A New Chapter for Interference.com - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #136
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:34 PM
The revenue from the site will go to offset the hosting and server costs (just like the past). I do plan to try and get some advertisers (which can be challenging with forums sometimes) so if I can land some then we will be cash flow positive and I will try to find ways to take care of our awesome team. I'll also make a commitment to donate to charities and support our members when they do things like events to raise money for charities. You know the kind of things like the Susan G Komen walk for a cure (womens breast cancer). I'd like to sponsor our members and do things to be a good member of the community. Yes, Interference was an investment for me (both time and money) I don't want to hide around that fact but please have some faith in knowing I will try to find ways to take care of the people who take of this site. It might be in the form of tickets to shows, flights to Ireland, CDs, a gift card to Starbucks, etc. If the gettin' is good the goodies will be better if the pickin's are slim then we all just have to go hungry and wait for a boom.

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:34 PM

I'm a little bit nervous about all of this- I will have some of you know.

I'm contemplating ringing my therapist.

Attached Thumbnails
1984-movie-bb.jpg  

Old 05-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy R
Oppps, sorry. I did not know the policy was to not be able to change names. Sometimes members have good reasons for changing their names so when they present a case it's really easy to change. An example might be when someone uses the same name on other sites and gets a stalker. Others have something in their life change like a last name or event that makes their name no longer relevant and want to get it updated. Each site has their own policy on this. Let's talk about this more after the move.
It would be awesome if we had the ability to change our names! You know, people create names depending on what they're into at the time. And I think it kinda sucks that they have to stick with it for the rest of their life! lol. I mean, we are allowed to officially change names in real life so I don't see why usernames shouldn't be allowed to change. Besides, I have seen a modified username lately. Slightly different name but same join date and post history. So I'm sure it's do-able.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 10:34 PM

Indeed, I fully support your requests to finally have your name officially changed to Poodlesque.

Andy, please make it so.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~
Indeed, I fully support your requests to finally have your name officially changed to Poodlesque.

Andy, please make it so.
I didn't say I was gonna change my name!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #141
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

It would be awesome if we had the ability to change our names! You know, people create names depending on what they're into at the time. And I think it kinda sucks that they have to stick with it for the rest of their life! lol. I mean, we are allowed to officially change names in real life so I don't see why usernames shouldn't be allowed to change. Besides, I have seen a modified username lately. Slightly different name but same join date and post history. So I'm sure it's do-able.
Admins have the ability to change users names, but honestly I've only changed people's names a few times and usually its because of special circumstances like someone used their real name by mistake or maybe someone really wants to just shorten the name or change it into their nickname, as long as its obvious to all the members its the same person I dont see it as a big problem. I think it would be too confusing if members were able to completely change their names.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
as long as its obvious to all the members its the same person I dont see it as a big problem. I think it would be too confusing if members were able to completely change their names.
Makes sense.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #143
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Will we be able to see old journal entries that were swallowed up by posting more journal entries than was actually healthy?

Yeah you will be able to see all entries of even the biggest journals now.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:34 PM
How about a way of seeing peoples alters???

Nice pic Andy!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #145
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
How about a way of seeing peoples alters???
You seem to want all the features that the staff has, not a chance sister
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #146
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:34 AM
I don't have much to chime in at this time, as I've been shamefully delinquent in getting myself up to speed with the new features due to an exceptionally hectic 'real life' lately. But what I have seen looks great; as already mentioned, there are several cool new features, while at the same time the basic look and flow of the site remains the same old familiar Interference. It's like most any other upgrade; we'll probably all go through a little disorientation at first, because this or that button or link isn't exactly where it was before, hey what's this funny-looking new icon do?, some of the formatting is slightly but noticeably different, etc. But they're all minor things, the kind of stuff that becomes habit quickly, and before you know it you've forgotten it was ever any different. Andy and his staff have been so patient and responsive in addressing our questions and obligingly tweaking this or that function a little in response to our concerns. We're in good hands. And as far as the day-to-day moderating of the forums, like Sicy said, none of us are going anywhere, so y'all already know what sort of hands you'll be in there.

Thank you Elvis for creating this place, keeping it going all these years, and seeing to it that the management of the site will be in good hands heading into the future, and good luck with your new endeavors.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

You seem to want all the features that the staff has, not a chance sister

My Mum always told me to aim high....

You know you love me Sicy
Old 05-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Also chiming in to add my complete support. Real life has gotten a bit overly busy these past few weeks (finals, work, and more MBA classes) but I'm really jazzed by the changes that are coming down the road. Andy has been really great to work with, very open to hearing us all out and to being flexible. I for one am excited about the direction. I hope everyone will be willing to keep an open mind and to continue to make this place the biggest and baddest (in the best possible way of course) U2 community anywhere.

sulawesigirl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:28 AM   #149
45:33

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy R
(Total Tickets I plan to replace

YYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
Old 05-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:34 PM
Nice pic Andy

BTW, what part of the world are you located in?