A Message to Our Readers - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #121
War Child

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Dalkey posted an email address before he/she started the icognito bullshit, it was sweatpea14(??)@yahoo or something like that. Check the Rollins/Indie threads, there were a bunch of them.

Jeez, how could anyone have believed this, including me?

Old 10-15-2004, 02:50 PM   #122
Refugee

Local Time: 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by iacrobat

He makes $1 month on memberships, I give the guys who play the accordian on the Metro more than that every week. I don't have many expectations from them. What do you expect for $1 a month? It is not a business. I spen waaaayy too much time I here browsing the forums, I don't want to begin how many hours Elvis spends keeping it going. I have often wondered why he bothers doing it. I think it is outrageous that you expect more for $1!

I would imagine he points out that he is not making a profit because it is quite possibe that people are insinuating that he might be.
You and I don't pay anything at all, but lots of people do. Once he started accpeting money for services Interference became a business, profitable or not. And as the owner of a business he is accountable to those who use his services. And they are free to take their money elsewhere.

Old 10-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #123
War Child

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

I paid 20 god damned dollars that I worked for into Joel's pocket to be lied to.

I demand some answers to be accountable for MY cash that I sent to him. I paid for this service and it's my damn right to know what the hell is being done with MY money.
Good god, then please, oh please, ask for your money back and stop whining that the world is owed to you because of your 20 god damned dollars.

I think you are taking yourself a bit too seriously.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #124
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Well I have read everyone of these forums. I am one of those who did believe it was him until, thank god, someone was nice enough to open my eyes.

I paid my membership dues before all this happened. It didn't make a difference, I wanted to join.

However, the truth of the matter is YOU JUST HANDLED IT COMPLETLY WRONG. In doing this you also upset many people. I haven't been on long but seeing how many long-time members are angry and leaving makes me wonder what else has gone on here.

U2 is my muse in life and it is a shame that this has to go on and we can't just enjoy posting on this bored. It is a shame that nobody could voice their suspicions or their thread would be closed, so much for freedom of speech.

I just think you owe these people the real truth not some half-assed answer. Just come clean, you'll get much more respect and it is the only way this will truly go away.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

1) Right now we dont even have all of that in one document... this is more than a month long of various types of communications with various people, as well as forum posts. We are considering trying to put all of this information together, however all of us have been overly busy with dealing with this as its happened aside from trying to deal with our real lives and jobs at the same time.
Well then you'd better get it compiled.

Quote:
2) There was no spike in prem. members in relation to 'the edge', and actually really none in membership either. Prem members range anywhere from 1-3 accounts per week, and sometimes as many as 7-10. These are usually a combination of yearly and or monthly memberships. This pattern hasnt changed because of all of this... infact, we've had some cancellations because of it. I have also sent a message to all Premium Members letting them know that I've added an additional two months to there membership for free.
Regardless, don't you feel some sort of sense of decency to at least offer them their money back if they signed up and paid 12 bucks for a hoax?

Oh yeah, I got that e-mail too. At least that was halfway decent, although it seems more like a stopgap measure to prevent you having to repay the cash rather than a real "thanks for your support".

Quote:
3) No it was not a direct result. It was something that had been building and has been addressed in another thread.
Then why, as someone else said, are they so convinced that it is. Nobody except the mods know what truly went on, but right now Anna and Salome have a lot more credibility in the general public's eye than you do.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #126
War Child

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:

3) No it was not a direct result. It was something that had been building and has been addressed in another thread.
link? If the answer is on another thread, I'd liek to read it, or point me in the direction.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Good god, then please, oh please, ask for your money back and stop whining that the world is owed to you because of your 20 god damned dollars.

I think you are taking yourself a bit too seriously.
How about paying some money for a service and then getting jacked? I'd like to see how you'd feel.

You have no right to tell me to calm down because you haven't paid one red penny to this site, so either way it's no skin off your back.

So piss off.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #128
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by Inner El Guapo

link? If the answer is on another thread, I'd liek to read it, or point me in the direction.
In LS, 'interference magic couple'
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:58 PM   #129
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

You and I don't pay anything at all, but lots of people do. Once he started accpeting money for services Interference became a business, profitable or not. And as the owner of a business he is accountable to those who use his services. And they are free to take their money elsewhere.
Again, what do you expect for $1 a month. This is not Microsoft or Apple. The service is highly subsidized by his own time.

Perspective.

People can and will take their money elsewhere. Maybe they can see a movie with those 12 dollars. Probably enough for a bucket of popcorn in there too.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Again, what do you expect for $1 a month. This is not Microsoft or Apple. The service is highly subsidized by his own time.

Perspective.

People can and will take their money elsewhere. Maybe they can see a movie with those 12 dollars. Probably enough for a bucket of popcorn in there too.
If it were really just as simple as taking our money elsewhere, why do you think there hasn't been a mass exodus?

Yes, we certainly can take our money elsewhere, however the friendships that have been made here make that a bit difficult.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #131
you are what you is

Quote:

In LS, 'interference magic couple'
ah, great thread yes
too bad you stopped posting in it as soon as our posting priviledges were restored
talking about a skewed impression on communication

back on topic though
as has been asked by a couple of people before:
what has changed during your holiday that you have changed your opinion?
maybe that might give us a clearer view on what happened
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #132
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:

How about paying some money for a service and then getting jacked? I'd like to see how you'd feel.

You have no right to tell me to calm down because you haven't paid one red penny to this site, so either way it's no skin off your back.

So piss off.

We've had barely any new Premium Memberships in the past month, compared to the month prior or that before it. Premium Memberships had nothing to do with 'the edge', and posting or replying with the edge, nor do the 'zine' or 'news' part of this site.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #133
Refugee

Quote:

Perspective.

I'm not suggesting that Interference is a major corporation, but it is a business in that it provides a service in exchange for money.

Perspective: I might pay $1 for a doughnut, and I will assume that it's not filled with baby spiders. If it is, I'm going to hold the business I gave my money to responsible. It doesn't matter how much I spent.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Katey

yes I had direct contact with this Edge via e-mail and my fault in this is not being more vigilant on my end with getting proof from PM. I had believed yes that this was something this Edge was doing in his free time, given the evidence I and senior staff had
What was that evidence that you and "senior staff" had?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #135
War Child

Quote:

So piss off.
Yeah, as if I have never experienced bad service before. Would you believe I have. Why just the other day I paid much more than had to for turkey breasts. But whining and bitching about as if the sky is falling never got me anywhere, so I decided to let it go.

I'll chose my battles thanks, and when I do chose to fight I'll remember, "well, they are just turkey breasts and its only 3 euros", so then I won't get too worked up about it.