Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 07:10 PM   #751
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by fly2jjw
I think the day(s) of reckoning will come when Interference members start seeking out the mods here on next year's tour for the answers they aren't getting. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some very angry confrontations. If there is one thing that ALL people hate, it's being lied to.
well, thanks! glad to see i'll be assaulted if i decide to go see one of my favourite bands in concert, especially since us mods know as much as you guys do!

i'm not asking for anyone to let this go or just forget it happened, but how the hell is any of this the mods' faults? everyone's said countless times - including elvis and the staff - that this wasn't the mods' faults. (the staff meaning katey, etc; the mods meaning me, sicy, pax, bc, etc.) you all have a right to be angry, you were lied to. but can we please not go yelling and blaming the people who had NOTHING to do with this?

Old 10-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #752
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:32 PM
Khanada, the person who said that doesn't know that the mods are different from the staff. People who frequent this place know that the mods have been placed in a hatefully difficult position, and people who frequent this place also give the mods full support. I know I do.

And hey, Elvis! I would still like an answer to my two questions, which I have been asking patiently and politely for many weeks.
I guess I'm just a total chump, eh? Thanks for being so civilized.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:30 PM   #753
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Seriously! The mods here have been, I think, completely supportive of the broader membership--and we have really no more to work off than the rest of the members. Besides, do you REALLY think some random angry Interlander is going to be able to pick out a smidge like me in a giant throbbing crowd of thousands? Come on now.

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #754
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

You're right, Pax, please see my last post. (We posted almost simultaneously.)
Old 10-25-2004, 10:51 PM   #755
you are what you is

Local Time: 06:32 PM
is Joel still at that REM show?

perhaps I could post the lyrics to Final Straw here one day
since he can't be bothered with answering questions there is no real threat of sidetracking this thread anyway
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #756
Refugee

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I would suggest letting go and moving on. I haven't seen you posting in FYM. Surely partisian bickering in FYM is more entertaining than calling out Elvis every day.
Same st, different forum. Arguing about lies, half-truths, faulty intelligence, forged documents, etc. Only difference is that I haven't gotten burned out on Inside Broadcast yet.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:18 PM   #757
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
is Joel still at that REM show?
From his comments several days ago about having to go to work, I think he's just the victim of an incredible amount of overtime.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:54 PM   #758
War Child

Local Time: 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

From his comments several days ago about having to go to work, I think he's just the victim of an incredible amount of overtime.
Don't forget he managed to watch a bit of television in there. West Wing, I think it was...
Old 10-26-2004, 04:05 AM   #759
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Thanks, biff.

And I'm sorry to everyone else that there seems to be not much motion on this issue. Elvis has not been around a whole lot as of late, I don't think, so there may well be other stuff going on.

You may want to give e-mail a shot: elvis@interference.com

Join Amnesty.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:28 AM   #760
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 AM
I have been away for a while. Just as well some people sent me a link to this thread. The preferred forum for this discussion appears to have changed while I was away. hmmm this is a long thread. Lost interest part of the way through.

On a personal level, Im wanting Elvis to say sorry for dismissing my concerns and apologise for his rudeness to me in regards to this issue. Personal slights do hurt.

On a global level, Im wanting clarification as to what actually happened. I dont give it a stuff if it was Don Smith, his daughter, somebody Walsh, or the postman.

What I want to know is why this person was presumed to be The Edge of U2.

Thank you.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:56 AM   #761
Refugee

Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli

On a personal level, Im wanting Elvis to say sorry for dismissing my concerns and apologise for his rudeness to me in regards to this issue. Personal slights do hurt.

Thank you.
This is so true. A considerable number of people had a bad treatment here, not only by this elvis but also by some of his followers (some i already saw in this endless thread demanding now excuses), just for not being blind believers in everything that was signed by that edger and/or the staff.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:15 AM   #762
Blue Crack Addict

I hope I'm not out of line for saying this beli, but I'm sorry you've been hurt. I think you "stuck your neck out" so to speak, and I guess that's what happens sometimes to people who do that. Of course I don't know all the details and it's none of my business, but from what I can surmise about you from this forum, I think you're a stand up honest gal
Old 10-26-2004, 10:05 AM   #763
The Fly

Quote:
I would suggest letting go and moving on. I haven't seen you posting in FYM. Surely partisian bickering in FYM is more entertaining than calling out Elvis every day.
What concern of it is yours if this thread never dies? What if we continue to ask the same question for months? How could that possibly affect you? I understand that you have decided to move on, but suggesting others do the same is very patronizing.

I feel like many others that if there is an explanation, we should be privy to it. If there is not explanation, then I have to assume it was fraud.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:35 AM   #764
Blue Crack Addict

I was speaking to ThatGuy, but since you have joined, let me reply.

I can't imagine that staying bunched up over an internet issue is very healthy. This is not your web site. I can't imagine why you think you deserve to be "privy" to anything Elvis does.

This "Edge" issue is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If you want to continue and grate you teeth over it fine - my simple suggestion was to move on to healthier things.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:50 AM   #765
The Fly

Quote:
I was speaking to ThatGuy, but since you have joined, let me reply.

I can't imagine that staying bunched up over an internet issue is very healthy. This is not your web site. I can't imagine why you think you deserve to be "privy" to anything Elvis does.

This "Edge" issue is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If you want to continue and grate you teeth over it fine - my simple suggestion was to move on to healthier things.
I am not "bunched up" at all. Just curious. I have never been angry or upset. I just think that it is very possible that Elvis has committed a fraud here, as he has in the past. I would just like explanation to prove the contrary. Until this explanation comes, I will be forever curious.

I certainly don't think I should be privy to anything that Elvis does, but I do think that when any site presents two U2 interviews as real and asserts a poster as the Edge, the site owes the members an explanation. More than "no one in the staff did it on purpose, and we do not know how we were duped".

Absolutely, the Edge issue and the "exclustive" interviews with U2 and the Edge being presented as legit and then recanted as fake is insignificant. I never said my life depended on having answers, just that I am curious.

Lastly, again I ask, why do you care that I care? Really. I get that you aren't curious, but why would my curiousity bother you? I don't get it. Why do you even come to this thread?