sooner or later

Old 10-25-2004, 04:58 AM   #737
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:27 AM
Well said

Quote:
Originally posted by brook

The CBS comparison came from Elvis himself. The problem is that it didn't happen the way you just said. For weeks, any number of members and staff were raising concerns and valid objections over the validity of the interview and the poster, and they were ignored, shut down and ridiculed. That is why some people are so angry - they feel taken advantage of.

This is just a message board, no doubt about it. But a lot of people invest a lot of time - both as "staff" and as members. So see, it is a community too. And when you are running something this large, charging for it, and hold yourself in your promotions as being the biggest and the best, you have a responsibility to do a few things. You have a responsibility to check, double check and triple check when you purport to have the object of everyone's obsession right here in our midst. You have a responsibility to address valid issues when they come up - immediately. You have a responsibility to LISTEN to the very staff you've "hired" when they tell you that you are making a mistake and be absolutely sure you're not mistaken before you dismiss their claims.

We are now in the sweeping under the rug mode. I don't think we'll ever hear another word on it from Elvis. I believe he will let people continue to blow a gasket in this thread (which is no longer on any page but here - while the Need Donations! announcement is right there where it's been since it was posted) while ignoring the valid questions, as he has from the beginning. But see, it's narrowed down to 3 or 4 people now. So, it's ok if those folks go away. I'd bet that's about how many people took off the last time this happened. Acceptable collateral damage. In a month, no one will even talk about this any more - it will just be pictures in PLEBA and tour tickets.
Exactly.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:05 AM   #738
Refugee

Local Time: 02:27 PM
well, seems i am 10 days late...

the internet has been invaded by tons of u2 fansites, probably more than any other band, and as such it has become a market itself (sponsors and banners increasing...) and with a lot of consumers. And since it's a market, the competition has gone so wild that to run in that championship everyone is looking for the exclusive new, for the exclusive photo, for the exclusive mp3... but the fact is that this stuff is spreaded so fast, that exclusivity became nothing... UNLESS you create some facts that cannot be confirmed, but are not also unconfirmed.

It's clear that this has become the strategical editorial option from this site to call atention, and therefore to gain a position in this market. We all remember of the solar thing, and some exclusive announcements from pm and rpm only to interference. All stuff from dark sources, never officialy confirmed, that were all later recognized as fake by this site and always with non-reliable excuses, but by that time the number of visits has already increased a lot.

With that in mind, coming now the time of a new u2 album, providing info such as "exclusive: album title" or "exclusive: tracklist" on the day it went public may look ridiculuous, so it was expected that interference would create some facts to call attention. That's why i had an hard time to believe that was the edge (and become almost sure it wasn't after that attack to jick immediately after this elvis guy had done the same thing).

What is worst is that some valid opinions on these forums have been marginalized because they were not according the "edge's" biblical word. Funny also how some people that participted on the offensive attack to jick's rationale supported by the edge & elvis are reacting now.

well, it's a relief to confirm it was all fake and the edge is not that offensive guy. i will keep coming here (if i'm allowed) to discuss u2 with you beautiful members because i love it. regarding info about the band, we have so much better places.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:07 AM   #739
Jim
Refugee

Local Time: 01:27 PM
I'll re-itterate my point about this needing to be mentioned on the front page. Elvis, ALOT of people are accessing the forms though the front page and never read this thread.

The outcome is that members find out about this by chance in other threads and feel cheated and embarassed about the whole thing, especially those who asked questions or have taken information as fact.

For example: http://forum.interference.com/showth...postid=1809919
Old 10-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #740
Refugee

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
I'll re-itterate my point about this needing to be mentioned on the front page. Elvis, ALOT of people are accessing the forms though the front page and never read this thread.

The outcome is that members find out about this by chance in other threads and feel cheated and embarassed about the whole thing, especially those who asked questions or have taken information as fact.

Wow, that is really sad. Mike was a very enthusiastic poster.

To not have an announcement on the front page, and now to have removed the announcement on the forums, is incredibly cowardly.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #741
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Last post on this subject...I think.
Since no true answers are not forthcoming, speculation as to how this
happened will continue.
I'm becoming more and more convinvced
this was a ploy right from the start to attract "premium" members.
Funny how the announcement for "donations" for a new server coincided
with that "exclusive" U2 interview.
That worked a bit, but to top it off
"Edge" was invented to further increase hits on here, and hopefully
more "premium" memebers.
Until I get straight answers, this is
what I'm going to believe.
I'll still come to this site to check out
the pics in PLEBA, and read fan accounters though, but the trustworthyness ( word?) of this site
is zero.
Rumors from crappy tabloids are treated as legit news, unknown sources who have access to the band
post "news," etc....etc.
The last straw was the fake Edge.
I knew he/she/it was fake from their
first post. And so did many others!
Any thread that questioned the
valiidity of the "Edge" was closed down. Hmm......very mysterious.
Elvis must've issued orders to shut
down these threads, so he could continue the farce?
That's the only answer I can come up
with.
I'll stick with u2.com for legit news
from now on. Yes, that site is slow, but
they would never pull the crap seen on
here lately.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:12 PM   #742
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
To not have an announcement on the front page, and now to have removed the announcement on the forums, is incredibly cowardly.
In 65 replies to this thread, what have you accomplished?
Old 10-25-2004, 01:38 PM   #743
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim

That really sucks. The worst thing is that the thread you highlight is a very very recent one.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #744
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

In counting the number of posts I made in this thread what have you accompished?

Same answer, probably.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:46 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Actually, there is a function that shows the number of replies to a thread - no effort really.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:21 PM   #746
War Child

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
In 94 replies to this thread what has Elvis accomplished?

I think that's the more important question.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:30 PM   #747
Refugee

Local Time: 01:27 PM
When I found out, only one expression came to mind:

I'VE BEEN PUNK'D!!

I can't believe I fell for it and even defended the possibility of it being the Edge. Nevertheless, I'm still not convinced that the poster is not close to the band. Too much exclusive information was revealed. When the album comes out, everything will be proven/disproven.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:45 PM   #748
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Normal

Geez, now people are being observed for how many replies they have made in this thread?

Trust me, I could have made even more...
Old 10-25-2004, 03:53 PM   #749
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Renne

In 94 replies to this thread what has Elvis accomplished?

I think that's the more important question.

nbc, are you implying that I'm wasting my time? You may be right about that, actually.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:17 PM   #750
Blue Crack Addict

I would suggest letting go and moving on. I haven't seen you posting in FYM. Surely partisian bickering in FYM is more entertaining than calling out Elvis every day.