A Message to Our Readers - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 05:16 AM   #691
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
By the way, what has happened to the ad of the African Well Fund? Did the organizers of the African Well Fund take it off, or did the time run out, or did you take it off? Was that ad paid, or did you run it for free?
Well, oktobergirl was going to ask Elvis at the convention if he could put the AWF banner back up again... but he didn't show up.

I don't know the particulars behind why it was taken down in the first place, if it was a paid banner, or if it was free. I'll have to ask her.

Moonie

Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 AM   #692
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

What?

http://forum.interference.com/showth...5&pagenumber=2

Oh my, that was bad. I'm actually embarrassed for the perpetrators now. I am convinced now even more that there was more than one person acting the role of the faker (and it wasn't a 13 year old girl) Sorry to step back in. Good work ThatGuy.

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
I cant believe that in a moment of sheer idiocy I actually PM'd this individual with my life 'u2 story' - and then the next day apologized for the lengthly message. How utterly embarrassing and demeaning.
THAT is what got me so upset over all this. We all did stuff like that

Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #693
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
whenhiphop..., re: the site design...

See my comment in the DES thread.

Other than that, let's keep THIS thread on topic too.
No offense there, pax, but everyone has been waiting for the great document Elvis thought of preparing. But he backed off.

Obviously, the topic of "how" this site is run, includes a lot of side dishes. Some of the side dishes deal with questions about finances. Others deal with ethic values. Some deal with the removal of mods. Others deal with the ads.

For example, Elvis gets a bonus on my ethic map if I know the ad for the Well Fund was run for free, without charging, for "charity" reasons. It would be the right thing to do.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:57 AM   #694
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks

Well, oktobergirl was going to ask Elvis at the convention if he could put the AWF banner back up again... but he didn't show up.

I don't know the particulars behind why it was taken down in the first place, if it was a paid banner, or if it was free. I'll have to ask her.

Moonie
Please ask her. I am interested.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:39 AM   #695
Refugee

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Put this whole incident on a much larger scale, think of all the believers in Christianity.............
Old 10-22-2004, 08:52 AM   #696
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AussieU2fanman
Put this whole incident on a much larger scale, think of all the believers in Christianity.............
I suppose this will be interpreted as a "personal attack" but that's not really necessary, is it?

Is someone here holding themselves out to be God or Jesus like?

We've seen your views of Christianity all over this forum but did you really have to get this dig in too?

Trust me, my belief in God has no analogy to what I might think about this place or this situation..
Old 10-22-2004, 08:55 AM   #697
Refugee

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Quote:
Let's not, okay? You've already exhausted this topic in FYM.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:55 AM   #698
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I suppose this will be interpreted as a "personal attack" but that's not really necessary, is it?

Is someone here holding themselves out to be God or Jesus like?

We've seen your views of Christianity all over this forum but did you really have to get this dig in too?

Trust me, my belief in God has no analogy to what I might think about this place or this situation..
I'm sure many people had 100% faith that is was in fact Edge from U2, just like Jesus was in fact God.
Whoops, I shouldn't tread into this territoriy
ON TOPIC! (sorry, my fault as usual )
Old 10-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #699
Refugee

Quote:

I'm sure many people had 100% faith that is was in fact Edge from U2, just like Jesus was in fact God.
Whoops, I shouldn't tread into this territoriy
ON TOPIC!
If you were really worried about keeping this thread on topic you wouldn't have done what you did. This thread is heated enough without that kind of bs. Let's drop it.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:01 AM   #700
Refugee

Ok people, let's stop demanding that Elvis present all the evidence in chronological order and his reasoning behind concluding the authenticity of his claims. He won't do it no matter how much you ask him. Why? Because I know, you know and he knows that it is all bullshit! He knew right off the bat it wasn't the Edge\interviews from U2. He is very transparent and anyone with half a brain could figure out what's going on. The ambiguity\irrelevance\avoidance of his justifications is enough for a logical conclusion on the matter! What do you want him to do? He's not going to ADMIT the truth, that would be ridiculous and completely stupid for anyone to do so in his circumstance. He just miscalculated this stunt (in this case, overshooting the landing by at least 3 miles!). He is trying to pick up any last inch of credibility he can find, and he's doing an okay job considering the situation. I couldn't have done much better if I was in his situation which he brought upon himself. But I wouldn't have attempted this stunt in the first place, it was wayyyy too dangerous Elvis, you could have attained funds\popularity via other means.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #701
The Fly

Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
But I wouldn't have attempted this stunt in the first place, it was wayyyy too dangerous Elvis, you could have attained funds\popularity via other means.
e.g. serious quality work like a lot of other U2 sites out there actually do?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:18 AM   #702
Creator of the Blue Crack

I'm at work, cant really spend time posting, but I just wanted to address the African Well Fund ad... originally we were going to run it for free for only one month, then it was going to be removed. I saw how many people were clicking on it, and thought it'd be nice just to leave it up longer... It was up for several months, and again.. yes I ran it for FREE. I only took it down for the album banner, and if/when I get around to finishing the new site, it's going to have a permanent spot for charity type banners/ads.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:22 AM   #703
Refugee

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to address something that has very little to do with the topic of this thread. If you're not going to address the real issues at this time can you at least tell us if/when you will?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:46 AM   #704
Refugee

Hi guys, I want wanted to answer hip hop's question.

The banner for AWF was not paid for in any form. We are a non profit and don't have the funds for paid advertising.

Interference posted the banner for us at our request several months back and left it up. I'm happy to hear that it may come back up in the near future.

As you know, many interferencers are a huge part of the AWF's success.

Thanks!

Oktobergirl (julie)
Old 10-22-2004, 09:49 AM   #705
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
I'm at work, cant really spend time posting, but I just wanted to address the African Well Fund ad... originally we were going to run it for free for only one month, then it was going to be removed. I saw how many people were clicking on it, and thought it'd be nice just to leave it up longer... It was up for several months, and again.. yes I ran it for FREE. I only took it down for the album banner, and if/when I get around to finishing the new site, it's going to have a permanent spot for charity type banners/ads.
Good. Here you go, you got your bonus point on my ethic map. Have a teddy