A Message to Our Readers - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #676
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

I'm not sure which you're talking about... but she references other people KNOWING it was a fake... and this goes back to the whole 'know','fact', 'evidence' comments I've made. I've not heard anyone tell me what they KNOW besides an IP address.

I'm late. I will be back tonight.
OK....which brings us all back to the point....what did you and the'staff' KNOW besides that fact that this person was someone who said they were Edge....like you say, it all goes back to the 'know', 'fact', 'evidence' comments. What did YOU KNOW besides an IP address???????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes...there are many question marks there, but at the end of the day, that is the crux of the 40-odd pages in this thread. WHY THE HELL DID YOU INSIST THAT THIS WAS EDGE, AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU TELL US TO SHUT UP WHEN WE SAID THAT IS WASN'T????????

I hate to shout, but that's ALL we've been asking for the past couple of weks. In fact, that's all we've been asking since these 'Edge' postings first materialised. You're quick to answer in CAPITALS if you think you've got some form of answer, but to tell the truth, it's all a load of gaseous waffle. A great big pile of bollocks that answers no questions AT ALL.

Ah well, love. Not to worry. We've all been saying since 'The Edge' first appeared, this will all turn out to be nothing more than bullshit. Surprise, surprise, we were right. And we got told to pipe down by other members for it, other members that some have known for years. Purely because they trusted you, Elvis. And because they were reassured that you had done your research and that you wouldn't lead them up the garden path. We stated our disbelief, and we were repeatedly told to keep our opinions to ourself and told to stop causing trouble. Is it any surprise that those longterm members are ready to piss off to pastures new, and that the 'newbies' are the ones that are ready to stick by you??? Maybe because the newbies are the ones that have yet to learn about the way things work around here.

that's my say on the matter.

Old 10-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #677
Refugee

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
But why do you deserve to know if you've been lied to or not? What will it change?

You already know that Joel's credibility is shot. You already know that you don't want to send money anymore.
Well I personally have already made my decision about being here. For me, I suppose it wouldn't change anything. But for a lot of people I think it would definitely change the way they looked at the site, especially if they have already sent money in the past. Again, bringing the business angle back up, Elvis is ultimately responsible to his customers.

This isn't the first time Elvis's credibilty has been called into question. Every other time he was able to skate by without having to answer the hard questions. After a pattern has emerged, don't you think he should be held responsible for his actions?

Old 10-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #678
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2

OK....which brings us all back to the point....what did you and the'staff' KNOW besides that fact that this person was someone who said they were Edge....like you say, it all goes back to the 'know', 'fact', 'evidence' comments. What did YOU KNOW besides an IP address???????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes...there are many question marks there, but at the end of the day, that is the crux of the 40-odd pages in this thread. WHY THE HELL DID YOU INSIST THAT THIS WAS EDGE, AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU TELL US TO SHUT UP WHEN WE SAID THAT IS WASN'T????????

I hate to shout, but that's ALL we've been asking for the past couple of weks. In fact, that's all we've been asking since these 'Edge' postings first materialised. You're quick to answer in CAPITALS if you think you've got some form of answer, but to tell the truth, it's all a load of gaseous waffle. A great big pile of bollocks that answers no questions AT ALL.

Ah well, love. Not to worry. We've all been saying since 'The Edge' first appeared, this will all turn out to be nothing more than bullshit. Surprise, surprise, we were right. And we got told to pipe down by other members for it, other members that some have known for years. Purely because they trusted you, Elvis. And because they were reassured that you had done your research and that you wouldn't lead them up the garden path. We stated our disbelief, and we were repeatedly told to keep our opinions to ourself and told to stop causing trouble. Is it any surprise that those longterm members are ready to piss off to pastures new, and that the 'newbies' are the ones that are ready to stick by you??? Maybe because the newbies are the ones that have yet to learn about the way things work around here.

that's my say on the matter.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:12 PM   #679
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

Well I personally have already made my decision about being here. For me, I suppose it wouldn't change anything. But for a lot of people I think it would definitely change the way they looked at the site, especially if they have already sent money in the past. Again, bringing the business angle back up, Elvis is ultimately responsible to his customers.

This isn't the first time Elvis's credibilty has been called into question. Every other time he was able to skate by without having to answer the hard questions. After a pattern has emerged, don't you think he should be held responsible for his actions?
This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Real reasons rather than more cries for blood.

I understand more what you want now. I may not agree, but I understand.

Thank you.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #680
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Real reasons rather than more cries for blood.

I understand more what you want now. I may not agree, but I understand.

Thank you.
Shucks, I came back in here ready to defend myself.

Even if you don't agree, thanks for understanding.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:42 PM   #681
The Fly

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
This whole situation stinks. Given the evidence presented, to believe that Elvis and his content staff were duped by the faux Edge means that you would have to think that they are, at best, stupid.
You know what they say, if caught, play dumb. I suppose being labeled 'stupid' was more desirable than being labeled 'liar.'

EPandAmerica I may be the only person who got your 'here's your sign' joke

(here's your sign=STUPID!)
Old 10-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #682
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
But I do have to say that bringing up that "suicidal" issue..I don't see the "point" that was being made, and I think that's truly uncalled for. That is a deeply personal issue. Not naming names doesn't make it any more private or justify it, but then again, nothing's really ever private on the Internet, is it?
Thank you. And thanks, Angela. Even though Elvis doesn't see it the way I see it, I believe using suicide as an example of what's private and what isn't is really low. Who freakin' cares if the names were mentioned or not? Out of the 22,000 people reading the thread, there is bound to be someone who knows EXACTLY who he's referring to.

Moonie
Old 10-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #683
Refugee

I wonder if Elvis is home from work yet.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:54 AM   #684
Blue Crack Supplier

U2log.com now has an article on the return of Bono's briefcase and the role they played in it. It's an interesting read, also with regard to the situation here. Choice quote:
Quote:
This is the story. Rheaume contacted U2log.com to help her and her friend get in touch with U2’s management so the two could return the material to Bono in person. Knowing that anyone would find their claim unbelievable, we asked for photographic evidence to provide to U2’s management and received the photos that are published with this report.
And yes, the site has the photographic evidence. And no, they did not ask for this because of Edgegate here (as the first contact between U2log.com and the person who found the contents was a year ago). It's the basic thing to do when you deal with something as important as this...

Marty
Old 10-22-2004, 01:31 AM   #685
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn
U2log.com now has an article on the return of Bono's briefcase and the role they played in it. It's an interesting read, also with regard to the situation here. Choice quote:

And yes, the site has the photographic evidence. And no, they did not ask for this because of Edgegate here (as the first contact between U2log.com and the person who found the contents was a year ago). It's the basic thing to do when you deal with something as important as this...

Marty
I must be a bad fan (don't claim to be a good one though ), and I know it's off the subject, but what the hell is this about?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:50 AM   #686
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I must be a bad fan (don't claim to be a good one though ), and I know it's off the subject, but what the hell is this about?
http://u2log.com/archive/002943.shtml and
http://forum.interference.com/t99836.html
Old 10-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #687
ONE
love, blood, life

Cool! Thanks for the links!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:36 AM   #688
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:59 AM

http://forum.interference.com/t97235.html

What is this supposed to be, cynicism?

Leave the design like it is, Elvis. Don´t waste away server space, things are probably gonna get bigger automatically. On the other hand, you can spend your money and time for whatever you want.. not my business, I don´t pay to be a premium, I don´t pay for the ads, I´m not donating for server space.

You still want to change the design after losing credibility? Doesn´t work for me at all.

Take some time to answer some more questions in this thread or compile the document you were talking about (and then changed your mind easily, apparently after realizing it wasn´t necessary anymore).

Give the community something the community needs - not a new fucking baggy pants cut n colour. Have you seen how some members were hurt? You realized that? Good. So what is your concept?

Interference is your child, but this community isn´t yours. The community deserves to be treated better than providing your advertising customers statistics about how many hits per day.

Only thing in that context that speaks for you, Elvis, is the fact that your last comment about redesigning dates back to 09/24.

Yours sincerily,

2600 red box buddy
Old 10-22-2004, 03:12 AM   #689
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:59 AM
By the way, what has happened to the ad of the African Well Fund? Did the organizers of the African Well Fund take it off, or did the time run out, or did you take it off? Was that ad paid, or did you run it for free?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:43 AM   #690
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

whenhiphop..., re: the site design...

See my comment in the DES thread.

Other than that, let's keep THIS thread on topic too.

Join Amnesty.
Closed Thread