A Message to Our Readers - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:37 PM   #601
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:42 AM
I just wanted to have the 600th post in this thread.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #602
War Child

Local Time: 09:42 PM
indra:

Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks
What he said.
she.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #603
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:42 AM
I never believed it was Edge from Day 1.
And so did many other people, but us
"doubters" were ostracized by the powers that be. Oh well. Some left
in disgust, over this fiasco.
Very good point raised! Why the wait to finally contact U2's publicity dept.?
It should have been contacted the first
time she/he/it posted as "The Edge."
Sorry...I never bought the tale that
he/she/it couldn't be verified.
Now a word from Robin:
"Holy egg on their faces, Batman!!"

Old 10-20-2004, 08:49 PM   #604
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tip Top Prince

Where are the emails?

Where are your emails?

I really think you fail to understand somethings:

a) There are 2 private forums for mods/admins here - what is contained within them are private. Period.

b) There is a private mailing list for the zine staff - what is contained within it is private. Period.

c) Amongst the various forms of communication are personal information, stories, and feelings that are private. For one example: I shared some memories with 'the edge' about 2 past moderators of this site which were suicidal, and my feelings about that, as well as my involvement with trying to persuade them otherwise. That's not anyones business here.

d) Based on (a), (b) and (c) you're never going to get the entire story. and thus will continue to keep questioning and demanding 'full disclosure' - which, to be honest.. I still don't understand where it is in the fine print that when we posted our apology it was written that we were going to have a 'full disclosure'. At one time I did say it was under consideration, that was it.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:53 PM   #605
New Yorker

Has any other fan site every posted fake interviews? Honestly, I don't know, has anyone else ever been duped? You'd think that this sort of thing would happen quite a lot, if it is that easy to fool people in to thinking that you are a band member.

Maybe we need a U2 refresher course for staff and site owners to take every six months or so.

I just DON'T get it. People on this site are always ing at each other and mentioning how things at PM are run and ing at how officals are apt to be running the halls of Interference, but when it comes right down to it, you were ALL duped by FAKES.

Do we have a what the fuck smilie? WTF? INDEED.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:58 PM   #606
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
At one time I did say it was under consideration, that was it.
What changed your mind?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #607
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Renne
indra:

she.
ah. I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

what HE said.

Moonie
Old 10-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #608

Quote:
Originally posted by EPandAmerica

Iand mentioning how things at PM are run and ing at how officals are apt to be running the halls of Interference, but when it comes right down to it, you were ALL duped by FAKES.
Uhm, besides recently who has publicly mentioned anyone official 'running the halls'?

I did say that I have assisted official folks that initiated contact with me (not the other way around). We also know of official folks' email addresses, some of which are associated with member accounts here. Keep in mind that to signup as a member here, emails are verified by the recipient when they are sent a code to enter, and then have to enter that code to activate their account. This process only allows those with legitimate email accounts (which they have control over) to login fully - and if they dont their account is held in 'limbo zone'.

I am also fully aware of several IP addresses which are of an official nature. This information is logged, just like everything else on the server is.

I'm going to watch West Wing.

bbl.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #609

Quote:
Originally posted by Renne

What changed your mind?
a. b. c. and d. - that's what I just got through explaining.

West Wing...

bbl (again)
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:05 PM   #610
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Quote:

Where are your emails?

I really think you fail to understand somethings:

a) There are 2 private forums for mods/admins here - what is contained within them are private. Period.

b) There is a private mailing list for the zine staff - what is contained within it is private. Period.

c) Amongst the various forms of communication are personal information, stories, and feelings that are private. For one example: I shared some memories with 'the edge' about 2 past moderators of this site which were suicidal, and my feelings about that, as well as my involvement with trying to persuade them otherwise. That's not anyones business here.
Wait a minute... you just said that was private, period. So am I to believe that what you just posted on this board about the two previous moderators being suicidal was originally private? Why did you post that, then, if it's nobody's business?

Personally? Using something as obviously private as suicide as an example of what is private and what isn't was in poor taste. Just MHO.

Moonie
Old 10-20-2004, 09:10 PM   #611
War Child

Quote:
a. b. c. and d. - that's what I just got through explaining.
Whoosh! That's the sound of the point going right over your head.

You said you considered full disclosure. A, B and C didn't just suddenly appear after you considered full disclosure.

So you were obviously considering it even it light of A, B and C.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:15 PM   #612
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks
Personally? Using something as obviously private as suicide as an example of what is private and what isn't was in poor taste. Just MHO.

Not that I even get how he could compare suicide with deceiving the members of this board. Not even in the same ballpark.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:27 PM   #613
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

So, my questions for the last several weeks were, "if you indeed believed you were dealing with the Edge, what proofs did you require, and what proofs did you receive?"
Thank you, Elvis, for giving me an answer to one of those questions! Clearly, anyone would be convinced they were dealing with the genuine article once they had been provided with a link to that obviously very classy "Club Vertigo". Bono HAD to have been referencing that place in his lyrics, no?

No.

Edited to add: I don't know about the rest of you, but I am starting to feel seriously insulted at this point.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:31 PM   #614
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff
So, my questions for the last several weeks were, "if you indeed believed you were dealing with the Edge, what proofs did you require, and what proofs did you receive?"
Thank you, Elvis, for giving me an answer to one of those questions! Clearly, anyone would be convinced they were dealing with the genuine article once they had been provided with a link to that obviously very classy "Club Vertigo". Bono HAD to have been referencing that place in his lyrics, no?

No.

Edited to add: I don't know about the rest of you, but I am starting to feel seriously insulted at this point.
Thanks for giving me a good laugh. Good one!

And yes to your "Edited to Add"
Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #615
Babyface

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
I believed just as much as the next person, maybe even more, that this was the real deal as it was happening. This was not pre-planned, orchestrated, on the side of Interference. The entire zine staff was mislead, fooled, manipulated. The entire zine staff was also very upset when we finally did realize something may not be 'right'. No one on staff, zine or forum, orchestrated this. We still do not truly KNOW who 'the edge' was.

What I do know is that from this point fwd interviews will be double checked and double confirmed as to source and content. As well, anyone on the forum that even attempts to come across as someone official in public (that I become aware of) will be asked to 'prove it' and explain what has trasnspired.
Joel
So, basically, as I understand it, someone contacted you or your staff and handed you an exclusive interview with U2. You all thought it was legit. Didn't probe, just assumed.

Then when you posted this interview, you couldn't even print who had answered the questions, just a vague "U2" as the respondent. That indicates to me that you didn't even try to see who was at the other end. If I were interviewing U2, I would like to know which member or members I was corresponding with even via email.

I don't know how you could believe U2 would contact you for an exclusive interview. It doesn't happen that way. It's not that easy. I find it hard to believe that you were all so easily duped/misled when dozens of people thought it was fraudulent immediately.