Old 10-19-2004, 09:49 PM   #541
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 11:51 AM
I PMd you.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:11 PM   #542
War Child

Angela- I want to hear what you want to say.

As for the hoaxing shit, it's juvenile to sit back and let hundreds of people believe that The Edge was posting. If none of the website owners/admin were to encourage the belief that this really was the Edge, then there would be NO problem.
None of us would even paid a speck of attention to this freak who had the name TheEdge. In fact, we'd buddy up with him as we do others. No harm would have been done.
Sadly, the fact is, that admin put up interviews, and Ask The Edge, and all that bullshit of replying to the Edge as if he were the Edge. I don't know what kind of proof they had, but oh well.
Yes I feel stupid that for a few minutes I fancied the idea of Edge paying attention to us. But just because the band members are not posting, does not mean that they don't check in from time to time.

As for the hoax,
"Don't let it happen again!"

Old 10-20-2004, 01:55 AM   #543
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
... we do not KNOW the truth. Even to this day, I am still finding out new information (as I recently told you in a PM), and yet.. still do not KNOW much more than a week, two weeks, ago. You have certain details, I have certain details, as do others, and most of them do not match up to make for certain that any of them are actually FACT...
The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...
Old 10-20-2004, 04:00 AM   #544
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:51 PM
So let me understand this...and this is really pissing me off.....

You just admitted you knew it was not the Edge but Don. You felt it acceptable to let someone you thought was close to U2 named DON pretend to be the Edge. Isn't that in and of itself a lie that you knowingly passed off on ALL of US?

I do not give a rats ass if he is close to U2. If you A) did not think it was the Edge and B) passed said person off as the Edge you lied!

Case closed.....
Old 10-20-2004, 04:21 AM   #545
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
So let me understand this...and this is really pissing me off.....

You just admitted you knew it was not the Edge but Don. You felt it acceptable to let someone you thought was close to U2 named DON pretend to be the Edge. Isn't that in and of itself a lie that you knowingly passed off on ALL of US?

I do not give a rats ass if he is close to U2. If you A) did not think it was the Edge and B) passed said person off as the Edge you lied!

Case closed.....
I NEVER said I KNOW it to be someone named Don.

I have said that at this point we KNOW nothing more than IP.

Please, don't put words in my mouth.

Angela Harlem can tell you with no more certainty than I who this person(s) is or is not. All we can do at this point is speculate.

The case is hardly closed. Infact, the case will most likely never be closed unless the real person(s) behind it all ever decides to stand up and admit to it - which is highly unlikely.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:12 AM   #546
Babyface

Local Time: 07:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LoveTown
[B]

are you talking about 3-4 years ago?

If so, it was a huge mess. Basically some of us got mad over several things, including the fake band postings and left. River pretty much got banned right away, even though he didn't do anything to get banned. Me on the other hand, I got mad, pretty much acted like a troll on here out of spite....and got myself banned. Frogbat got banned for speaking his mind about things on the forum if I recall....others got banned for being friends with us lol.

--------

yeah the good ol' days I hadn't went in here in years but do recall lots of peeps were banned for various reasons. River had issues prior to interf... frogbat was being frogbat, some ppl finds him well, offensive... god was banned for his nick and offensiveness... not sure about brettig though, I thought it was a prank because rafs were disatisfied with his loosing the connection or something. Brettig was very harmless so to speak a nice lad if you ask me In those days ppl can be banned for expressing their opinion, if it was unpopular or offended someone for whatever reasons.

though I'd say we have quite high threshold of offense to be troubled

I miss those days!

Angel
Old 10-20-2004, 05:39 AM   #547
Refugee

Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
yeah the good ol' days I hadn't went in here in years but do recall lots of peeps were banned for various reasons. River had issues prior to interf... frogbat was being frogbat, some ppl finds him well, offensive... god was banned for his nick and offensiveness... not sure about brettig though, I thought it was a prank because rafs were disatisfied with his loosing the connection or something. Brettig was very harmless so to speak a nice lad if you ask me In those days ppl can be banned for expressing their opinion, if it was unpopular or offended someone for whatever reasons.

though I'd say we have quite high threshold of offense to be troubled

I miss those days!

Ange
I'm not dragging this out to make Elvis look bad, I have to say that first of all. I just want people to know what happened to the people you mentioned because at one time they were very good friends of mine. I miss those days too

Well River sometimes took the heat at interference just for doing what he was told to do. He was outraged at the fake band postings because like it or not, he is a VERY honest person. Keep in mind that River never said anything on the forum or in the chat about Elvis or the site when it all happened. He kept his battles with Elvis private and was banned for them. I didn't even find out about much of it until after the fact. River never posted any grand "Im leaving" or "I quit" posts or said so in the chat. He just quietly left one day. I was the one that had the big mouth and made a grand announcement. Which he wasn't too happy with. He's a good guy at heart and wouldn't intentionally piss anybody innocent off, not without feeling bad about it and making up for it in some way at a later time.

Frogbat, Bat got pissed and basically said so in no uncertain terms and was banned for it. Bat is extremely intelligent and a VERY funny person. I think he is one of the people I miss talking to most of all.

Brettig, I think poor Betty was banned just for being buds with me, River and Bat at the time lol. Although he supposedly did something or other to make Elvis mad....I forget now but Betty has always been a super sweet person.

I was banned because I got mad about the fake band posting and a few other things and acted like an idiot. I pretty much did whatever I could to piss Elvis off at that point. So really, he had no choice but to ban me. In my head my own ban was the only legit one at that time heh.

Others were banned too, but now I forget the circumstances and the names. I just recall those specific people because we all became pretty close for a while after the bans.

I have to say that I am happy to see that Elvis isn't banning people for just speaking out this time around. If this were the "Old Days" I would have been banned days ago.

People need to have a right to bitch and moan, get it out of their systems and move on. So I definately think Elvis is handling that situation better than before. Interference can be a WONDERFUL place as long as people don't have to worry about being banned just for speaking out.

****I wanted to add that I think at some point Frogbat may have said some nasty things to or about Sicy out of anger and I think that may have been part of the reason behind his ban too. I too took a lot of my frustration out and gave Sicy a bit of a hard time. Time has shown me that Sicy is a really great person and I think she is a huge asset to this site.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:11 AM   #548
Babyface

Anna got a lot of points in there Joel, if you know IPs are not reliable source of info, and you were indeed speculating whether that person was Don or not, then why suggesting that it was? if the same IP was tracked as the infamous The Edge, why didn't the clarification made earlier before this whole thing blew off?

You can deny the whole thing, and all feel free to disagree, but in my opinion Anna had made her case, and I found her side of the story is more consistent and trustworthy.

Don't take me wrong I appreciate greatly what you have done for making this wonderful site running and I can understand if profit was never been your motive in doing so (the truth, you know better than I do). Am not a paying member because I find international money order bothersome, but that doesn't rest my case.

I am just wondering how all these defense and arguments will do this case any justice?

Salut for AH and Salome for spare us some lights to otherwise crowd in blinded tunnel. Perspective is the key. What matters most is the truth will eventually comes up. There's only one undeniable evidence: the truth. Hope all is well with you guys...

you might remember me from years back, but when not don't bother

Angel
Old 10-20-2004, 06:38 AM   #549
Refugee

Quote:
you might remember me from years back, but when not don't bother

Angel
I'm sure I do remember you, way back in the far corners of my mind
Old 10-20-2004, 06:38 AM   #550
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveTown

I'm not dragging this out to make Elvis look bad, I have to say that first of all. I just want people to know what happened to the people you mentioned because at one time they were very good friends of mine. I miss those days too

Well River sometimes took the heat at interference just for doing what he was told to do. He was outraged at the fake band postings because like it or not, he is a VERY honest person. Keep in mind that River never said anything on the forum or in the chat about Elvis or the site when it all happened. He kept his battles with Elvis private and was banned for them. I didn't even find out about much of it until after the fact. River never posted any grand "Im leaving" or "I quit" posts or said so in the chat. He just quietly left one day. I was the one that had the big mouth and made a grand announcement. Which he wasn't too happy with. He's a good guy at heart and wouldn't intentionally piss anybody innocent off, not without feeling bad about it and making up for it in some way at a later time.

Frogbat, Bat got pissed and basically said so in no uncertain terms and was banned for it. Bat is extremely intelligent and a VERY funny person. I think he is one of the people I miss talking to most of all.

Brettig, I think poor Betty was banned just for being buds with me, River and Bat at the time lol. Although he supposedly did something or other to make Elvis mad....I forget now but Betty has always been a super sweet person.

I was banned because I got mad about the fake band posting and a few other things and acted like an idiot. I pretty much did whatever I could to piss Elvis off at that point. So really, he had no choice but to ban me. In my head my own ban was the only legit one at that time heh.

Others were banned too, but now I forget the circumstances and the names. I just recall those specific people because we all became pretty close for a while after the bans.

I have to say that I am happy to see that Elvis isn't banning people for just speaking out this time around. If this were the "Old Days" I would have been banned days ago.

People need to have a right to bitch and moan, get it out of their systems and move on. So I definately think Elvis is handling that situation better than before. Interference can be a WONDERFUL place as long as people don't have to worry about being banned just for speaking out.

****I wanted to add that I think at some point Frogbat may have said some nasty things to or about Sicy out of anger and I think that may have been part of the reason behind his ban too. I too took a lot of my frustration out and gave Sicy a bit of a hard time. Time has shown me that Sicy is a really great person and I think she is a huge asset to this site.
completely agree with you that you didn't and we shouldn't make Elvis looks bad or anything. Don't have the intention to, and I also think that Elvis does handle that situation better than before. I used to be one of those bitches (though not banned)! But this fraudulent fake interviews and posting could immensely affect what would've been a very succesful forum ever. I believe that it could be unintentional, but yet the impact as it is evident now is very dire. Elvis I bet is frustrated enough to find another reason to give up this forum (which I hope will not happen) and I can fully understand if he's pissed off to the highest degree this time. But I also know that Anna, as it was River, also taking the heat and I can imagine pain, just for being terribly honest ...

I hope this thing will clears up soon, because this forum mean a lot more than just a fan site to many of us. I hope I did not say anything or ignore anything that would not do Elvis and others justice, as it was not my intention to do so.

Angel
Old 10-20-2004, 06:46 AM   #551
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:51 PM
Quote:

I NEVER said I KNOW it to be someone named Don.

Please, don't put words in my mouth.

Angela Harlem can tell you with no more certainty than I who this person(s) is or is not. All we can do at this point is speculate.
the point is that while all of us could indeed only speculate who it was because no one - including you - had any clue about his/her real identity you gave this person an official band status and repeatedly stated this was indeed The Edge
it still interests many people what led you to these actions
and since it is something that you did yourself a couple of weeks back it shouldn't involve any research, speculation or mysterious investigations from anyone

btw, you did at one point state that Dalkey was Don Smith the sound engineer
and you did also state Dalkey was actually The Edge a couple days later
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-20-2004, 06:53 AM   #552
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome

btw, you did at one point state that Dalkey was Don Smith the sound engineer
and you did also state Dalkey was actually The Edge a couple days later
That was my understanding based on what I have read in here too.....

WHIch is why I did not put words into anyones mouth.....

"Hence let me understand this..."

at the beginning of my post.

If I have read everything correctly, it was ok for the "EDGE" to not really be the "Edge" because it was possible that it was DOn the Engineer.

That is what I was trying to clear up.....never said you knew Don the Engineer.,
Old 10-20-2004, 07:05 AM   #553
War Child

Quote:

That's a fucking lie. You know way more than that.

You exchanged some form of electronic communication with certain individuals. You are fully aware of the content of these communications and yet do not disclose them. The fact that you may (or may not) have known who the 'other person' was/is/maybe/whatever is beside the point. You had conversations and they led you to make certain decisions and we are all asking how you could come to these decisions (which at BEST were highly dubious) and you won't tell us.

When are you going to come clean?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:31 AM   #554
Babyface

You know this should be posted to the front page - as a news story - since that was where the Ask the Edge and the Edge Interview was posted. Other media outlets picked up on those stories and may not pick up on the correction if only seen in the forums. A lot of people just read the news posts and don't necessarily see the forums. It looks like it's being hidden away here in the forums instead.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:26 AM   #555
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:51 AM
Elvis lets brainstorm. Tell us about the member sitting in the unused usergroup. I checked that IP. Proves nothing, but sheesh it sure was an interesting set of digits. Is this what you were referring to on msn when you told me you saw all my 'snooping around' in the admin cp? May I refresh your memory and remind you you made me an admin? Did you want me to just sit around and look pretty? Why did someone put that person there? They're never posted. Not from that IP and not since 2002.

Your theory is based on God knows what. Jealousy you call it. Mine is based on too many suspicious circumstances to count.

Lets see who wants to declare this an empty threat. You're going to have to give answers if you want this to 'go away'.