Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:47 PM   #526
Refugee

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LuminousTimes

Salome is saying that Joel could somehow respond immediately when people were questioning the "edge's" posts indicating that they were authentic, but somehow he is now too busy to answer any questions or give any facts regarding the bogus interviews and the bogus edge.

(sorry about the major run-on sentence)
LT, AllBecauseofYou=Dalkey Beach=The Edge=Don/Jill Smith.

That's more in line with what Salomey said.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:51 PM   #527
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

LT, AllBecauseofYou=Dalkey Beach=The Edge=Don/Jill Smith.

That's more in line with what Salomey said.
Yep, that, too.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:56 PM   #528
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
AllBecauseofYou=Dalkey Beach=The Edge=Don/Jill Smith.
How bout:

AllBecauseofYou=Dalkey Beach=The Edge=fate268 ( @ atu2 forum)=Don/Jill Smith

This person definately had too much time on their hands.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #529
Refugee

Apparently so did Joel, at the time. Not even one post here today.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:49 PM   #530
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Well, I've only been a member here at Interference - a non-premium one - for a few months, and I have to say it's a great forum you have here.

But this whole thing is upsetting. There is something VERY fishy going on here. All the signs point to this being a hoax, that some kid in Chicago impersonated the Edge. Well, if it were as simple as that, it's hard to imagine that the staff and Elvis in particular would be being as secretive and evasive about everything as they are.

But here's the thing, everyone here wants to know the truth, everyone here deserves to know the truth. And unless the staff of this forum/site are facing some kind of legal action for this, there is simply no valid excuse for not just coming clean right now. I'm talking right to the staff right now. Even if you don't know everything yet, just tell us what you DO know. Elvis, you were so very ademant, claiming you had proof that it really was the Edge? What is it? How were you so sure? Just say it. You want us to believe you and the staff had nothing to do with it, but the refusal to be straight with anyone about anything gives off a very different vibe. Directly to the staff, if any of you were in the know about it not being Edge, just come clean about it. Just say it. If any of you are at fault for this, just tell us 'we fucked up'. And if you're not at fault for this, tell us who is, to the best of your knowledge. Be straight, stop with this BS. I don't think anyone here is buying it.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #531
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:26 PM
to be honest with you, i know as much as elvis has already posted. believe me, i've got no reason to lie. i trusted elvis on this and to be honest...i still do. if he says he didn't know about this, i believe him.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #532
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Hi Elvis!

This issue is making me curious, and you haven´t been posting in the last days. I am sure you know what you are doing.

Please answer two questions:

1) (quoting Dreadsox): "I would like to know if the owner of this palce we love so dearly was contacted by a lawyer about this, because the vagueness of everything would be explained. This would be a better explination than what we have received so far"

2) What is the role of PM in all that mess? Did you have contact with them, are they informed, since when? What do they think of the fake in regards to marketing? Do they think it will help them sell albums? Or do they think its counter-productive?

Maybe I´ll call them up if I´m not too lazy. Haven´t spoken to them in a long time... but like I said, I´m really curious.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:53 PM   #533
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:26 PM
I'm going to post my thoughts soon if Elvis doesn't cough up.

That would be fun wouldn't it Elvis. So far I'm 100% on everything. Lets see how far I can take this before I have got something wrong.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:56 PM   #534
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
Hi Elvis!

This issue is making me curious, and you haven´t been posting in the last days. I am sure you know what you are doing.

Please answer two questions:

1) (quoting Dreadsox): "I would like to know if the owner of this palce we love so dearly was contacted by a lawyer about this, because the vagueness of everything would be explained. This would be a better explination than what we have received so far"

2) What is the role of PM in all that mess? Did you have contact with them, are they informed, since when? What do they think of the fake in regards to marketing? Do they think it will help them sell albums? Or do they think its counter-productive?

Maybe I´ll call them up if I´m not too lazy. Haven´t spoken to them in a long time... but like I said, I´m really curious.

I havent been on as much as I'm trying to catch up w/work, etc since I had been spending so much time here.

1) No.

2) No role.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:01 PM   #535
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:26 AM
2) No role, ok. And did you have contact with Principle Management, are they informed, if yes since when?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:04 PM   #536
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Angela, I would say the next move is definitely yours!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #537

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
2) No role, ok. And did you have contact with Principle Management, are they informed, if yes since when?
No direct contact w/this. We are incontact with RMP.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #538
Jesus Online

Since you are answering questions, tell me. When did you decide to change tack and agree to admit it wasn't Edge or Don?

More importantly, why DID you not ever say you believed me? It makes no sense, as you kinda knew all along. I told you. You knew. Yet you just wanted me shut up. Why? Answer this one please.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:41 PM   #539

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Since you are answering questions, tell me. When did you decide to change tack and agree to admit it wasn't Edge or Don?

More importantly, why DID you not ever say you believed me? It makes no sense, as you kinda knew all along. I told you. You knew. Yet you just wanted me shut up. Why? Answer this one please.
Neither of us KNOW anything, besides an IP address or two. Unless we have been sitting in the room, with the person, or persons, that have been behind this... we do not KNOW the truth. Even to this day, I am still finding out new information (as I recently told you in a PM), and yet.. still do not KNOW much more than a week, two weeks, ago. You have certain details, I have certain details, as do others, and most of them do not match up to make for certain that any of them are actually FACT... besides IP addresses, which dont ultimately tell much at all.

As I've already said, I still dont KNOW who it was posting, and I have just as much reason to NOT believe it was some 16yr old girl (with a name other than Smith) as I do to not believe it was anyone else.

While you say I 'KNEW', that is hardly the case. I just explained that we have KNOWN nothing, and while we did have various details, they all were leading in different directions - and this has become even more true in the past week (again refering to what I told you in the PM).
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #540
Jesus Online

I dont believe it was a 16 year old girl in Chicago and you know my reasons for not believing any of this are based any more on IP. You stated numerous times you had proof it was Don and then Edge. It was neither of them, like I said. It will never be proven to be who you think it is now as we both know it is not that person.

I am telling you it ISN'T the person you think it is Elvis. I am as sure of this as I KNEW it was neither Edge or Don.

Let me know when you want more answers. But tread carefully, you can only bark up the wrong tree for so long.