A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indra said:

BLIND TRUST. Yes, BLIND TRUST is stupid. Grow a brain and use it.

You want to blindly trust anyone, Jim, well you go right ahead, but then don't whine that you were mislead. If you choose to be a fool, you have to expect to be fooled.

Well you said 'never believe anything simply because you are told', so unless all of my living communication is done though written legal contract I must be ruined.

Thank GOD you saved me after these 30 years. Should I grown a brain or are you just playing with me? Aren't I doing well! I don't trust you already!

The negativity people have brewing inside them is incredibly sad. This thread is amounting to nothing more than attacks on each other, slander, and hostility in general. If people can't discuss this further without being civil, this thread is going to end up closed.

This isnt a warning, a threat, an excuse, or a conspiracy... just a fact.

Elvis said:
That said, I spent a good deal of time chatting with Angela this morning, and she recently found evidence that this person posted on u2 sites as far back as 2002 with the same email address. Again, this is something she only recently found - had we found this earlier (much), I'm sure none of this would have escalated to this point.
I spend a good deal of time chatting to Anna every day
that's even why you banned me for a couple of days, remember?

also completely irrelevant but yes

anyway what on earth are you trying to prove here?
you do know that Anna didn't tell you this because she is trying to help to solve this big mystery, yes?
if only because there was no big mystery
there was never any reason to believe this was The Edge and when she gave you a bunch of reasons why there should at least be sufficient doubt whether this was The Edge over a month ago you just brushed her off as you did with anyone who stated this wasn't The Edge
because - well - you apparently had evidence that this was the real deal (and what this evidence entailed we are still not supposed to know for some reason)

I would even guess that if you had been presented this 'evidence' over a month back you would have pointed out that this only proves this person - of whom you have evidence that he is indeed The Edge - has posted on the internet before
and why wouldn't The Edge have posted on the internet back in 2002? wouldn't you do the same if you were in a band? why would that prove this isn't The Edge? it's even less evidence than an IP address
it doesn't make a stronger case than any of the other info you were given back then, so why would this have made any difference?

or is it because you are starting to realise that your credibility is so far below zero that throwing in someone's name who people actually do trust might help you now?

anyway
I have no idea how on earth this could be seen as more conclusive evidence than anything you were told over a month ago
and I would still like to know whatever the supposed evidence was that you had that would show even us how you could have been mislead

Elvis said:
The negativity people have brewing inside them is incredibly sad. This thread is amounting to nothing more than attacks on each other, slander, and hostility in general. If people can't discuss this further without being civil, this thread is going to end up closed.

This isnt a warning, a threat, an excuse, or a conspiracy... just a fact.
Joel, the 'negativity' is mostly caused because questions aren't being answered

that is a self fulfilling prophecy if I ever did see one

none, I just want to know why you thought it was The Edge

and if you would just tell us something that would make us understand why you did believe it was The Edge
well, then it would be like Christmas wouldn't it

Salome said:
none, I just want to know why you thought it was The Edge

and if you would just tell us something that would make us understand why you did believe it was The Edge
well, then it would be like Christmas wouldn't it

For one, this person knew something about one our staff members that without some sort of 'inside' knowledge... it would be near impossible to have known - it is not information that's on the net. I believe I already mentioned this before. Also, as I said, I was not the one in direct contact at the start of this.. I put quite a bit of trust and faith in our team. I dont micromanage every aspect of this site Salome, and you know that well. How many times did you and I interact when it came to moderating/forum issues? rarely. Our team all volunteers their time, myself included, and we're all fans. It's not impossible for any of us to be fooled. As far as Anna... it wasnt what information she did or didnt have, its how she went about it - and her and I discussed that this morning as well as other things. As fas as you, the only time I ever had a problem with your moderating abilities was when I discovered that the mail server showed you hadnt even checked your moderator email account for over 2 weeks prior (and neglected to tell any other mods/admins), and you ignored my PM. Out of the month that the majority of this transpired, I was away from home for 2 weeks and really wasnt able to deal with the situation properly, or as it should have been. I've said most of this before.

For one, this person knew something about one our staff members that without some sort of 'inside' knowledge... it would be near impossible to have known - it is not information that's on the net.

:huh: That clears everything up.

Elvis said:
I dont micromanage every aspect of this site Salome.
The Edge, Elvis
we're talking about The Edge
if that would fall under micromanagement then you have completely lost me yes

Elvis said:
Ithe only time I ever had a problem with your moderating abilities was when I discovered that the mail server showed you hadnt even checked your moderator email account for over 2 weeks prior (and neglected to tell any other mods/admins), and you ignored my PM.
your PM (well actually your total behaviour at that time) was regarded as completely offensive + it didn't seem to be directed solely at me (I've told you this already actually)
so unless you wanted me yelling at you that you were acting like a complete umm <cencosered> then that PM served no purpose

that mail server thingie is new to me since you didn't contact me about this
perhaps you can see on the mail server that the last couple of years I hardly ever checked that thing because everything important was already mentioned in the mod forum (you know since I also have a social life now & again) or I had already seen it myself

Elvis said:
For one, this person knew something about one our staff members that without some sort of 'inside' knowledge...
now, finally something that does interest me
and you did already mention this yes
but how 'inside' knowledge equals to being The Edge is still not clear to me though
it would make me more curious to find out who exactly this person is than assuming it is The Edge
especially when you consider that the first way to prove who you are hardly ever is providing private info on someone else

Last edited:
So Salome, I'm just wondering... did you miss this part...

We were hoaxed, we look like fools for it, it won't happen again, tempers flared along the way, slanderous and false things have been said about myself as well as others, there was no conspiracy on our part, no ploy to mislead people, and it's time to move on with more positive things. Personally, I dont have the energy to deal with this BS anymore. It's run me dry, I'm done with it. Of course, most of this we said in our opening message.

Cuz like I've said before, and I think this says the same thing... we fucked up.

Angela Harlem said:

Forgive me for getting so personal here, but you call yourself a Christian??

This personal attack was completely out of line.

It's not all that surprising, but talk about credibility damage. Harping about personal attacks, then dishing out a pretty serious one is no way to win friends and influence people.

:tsk:

no I didn't miss that bit

I never said I was interested in apologies
actually I was very busy in that thread in the "Don't expect suggest" forum preventing an apology thread to ever happen
I asked you (as did several other people) back then what evidence you could probably have that this was indeed The Edge
just so that we wouldn't end up getting to hear
"oh sorry, this isn't the edge, darn, we've been fooled, tisk on us"
(or I posted at least something to that effect at least)
and I stated back then that I wouldn't just concur to such an explanation because that would mean that all the damage would already be done and that no effort was taken to prevent it

instead of acting on this then you continued stating on the forum that this was indeed The Edge

that is a fuck up yes
also one that could have been prevented
you chose not to though

Salome said:
that is a fuck up yes
also one that could have been prevented
you chose not to though

Well thanks Salome, I'm glad you're able to restate what I already have. Really, thanks for that! ;) Guess you just enjoy reminding me of what I've said over and over, and continually say that I've done so over and over. :D

actually, as far as I know you have stated that this couldn't be prevented as you were also being mislead (/hoaxed) and you had sufficient reasons not to listen to those who warned you

personally I take no joy in anything that concerns this site anymore
that might be extremely bitter
but hey, it's only a forum right

bonosgirl84 said:

i thought to myself, oh for fuck's sake, why doesn't someone just call information and talk to this family? that would clear things up nice and quick. so i did.

!!!!

:bow:

Ok folks, this isnt going anywhere anymore. All that's going to be said, has been said.. over and over. The horse is mush. If you have a valid point or reason that this thread should be reopened after evertyhing that has already been said, OR of you just wish to continue beating the dead horse and reminding us of what we've already said... that we fucked up.. feel free to email me.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom