A Message to Our Readers - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #496
The Fly

Local Time: 12:52 PM
This thread is embarrassing to read.

If the worst thing that happens to you lot is that a site you call "the Blue Crack" didn't do their homework and, as a result, an impostor Edge fooled you losers into thinking you were now 5 degrees of separation away from celebrity, you live a charmed life indeed.

Sorry for the run-on sentence. Appropriate, I guess, for a run-on thread.

Try to accept the net positive here and move on with your life. God help the person who looks at you the wrong way, or the cashier who gives you back the wrong change.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:10 PM   #497
you are what you is

Local Time: 01:52 PM
I don't mind the run-on sentence as much as that you managed to miss the point of just about everything posted in this thread

hardly any of the people who post in this thread were fooled into believing we were finally close to the edge (haa, a boom-tish for me really, do I get points for that)
quite the opposite actually
it seemed fairly sure from the beginning that this wasn't The Edge
and still this site affirmed that it was and ignored the people who pointed out that this probably was a fake

getting answers to what on earth could have given this site the idea that it really was The Edge and why it kept affirming it was The Edge while there were sufficient reasons to not believe this are the most obvious questions that should be answered at some point

is this the most important thing happening in my life?
hell no
does that mean that makes this ok?
hell no

I am well aware there is more important stuff going on
that doesn't mean that this therefore is pointless
much like posting on a internet forum in itself isn't the most important thing anyone of us could be doing right now it still has its merrits on a personal level

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-18-2004, 02:20 PM   #498
The Fly

No, I got the point. It's just that, if you were to take people by the tone of their email, you'd guess that the operators of Interference did something so heinous that the law should get involved.

All I am saying is that, these things happen. People, including site operators, like attention. Ultimately, what transpired is silly. But that's all it is.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #499
Refugee

This is a law question teebee.
Be sure it is. Both penal and civil.
Don't kid yourself.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:36 PM   #500
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:52 AM
I don't know what it is about this thread that is bringing out such hostility in people who are only coming here to say how stupid it is, what "losers" we are, and how full we are of BS.
Every couple of days I have come back to this thread to ask, politely, the same couple of questions which should have been answered ages ago (and which I was told in a PM would be answered), and I find pages of entries from people (the same people) telling us we are wasting are time, we are being divisive, etc. I'm not sure who is being more fractious and divisive here, but I will keep coming back and asking my two questions, even if that makes me a "loser". There are principles involved here. (And no, I never for a moment was "fooled" into thinking it was Edge, that's not what's driving this for me. It's a question of ethics and accountability.)
Old 10-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #501
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Secondly, I'm not saying they've been trying to answer and unable to because of the din but if you keep knocking on a door and nobody's answering do you stay on the porch?
We will if we know that the person we want to speak is at home and has some answers we want to have.

Quote:
What if your questions are never answered? Are you going to keep this thread going? This is beyond silly at this point.
I find it very interesting that up to now the only explanation/description of the situation came from an administrator. An administrator who was first banned some weeks ago, could only return after the community made a lot of fuss about it but hasn't been an administrator since. In short, her data is at least some weeks old, but that's all we have.
In a way I have no problem accepting her explanation. If Elvis doesn't refute it, then it must be true. So Elvis knew many, many weeks ago that this was all a fraud, but the only thing he did was ban the people questioning the situation. Why? Was he behind it all? Remember that it would not have been the first time for him. He didn't ban the people who help him keeping this site in control because of some personal reason ('mod-abuse'), but simply because they didn't want to go with the game. Or rather, he banned the administrator and as an additional bonus to him he banned the only other non-US moderator (yes people, during European daytime this site is one big anarchy! ).

If Elvis agrees with this viewpoint, that he's conning the 300-400 premium members and the thousands who aren't (BTW, do the calculations, 400 x $12 and you know what the premiums pay per year), that he wants the content/news on his site to be unreliable and that he doesn't mind to remove those who don't blindly follow everything that's been said, OK. Let him say it. So we can learn from it, so he can learn what the possible consequences are and so we can move on. At least there will be some clarity then.

C ya!

Marty
Old 10-18-2004, 02:53 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:52 AM
I sure how it was worth it
Old 10-18-2004, 02:55 PM   #503
Refugee

Local Time: 05:52 AM
Internet access - $29.95 per month
Interference - $1.00 per month
Being duped by a 13 year old & threads like this – Priceless
Old 10-18-2004, 03:04 PM   #504
Refugee

Local Time: 08:52 AM
it just amazes me how quickly people can start jumping on someone's back with one misstep-- we can do better, please people, get off your knees... teralin was late by about 30 minutes posting the bootlegs of the bbc show and everyone already started jumping on his back, i hate to see stuff like this
Old 10-18-2004, 03:11 PM   #505
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy

Where are you now wankers?

Off wanking!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #506
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge

We talk about marriage constantly. I am trying to pretend that we don't though so that I will be "surprised" when he actually proposes. I told him I have to be completely surprised when it happens!
Cool. Surprising an intelligent woman should be a fun challenge for an intelligent man.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #507
War Child

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000
it just amazes me how quickly people can start jumping on someone's back with one misstep
If you've read this thread you'll realise it's more than one misstep, and it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened. Plus the way it was carried out - and for the amount of time - I think we're more than justified in coming down on the people in charge. There's no crime in wanting answers.

People don't like being played for fools, treated with like they're of sub-intelligence which, face it, we have been in the way nearly every single question has been blown off and ignored [except, of course, if it's a question about that REM gig Joel went to].
Old 10-18-2004, 03:26 PM   #508
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by teebee
This thread is embarrassing to read.
No way Jose!!

This is drama at its best. This has kept me going for days. Waaayyy better than CSI Miami dubbed in Spanish.

off wanking!! I think I laughed harder at that than I should have.

edited: for bad sentence structure.
Old 10-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #509
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Can I jump in here and be a mod for a second...

PLEASE stop the infighting. Everyone is free to believe as they like about this situation, but if you really think it's stupid or pointless or whatever, then it's incredibly simple to just not post anymore--in fact, far more simple than it is to go to the trouble of posting. You've made your respective points, and if you really want to demonstrate how stupid and pointless this thread is, go post elsewhere and willfully ignore this thread. You will then help it to fade into oblivion.

thank you for saying this. I think there's a few people who can leave this thread for good now. I do not understand why they keep posting and asking us to stop posting about this topic....espcecially newbies who haven't been lied to like this in the past and who haven't paid any money to be lied to. I'm still going to wait for an answer from Joel. I'll either never get it or never believe when it does come. But I'm happy waiting and if that's a problem for some then you coming back here to tell me I'm wasting my time waiting is just as much a waste of your time to keep telling me that.....
Old 10-18-2004, 03:56 PM   #510
ONE
love, blood, life

Why is the best explination for the entire debacle written by a fired MOD?

Doesn't that seem strange?

I would like to know if the owner of this palce we love so dearly was contacted by a lawyer about this, because the vagueness of everything would be explained. This would be a better explination than what we have received so far.