Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
my future husband

Old 10-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #467
The Fly

Local Time: 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
This FUCKING message board as you so elegantly put it has brought me two of my best friends in the entire world as well as my future husband.
Really? You met your future husband here? That is so cool. Congratulations!

In page 27 I expressed my displeasure with the terrorist post "The Edge" made and some have said that my displeasure was unwarranted. Perhaps I misunderstood the post. Can someone please explain what the Edge or the imposter was trying to say. Because it seemed to me he was comparing a critical review of a song (albeit a sond that is beloved in this forum) to an act of terrorism. Did I misread the post?

Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #468
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:40 AM
What is your setting of posts per page, because for me this thread is at page 16?

*maybe will try to find out why*
Old 10-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff
Marty's right. Thanks for bringing this thread back to the point.

(Maybe there should be a separate thread on this for those people who think there should not be a separate thread on this.)

In the meantime, some of us are still waiting for clear answers to direct questions. It's as simple as that.

Bullshit. You guys aren't waiting at all....this now THIRTY-TWO page thread has people saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record.

Besides if you truly feel you have been "waiting" for this long...maybe you should give your crusade up or let the people who are trying to answer get a word in edgewise (no pun intended).
Old 10-18-2004, 11:33 AM   #470
The Fly

Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

Since you had time to pop in and quash this silly rumor any chance you could answer some of the many, many legitimate questions raised in this thread?
Unfortunately, ThatGuy, I have noticed that Joel only answers questions that do not have anything to do with the U2 article or The Edge postings unless he has evidence in his favor, ie. the Edge pictures.

I do not think he will ever give his side of the story like Angela Harlem has.

If he could just answer how the "exclusive interview with U2" was conducted to where he and his staff thought it wa U2, that would be a good start. He said that it was conducted over the net. By emails, I assume? If so, then who initiated this contact and what were the email addresses and content that led you believe that "u2 had taken time out of their busy schedules to talk to you"? If the interview was faked by someone...posting its contents here couldn't hurt anyone but the perpatrators, no?

Why do I bother? I am just spinning my wheels.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #471
War Child

Local Time: 10:40 AM
In the spirit of reconciliation and moving forward...

Joel, how about getting a real REAL (that would be the opposite of what was on the board over the last month, apparently) interview with U2? They're in the middle of the biggest publicity tour...surely they can give you an hour's worth (unless they're really pissed at you) of time. I recommend a video phone link up. And just make sure it's not a 14-year-old girl wearing a false moustache and beenie.

(Sorry if someone's already recommened this...i read all 32 pages of this thread and didn't come across any).

Also, does this whole thing mean Jick will be de-reinventing himself?

(Jick has been wonderfully graceful, not blasting anyone here in this thread. Or, did i miss something...was he banned?)

This site is still great.

Elvis, did REM play anything off Fables? Reckoning?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Bullshit. You guys aren't waiting at all....this now THIRTY-TWO page thread has people saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record.

Besides if you truly feel you have been "waiting" for this long...maybe you should give your crusade up or let the people who are trying to answer get a word in edgewise (no pun intended).

That is not only extremely rude, but also very wrongheaded.
Who are these people you mention who are "trying to answer" but are not being allowed to get a word in? They've had plenty of opportunity, that's for sure. I have been waiting, and continue to wait, for a direct answer to a couple of direct questions which I asked not only in this thread, but also in the Don't Expect thread that preceded this. So you're saying we should just give up?
If this thread really upsets you, and it certainly seems to (to the point of profanity) then don't visit. I don't mean to give offense to you, but I have every right to my own views, and I don't need someone telling me they're BS.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:52 AM   #473
Refugee

Quote:

Who are these people you mention who are "trying to answer" but are not being allowed to get a word in? They've had plenty of opportunity, that's for sure. I have been waiting, and continue to wait, for a direct answer to a couple of direct questions which I asked not only in this thread, but also in the Don't Expect thread that preceded this. So you're saying we should just give up?
If this thread really upsets you, and it certainly seems to (to the point of profanity) then don't visit. I don't mean to give offense to you, but I have every right to my own views, and I don't need someone telling me they're BS.

biff, thank you, you beat me to it. starsgoblue, do you really think the incredible number of questions in this thread has prevented Elvis from answering any of them?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:57 AM   #474
BAW
The Flower

It takes 2 deliberate steps to read this thread...opening up the Inside Broadcast forum and opening this thread.

If this thread or anyone here is annoying you, don't take those 2 steps. Avoid this thread. Its not hard.

But if you do come here and don't like what we're saying, too bad. This thread was started to discuss some issues a lot of us feel are very important. You don't have to agree but don't tell us when it should end or to stop asking questions. Whether it goes on for 32 pages or 332 pages, you are making a choice to come here and read it.

If something is that annoying and you continue to subject yourself to it, you must be getting something out of it.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:59 AM   #475
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LuminousTimes

Unfortunately, ThatGuy, I have noticed that Joel only answers questions that do not have anything to do with the U2 article or The Edge postings unless he has evidence in his favor, ie. the Edge pictures.

I do not think he will ever give his side of the story like Angela Harlem has.
The devil you say.

And BAW,
Old 10-18-2004, 12:00 PM   #476
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I didn't use profanity TO you....saying bullshit isn't a personal attack.

Secondly, I'm not saying they've been trying to answer and unable to because of the din but if you keep knocking on a door and nobody's answering do you stay on the porch?

Thirdly, I am not losing any sleep over this thread. I am not "upset" to the point of being obscene. But this is really ridiculous....everyone knows how everyone else feels at this point. This is going NOWHERE.

And ThatGuy...I never said that did I? All I said was that you guys have been asking the same basic questions for how long now?

What if your questions are never answered? Are you going to keep this thread going? This is beyond silly at this point.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:02 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
It takes 2 deliberate steps to read this thread...opening up the Inside Broadcast forum and opening this thread.

If this thread or anyone here is annoying you, don't take those 2 steps. Avoid this thread. Its not hard.

But if you do come here and don't like what we're saying, too bad. This thread was started to discuss some issues a lot of us feel are very important. You don't have to agree but don't tell us when it should end or to stop asking questions. Whether it goes on for 32 pages or 332 pages, you are making a choice to come here and read it.

If something is that annoying and you continue to subject yourself to it, you must be getting something out of it.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:04 PM   #478
BAW
The Flower

Quote:

Um, should I take that to mean I was speaking gibberish or something.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:09 PM   #479
Refugee

Quote:
And ThatGuy...I never said that did I? All I said was that you guys have been asking the same basic questions for how long now?
Quote:
indeed.

I think the fact that this thread is still active and people are continuing to ask questions shows how important the questions being asked are. We're still here asking because we really want answers to them. Do you think that if we went away and stopped asking the answers would magically appear?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:12 PM   #480
Blue Crack Addict

Well, for as long as this post has been going on for...has any answer been acceptably answered? Do you think they are going to be acceptably answered. I think the second quote you put up was kinda rhetorical on my part.

BAW...no that wasn't for you.