Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 07:01 AM   #451
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:52 PM
of course this place is unimportant
I'm not losing any sleep over it

but since we all fans of a band that stands for truth and justice
and karma and umm stuff
I'm sure you will all agree that where ever the streets up to truth will take us it is a journey worh our effort and dedication

Amen!!!

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-18-2004, 07:25 AM   #452
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 05:52 PM
You know Indra, I am not one to stick my nose in the middle of arguments but your comments are really starting to grate, not just on me but quite a few people here. Think what you want about this being a message board, but leave the attacks on Salome and others who come to his defence out of this.

I have been posting on this board for three years now and am quite certain that Salome is NOT a power tripper! He has a dry, deadpan sense of humour that sometimes comes across as blunt as Angie says, but he is one of the most even keeled and fair people on here. A harrasser? NEVER! He was treated in an atrocious manner and has every reason to question as much as he wants until he gets satisfactory answers.

This FUCKING message board as you so elegantly put it has brought me two of my best friends in the entire world as well as my future husband. It means a lot to people who have invested not just money but hours and hours of their lives on here. This is much more than just a board or a business transaction for some of us, it's literally a family, and this is the kind of feud and high level of emotions that families have. You are belittling that.

So if the Board means so little to you, and if people's comments are so unacceptable to you personally, why not do us all a favour and leave this thread to the people who really care about this place!!!

Old 10-18-2004, 07:28 AM   #453
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Have any of you posting here ever made a mistake in your life? Perhaps one that definetly was from bad judgement or a poor choice? Did you want to have your nose continuiously rubbed in it and be constantly reminded of it day in and day out? I think we have all been there, and I think we all know that feeling. This is a chance to excercise some mercy and grace....

We can argue all day and night about hurt feelings and betrayed trust--where is that going to get you...do we really need 30 more pages of this? We need to strive towards a sense of forgiveness and reconciliation if we are ever going to have a chance of community. This world has enough ugliness and bitter hearts, let's please let Interference be a safe haven for a little bit of happiness...please I'm really asking each and everyone of you personally to take a step back here for a moment.

I am not a perfect person, not by a long shot but then again, neither are any of you...I wouldn't have been the person I am today though unless I was afforded the chance to be able to make mistakes because it was only through mistakes that I was able to learn how to make things right. I couldn't have done it though unless I knew it was ok to fail, that I would still be allowed to get up and not have my errors held over me forever...

Can we please find some way that we can move on from this together as a community in the spirit of love rather than as a group of individuals throwing rocks at each other from behind boundary lines?

I am PLEADING with you guys....
Old 10-18-2004, 07:43 AM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

Well, those are all nice thoughts starsgoblue and I applaud you for them, but maybe some people don't feel it's so safe or happy anymore, and they can't just do that so easily. I didn't see anyone here say they are perfect. I am far from it. Humility is very, very important to me.

Honestly I never really did have that high ideal about this place, so it's not some big heartbreak or something for me..but yep, the band we are all here for does stand for truth and decency for me, and other high ideals. Those things are far more important to me than a msg board, like other people have said here already.

gee I hope no one will attack me for saying this
Old 10-18-2004, 07:59 AM   #455
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Kate has brought an incredible professional experience and personality to our team.
I strongly disagree. She writes poorly, her capitalization, spelling and grammar are most often that of a 9 year old. Her personality has ranged from arrogant, obnoxious gloating to self righteous preaching. Besides that, she either completely faked Edge and tried to fool us (which I believe) or was completely fooled by a teenage girl from Chicago (which I don't believe but if it were true she wasn't being very 'professional.' ) There is no way in the universe Katey isn't at least 50% or more to blame for this entire thing. All along she was in charge and her posts constantly reminded us of that. She's not innocent at all. I will commend her for apologizing to us though, and for not hiding during the turmoil as most did (though she did act up quite childishly under an alter) And don't bother to try to say you checked the IP and it wasn't her, I won't believe it. (like I don't believe in fake Edge)
Old 10-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by EPandAmerica

This is the hard part to swallow. I mean come on, if people smelled a rat weeks ago, and let it be known. Then how could the staff been taken for a ride? I think they were driving the damn car.
I agree If the members could tell, why couldn't the 'staff' who have access to things we don't give me a freaking break, sorry. I do believe this was a premediated setup and fake job from the start. I do not believe there was any malicious intent, or that anyone intended for people to be hurt. But that did happen, and it's not cool. It's not nice to trick people and have them spill out their emotions to something that wasn't real. Those responsible had to consider from the start that it might not fly and not be surprised by the backlash. We U2 fans have a lot of feeling for this band and it wasn't nice to mess with our hearts and minds. And that's the last I'm going to say on this.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:22 AM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Well, those are all nice thoughts starsgoblue and I applaud you for them, but maybe some people don't feel it's so safe or happy anymore, and they can't just do that so easily. I didn't see anyone here say they are perfect. I am far from it. Humility is very, very important to me.

Honestly I never really did have that high ideal about this place, so it's not some big heartbreak or something for me..but yep, the band we are all here for does stand for truth and decency for me, and other high ideals. Those things are far more important to me than a msg board, like other people have said here already.

gee I hope no one will attack me for saying this
I'm not the wimpy naive person you'd have me sound. And I never said anyone here was claiming perfection, either.

My "ideal" really isn't that high....but if we can't get along here how are we going to get along "out there". Yes, it's a message board but there is still humanity in message boards...I don't think that ends once one logs in.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:34 AM   #458
The Fly

Local Time: 02:52 PM
I know I'm a new member, but some of the replys on this thread seems alot like the childish Yahoo message boards. I'm with the person who said that humanity doesn't end when one posts on a message board.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:40 AM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think there can actually be a chance that this really WAS Edge.

For god's sakes, take a look and use your brains people!

It's NOT the Edge!!

Stop being naive.
So are you saying that its still possible that its not the Edge?
He must be, he even told me his real name was Dale Evans (and Bono's is Roy Rogers).
Old 10-18-2004, 08:59 AM   #460
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
My "ideal" really isn't that high....but if we can't get along here how are we going to get along "out there". Yes, it's a message board but there is still humanity in message boards...I don't think that ends once one logs in.
In my eyes, there isn't much difference between here and 'out there'. Interference is a community, just like there are plenty of communities in the 'real world' (and no, the MTV serie doesn't count! ). People make friendships, argue, help each other, worry about each other, just like in the real world. But people also fight, gossip, deceive and abuse power like in real world communities. And like 'out there' the consequences should be felt, should one wish to get rid of/improve this behaviour. That is what is happening in this thread. It isn't fun, it is ugly, but it is necessary. If it wouldn't happen, then this whole community would go out of control.

Is there humanity in this message board? Yes, there is. But for the message board to survive, the humanity cannot be one-sided. Because of the wish to keep some humanity in Interference are people now asking questions and demanding explanations. It is a call to let some known that they want to be treated as humans, not just some avatars who just chatter away. And as long as no answers are given, the search for humanity continues on this forum...

Marty

Edited for a few spelling mistakes
Old 10-18-2004, 09:06 AM   #461
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Marty's right. Thanks for bringing this thread back to the point.

(Maybe there should be a separate thread on this for those people who think there should not be a separate thread on this.)

In the meantime, some of us are still waiting for clear answers to direct questions. It's as simple as that.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:23 AM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

That was an excellent post Marty, I agree w/ it 100%

Some here talk about "learning from mistakes and moving on", the key word being learning, I'd say
Old 10-18-2004, 09:40 AM   #463
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 01:52 PM
I just got a PM which someone mentioned some RUMOR about Katey being my GIRLFRIEND.

This RUMOR is not true. Good lord, seriously, some people have WAY toooo much time on their hands if now they're making up conspiracy theories and rumors about my personal life. Katey does live in the same province as my GF. I live in 40 minutes away from Devlin, it doesn't mean she's my GF either. And you know what, two weeks ago I had LUNCH with Devlin, WHOA, but IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND either. For those of you that are SO interested, my GF's name is Anne, she's not in PR, and she lives about 2-3 hours away from Katey.

As far as everyone else here... I've briefly skimmed over the last couple of pages, as I'm at work today, and the personal attacks going on are NOT OK. Indra does NOT 'work' for me, let's stop another rumor or conspiracy theory someone is starting.

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #464
War Child

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
I just got a PM which someone mentioned some RUMOR about Katey being my GIRLFRIEND.

well lucky Paul isn't around these parts..but on the plus side you do get shot at less Joel ha !
Old 10-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #465
Refugee

Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

This RUMOR is not true. Good lord, seriously, some people have WAY toooo much time on their hands if now they're making up conspiracy theories and rumors about my personal life. Katey does live in the same province as my GF. I live in 40 minutes away from Devlin, it doesn't mean she's my GF either. And you know what, two weeks ago I had LUNCH with Devlin, WHOA, but IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND either. For those of you that are SO interested, my GF's name is Anne, she's not in PR, and she lives about 2-3 hours away from Katey.

As far as everyone else here... I've briefly skimmed over the last couple of pages, as I'm at work today, and the personal attacks going on are NOT OK. Indra does NOT 'work' for me, let's stop another rumor or conspiracy theory someone is starting.

Joel
Since you had time to pop in and quash this silly rumor any chance you could answer some of the many, many legitimate questions raised in this thread?