A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fly2jjw said:
I think the day(s) of reckoning will come when Interference members start seeking out the mods here on next year's tour for the answers they aren't getting. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some very angry confrontations. If there is one thing that ALL people hate, it's being lied to.
well, thanks! glad to see i'll be assaulted if i decide to go see one of my favourite bands in concert, especially since us mods know as much as you guys do!

i'm not asking for anyone to let this go or just forget it happened, but how the hell is any of this the mods' faults? everyone's said countless times - including elvis and the staff - that this wasn't the mods' faults. (the staff meaning katey, etc; the mods meaning me, sicy, pax, bc, etc.) you all have a right to be angry, you were lied to. but can we please not go yelling and blaming the people who had NOTHING to do with this?

Khanada, the person who said that doesn't know that the mods are different from the staff. People who frequent this place know that the mods have been placed in a hatefully difficult position, and people who frequent this place also give the mods full support. I know I do.

And hey, Elvis! I would still like an answer to my two questions, which I have been asking patiently and politely for many weeks.
I guess I'm just a total chump, eh? Thanks for being so civilized.

Last edited:
Seriously! The mods here have been, I think, completely supportive of the broader membership--and we have really no more to work off than the rest of the members. Besides, do you REALLY think some random angry Interlander is going to be able to pick out a smidge like me in a giant throbbing crowd of thousands? Come on now.

is Joel still at that REM show?

perhaps I could post the lyrics to Final Straw here one day
since he can't be bothered with answering questions there is no real threat of sidetracking this thread anyway

nbcrusader said:
I would suggest letting go and moving on. I haven't seen you posting in FYM. Surely partisian bickering in FYM is more entertaining than calling out Elvis every day.

Same s:censored:t, different forum. Arguing about lies, half-truths, faulty intelligence, forged documents, etc. Only difference is that I haven't gotten burned out on Inside Broadcast yet. :wink:

Salome said:
is Joel still at that REM show?

From his comments several days ago about having to go to work, I think he's just the victim of an incredible amount of overtime. :shrug:

ThatGuy said:

From his comments several days ago about having to go to work, I think he's just the victim of an incredible amount of overtime. :shrug:

Don't forget he managed to watch a bit of television in there. West Wing, I think it was...

Thanks, biff.

And I'm sorry to everyone else that there seems to be not much motion on this issue. Elvis has not been around a whole lot as of late, I don't think, so there may well be other stuff going on.

You may want to give e-mail a shot: elvis@interference.com

I have been away for a while. Just as well some people sent me a link to this thread. The preferred forum for this discussion appears to have changed while I was away. hmmm this is a long thread. Lost interest part of the way through.

On a personal level, Im wanting Elvis to say sorry for dismissing my concerns and apologise for his rudeness to me in regards to this issue. Personal slights do hurt.

On a global level, Im wanting clarification as to what actually happened. I dont give it a stuff if it was Don Smith, his daughter, somebody Walsh, or the postman.

What I want to know is why this person was presumed to be The Edge of U2.

Thank you.

beli said:

On a personal level, Im wanting Elvis to say sorry for dismissing my concerns and apologise for his rudeness to me in regards to this issue. Personal slights do hurt.

Thank you.

This is so true. A considerable number of people had a bad treatment here, not only by this elvis but also by some of his followers (some i already saw in this endless thread demanding now excuses), just for not being blind believers in everything that was signed by that edger and/or the staff.

I hope I'm not out of line for saying this beli, but I'm sorry you've been hurt. I think you "stuck your neck out" so to speak, and I guess that's what happens sometimes to people who do that. Of course I don't know all the details and it's none of my business, but from what I can surmise about you from this forum, I think you're a stand up honest gal :)

nbcrusader said:
I would suggest letting go and moving on. I haven't seen you posting in FYM. Surely partisian bickering in FYM is more entertaining than calling out Elvis every day.

What concern of it is yours if this thread never dies? What if we continue to ask the same question for months? How could that possibly affect you? I understand that you have decided to move on, but suggesting others do the same is very patronizing.

I feel like many others that if there is an explanation, we should be privy to it. If there is not explanation, then I have to assume it was fraud.

I was speaking to ThatGuy, but since you have joined, let me reply.

I can't imagine that staying bunched up over an internet issue is very healthy. This is not your web site. I can't imagine why you think you deserve to be "privy" to anything Elvis does.

This "Edge" issue is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If you want to continue and grate you teeth over it fine - my simple suggestion was to move on to healthier things.

nbcrusader said:

I can't imagine that staying bunched up over an internet issue is very healthy. This is not your web site. I can't imagine why you think you deserve to be "privy" to anything Elvis does.

This "Edge" issue is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If you want to continue and grate you teeth over it fine - my simple suggestion was to move on to healthier things.

I am not "bunched up" at all. Just curious. I have never been angry or upset. I just think that it is very possible that Elvis has committed a fraud here, as he has in the past. I would just like explanation to prove the contrary. Until this explanation comes, I will be forever curious.

I certainly don't think I should be privy to anything that Elvis does, but I do think that when any site presents two U2 interviews as real and asserts a poster as the Edge, the site owes the members an explanation. More than "no one in the staff did it on purpose, and we do not know how we were duped".

Absolutely, the Edge issue and the "exclustive" interviews with U2 and the Edge being presented as legit and then recanted as fake is insignificant. I never said my life depended on having answers, just that I am curious.

Lastly, again I ask, why do you care that I care? Really. I get that you aren't curious, but why would my curiousity bother you? I don't get it. Why do you even come to this thread?

Just out of concern for those who are hammering this issue well beyond recognition. I tried to address ThatGuy because his post count in this thread was so high.

Does it bother you that I have posted?

nbcrusader said:
Just out of concern for those who are hammering this issue well beyond recognition. I tried to address ThatGuy because his post count in this thread was so high.

Does it bother you that I have posted?

LOL...Nope doesn't bother me at all. In fact, the more posts/views on this thread the better. It will serve as a continued reminder to Elvis that he screwed up.

ThatGuy has had some of the most logical posts on this thread. I hope he continues to post. I don't think there is a post count that could be "too high".

I am glad that you have such an altruistic nature, but really I think we will be okay.

nbcrusader said:
Just out of concern for those who are hammering this issue well beyond recognition.
I don't mean this as an attack, but how would you or anyone know whether anything has gone beyond recognition really?
unless Elvis has indeed contacted you about what has happened you don't know anything either

since Elvis doesn't give any answers to any questions that don't involve his social life (strange that he doesn't mind sharing that since his concerns re. privacy and all) pretty much anything anyone can up with on this issue is possible really

your imagination can run as far with this as you want to
the only limit would be presented by the trust you have in someone who doesn't answer any questions that involve misleading a couple thousand U2 fans into believing that one of their heroes is within their reach (as they say)

nbcrusader said:

Thanks for the concern, nbc.

And LuminousTimes, thanks for the kind words. :)

ThatGuy said:

And LuminousTimes, thanks for the kind words. :)

you have had many valid points and have many valid concerns.

I am with you on them. I've been here since before the forum went to what it is now. I remember the way it was before. I've made a few friends here and there and I've left for a bit and then come back. Even though the integrity, honesty, and principle of this whole situation has been shot through the roof, I still come here because of the people I have met.

The silence in here is deafening. :mad:

Moonie

nbcrusader said:

Lies, stealing, deception and passing the buck is somethiing we should learn to shrug off?

Forgive me for getting so personal here, but you call yourself a Christian??

Right now, I am completely sick at the mention of the term 'move on.' It pisses me off, both in this thread, and in much more serious and tragic circumstances in life(which I have just been going through) NO ONE can tell anyone else when to 'move on' and the suggestion that you should be doing so or something is wrong with you is unfair. Everyone feels things and deals with things differently, and that should be respected. If one person wants to 'move on' well go on, but if others don't feel that way, leave them alone.

Elvis I pm'd you something which you should find rather useful.

Looks like it was an entirely independant 3rd party behind all this. An account from long ago which never caused trouble until recently. Perhaps the story of an offspring of someone using this is true. Perhaps Elvis had no idea and was as fooled as some others. Who knows. I dont, and dont care either. I'm going to go away now and deal with my resentment at how you've treated some of us Elvis. Some of us who have been here for over 4 years, some of us who have given so many thousands of hours to helping you build this into what it is today. Ruefully, as this place is filled with many other secrets that I cannot be bothered raising up now.

Overall, your haste in making this something it never was, has been your undoing. Whether you believed in it or not is not the point. You ignored fair warning that you were making a mistake. You trampled on those who's helped you for so long. Now you act hard done by, and you were. You rushed to embrace this bullshit and told anyone who stood in your way to politely "fuck off".

Whatever. I pm'd you the answers you need. Stop barking up- the wrong tree with your conspiracy. It wont wash either. The truth is far more simple. Let everyone know. Learn from this and stop treating people like shit out of sheer pig-headedness.

Angela Harlem said:
Perhaps the story of an offspring of someone using this is true

perhaps it is.

during all of the speculation and theories surrounding the smith family, and the mysterious posts on the other site, i thought to myself, oh for fuck's sake, why doesn't someone just call information and talk to this family? that would clear things up nice and quick. so i did. i spoke with ms smith for quite a few minutes, actually. and while she didn't offer me much info, she never once asked me what the hell i was talking about. she only asked the simple question, "why would you be interested in this?" now, make of that what you will, but i certainly had the impression that this hoax wasn't exactly news to her.

when i contacted elvis about it, i had the distinct feeling that i was being dismissed. and that was the exact moment that i stopped caring about all of this. it was also the exact moment that i realized that this place will never, ever be the same again. i don't think for one minute that this site will die, not by a long shot. hell, there seem to be more members on during the day now than ever. but they are new, and it will take them a long time to learn. it's kind of like being forced into selling the beautiful home in which you watched your family grow to a bunch of young fraternity fucks who plop a battered sofa onto your rose garden before you have even have a chance to pull the truck away.

and that just sucks.

bonosgirl84 said:

perhaps it is.

during all of the speculation and theories surrounding the smith family, and the mysterious posts on the other site, i thought to myself, oh for fuck's sake, why doesn't someone just call information and talk to this family? that would clear things up nice and quick. so i did. i spoke with ms smith for quite a few minutes, actually. and while she didn't offer me much info, she never once asked me what the hell i was talking about. she only asked the simple question, "why would you be interested in this?" now, make of that what you will, but i certainly had the impression that this hoax wasn't exactly news to her.

The PM you sent me, you told me about the number, you did NOT say you had called them.

as PMs are private, and posting them is against the rules... I'll only post part of my reply to you which I sent you:

Don and Jill Smith arent the only names that have been used.. and arent the only real names from Peoria that have been used.

Calling and bothering people that may be completely unrelated, just isnt something I care to do.

you actually thought that i would suggest that you call them without knowing exactly what would happen if you did?

wow.

once again, you underestimate interferencers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom