Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 04:11 PM   #331
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61

isn't this a little off subject? diversion at its best!

I hope that's sarcasm. I'm excited to see REM again.. sheesh.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:33 PM
God, I'm so bored with all this! And most of you certainly are too confused (I'm not in the mood to use other proper adjectives). Is this all that's going to be discussed in this forum? For how long?
Where are the ones who really enjoy U2's music?

Old 10-16-2004, 05:04 PM   #333
War Child

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Katey

In with the band nope sorry,having contact with who I thought was this Edge yes indeed I did many times as did Joel and other staff.
As I quoted earlier in this thread, and as you posted in the thread in EYKIW - you staked your reputation that it was the Edge.

I now humbly suggest you STFU.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:17 PM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Yes, and she has never once explained what evidence she had to suggest it was the Edge, despite REPEATED questions form me and others. Katey, you told me yesterday you would answer that question. Well???
Old 10-16-2004, 05:19 PM   #335
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Tip Top Prince
you staked your reputation that it was the Edge.

This was my point too.

And now many reputations are permanently damaged.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:25 PM   #336
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Kate has brought an incredible professional experience and personality to our team.

Each person volunteers their time (and a lot of it) and that should be respected.
I didn't attack her at all. I stated that her position as a staff member ought to be reconsidered in light of her huge mistake. I understand completely that all of you are voluntarily contributing time to the site, but a shoddy voluntary contribution is a still a shoddy contribution. I appreciate that you are taking the lion's share of the blame for this, Joel, as you should, but a "professional" should have been able to thoroughly verify everything before publishing anything. That's what a true professional does.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #337
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

I didn't attack her at all. I stated that her position as a staff member ought to be reconsidered in light of her huge mistake. I understand completely that all of you are voluntarily contributing time to the site, but a shoddy voluntary contribution is a still a shoddy contribution. I appreciate that you are taking the lion's share of the blame for this, Joel, as you should, but a "professional" should have been able to thoroughly verify everything before publishing anything. That's what a true professional does.

I'm not disagreeing, and I wasnt really meaning that you personally attacked kate... however several other people have. We're all fans, and we're all human... and we all error. If I 'fired' myself from staff everytime I fucked up here, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. Personally, I want Kate to stay on the team. In the end, I should have taken the time to push for more verification before the stuff got posted, regardless of how busy I was, or how crazy life has been lately. I'm for sure going to be more involved in that part of the process in the future.

2.5 hrs till REM plays.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:36 PM   #338
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
I admit I started to have my doubts after 'Edge' started saying Electric Co, Ultraviolet and Zoo Station and other really old rarities were going to be on this tour at the expense of classics like Streets and Bullet.
Sorry Dave but I don't think the person ever said they were rehearsing those songs at the expense of songs like Streets and Bullet.

I think if that person wasn’t actually The Edge than it was someone who had inside information because in the BBC show Dallas played parts of Zoo Station and The Electric Co during the soundcheck which is an indication that they might be rehearsing those songs. If this person was actually the daughter of this Smith guy than, since he works with U2, he might have said something to her and she used it here. Does anyone know if this Smith fella is still working with U2 or is there with them as they prepare for the tour?

Questions for you Elvis (or whoever that can answer it): SUPPOSE that this person was actually The Edge all the time, how could the IP be rooted in Chicago be explained? Could it have been a mistake or could Edge have used his super geek powers to fuck with his computer (which I don't think he would cause it would be too much trouble just to hide himself from us, which doesn’t' make much sense)?

Any way there are the questions.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #339
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
I'm not disagreeing, and I wasnt really meaning that you personally attacked kate... however several other people have. We're all fans, and we're all human... and we all error. If I 'fired' myself from staff everytime I fucked up here, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. Personally, I want Kate to stay on the team. In the end, I should have taken the time to push for more verification before the stuff got posted, regardless of how busy I was, or how crazy life has been lately. I'm for sure going to be more involved in that part of the process in the future.
2.5 hrs till REM plays.
I have tried to stay out of this today, but with regards to Katey, I'm a little surprised that even a week ago when I PM'd her with my doubts I still received a response about staking her reputation on the validity of this Edge poster.

At a time when apparently behind the scenes everything was already unraveling.

To me that is extremely irresponsible. I asked for confirmation that she had read my PM and that was all she had to do. Instead I got a message back that to be honest, I found rather disturbing in tone and content.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:11 PM   #340
War Child

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Hi guys, I know after this I really will as someone requested STFU. But I want to say this I really take full responsibiity for my actions and I can't apologise enough for my part in all of this. I can't go back and undo, and my apology might not mean all that much to some but it is a very deep apology. There my last post here, everybody take care!!
Ohh and to Joel, you are a stand up guy I know it and thanks for that!!
Old 10-16-2004, 06:27 PM   #341
The Fly

I have officially declared ThatGuy my favorite person of the day for his use of reason and rationality. For instance, his post in the closed thread:

"Whether the staff of Interference were the deceivers, or were themselves deceived, it shows a gross level of incompetence.

And given the repeated assertations that Interference has close ties to PM and the band it should have been very, very easy from the get-go to verify whether or not it was really The Edge posting."

Some of us who followed this whole thing in other chat rooms and forums believed this was a troll from the very beginning. I was dumbstruck by how many people actually believed it, but then, this sort of thing happens on the internet sites all the time. Just not on heavily moderated, paid sites...I certainly won't be paying for new membership once my two month extension runs out, because there was nothing professional about what happened here.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:41 PM   #342
Refugee

We interrupt the dead horse beating for this important message:

Folks, SHIT HAPPENS. Many people throughout history have fallen to far worse deceptions than this. The staff here made a mistake, admitted it, apologized for it...let's learn from it and move on.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:45 PM   #343
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
hindsight?

there was no hindsight needed
you were told from the very beginning that this was crap

instead of investigating this
you provoked Anna
kicked both of us out of here
maintained in public that this really, really, really is The Edge
and offered no answers to anything

hindsight?

Old 10-16-2004, 07:47 PM   #344
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Katey
Ohh and to Joel, you are a stand up guy I know it and thanks for that!!
You're the FallGuy Katey. Congrats. I dont know you Katey and dont even have any level of blame toward you at all. Some certainly seem to, yet your dedication to sticking by this is....frankly it makes no sense. I do wonder....

Old 10-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly

Sorry Dave but I don't think the person ever said they were rehearsing those songs at the expense of songs like Streets and Bullet.

I think if that person wasn’t actually The Edge than it was someone who had inside information because in the BBC show Dallas played parts of Zoo Station and The Electric Co during the soundcheck which is an indication that they might be rehearsing those songs. If this person was actually the daughter of this Smith guy than, since he works with U2, he might have said something to her and she used it here. Does anyone know if this Smith fella is still working with U2 or is there with them as they prepare for the tour?

Questions for you Elvis (or whoever that can answer it): SUPPOSE that this person was actually The Edge all the time, how could the IP be rooted in Chicago be explained? Could it have been a mistake or could Edge have used his super geek powers to fuck with his computer (which I don't think he would cause it would be too much trouble just to hide himself from us, which doesn’t' make much sense)?

Any way there are the questions.
He/she/it posted a setlist with those songs added and Streets/Bullet removed.