A Message to Our Readers - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #286
The Fly

Local Time: 03:38 AM
Thank you so much for finally giving some honest details about the recent events. It is nice to hear some logic in all of Elvis's spinning.

I know you made clear that you could have been banned because of the post deleting and personal issues with Joel but I can see it is quite clear that he didn't like your doubting "edge".

Balls in your court, Elvis, how did you know it was "edge" when you had a mod telling you that Dalkey and "edge" had the same IP address?

Old 10-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #287
Refugee

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
Thank you for that post AH. I think something like what you wrote is all we are asking of Elvis to do too but he appears to be too busy.
Yes, thank you, AH.

We don't even need that much detail from Elvis, but really, what could he possibly put forward that would have the slightest credibility? And why would he bother? This will all blow over like every other scandal at this site.

But ya gotta wonder why all of a sudden he stopped the fundraising updates pretty much the day the exclusive interview was posted.

Or don't wonder, and don't care, just go about enjoying the site for the everything it offers you and give him money when he asks for it cause otherwise the site you love is in jeopardy.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #288
Jesus Online

Local Time: 10:38 PM
The IP address issue was a little confusing. Elvis can obviously see the same IP details I could, so this was no secret to him. After the initial posts by me to Dalkey about the IP, both Dalkey and Elvis both said something about remote connections. So that pretty much ended that avenue of proof as naturally any of us could be posting from anywhere. The belief I had about legitimacy was not limited solely to IPs. I do need to clarify this. It began my search, but wasn't the whole of it.

I forgot to mention in the above long winded reply, that a search was also done on some of the actual email addresses. I didn't do this search myself, but completely trust the guy who did it. He said the originating Dalkey email addies were from a Jill Smith in same town in Chicago. Preoria or whatever it is. This question mark was answered by Elvis (when I raised it with him) as being from Jill, the wife of Don as at this stage Dalkey was still only Don, not Edge. He also said the email was tracked back to a girls softball team? Seemed odd lol. But maybe Jill, the wife of Don played sport. So that avenue of proof was also circumstantial, but it still seemed odd. As far as more of this goes, given the recent appearance of the newest character to this play being dsmith, it's probably best not to keep harping about this as I very well might be referring to someone's personal emails. And I dont wish to do that for obvious reasons.

As for the comments made about my de-admining etc being resultant from the Edge thing, I suppose that matter still isn't exactly clear. I did recieve an email a while after it happened which gave no real answer in my view. I heard from a 3rd party (and I genuinely cannot recall who it was) stating that the reason for my account removal was "abuse of admin privileges". If the abuse was based on my deleting Elvis's replies, then that is frankly a load of shit. The only thing which makes those deletings different is the posts were made by Elvis. Mods delete crap all the time. Another possible privilege abuse might have been the tracks I left all through the admin cp. Obviously I used the Interference database for some of my researching and if there was something shady going on, then it wouldn't be welcomed. This is now bordering on speculation and I do want to keep to facts that I can prove or accounts which have been stated to me by either entirely trustworthy folk (seems an oxymoron now lol) or by the senior staff at this site.
I know there is still information missing in this story, and I do want to fill in the rest. Some of what is left is based on nothing more than educated guesses. I do hope the whole story unfolds very soon though.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #289
Refugee

Local Time: 12:38 PM
Hmmm Dalkeygate unwinds more and more.....
Old 10-16-2004, 10:39 AM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 06:38 AM
Have the accounts for Dalkey and The Edge been banned?
Old 10-16-2004, 10:44 AM   #291
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
Have the accounts for Dalkey and The Edge been banned?

Yes, as well as 2 others that are related. I have also banned the IP address, as of last night. Of course, banning an IP or account is not an absolute solution.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 06:38 AM
true. thanks for answering my question.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:54 AM   #293

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
true. thanks for answering my question.
Also, just want to add... that I have a few other ways to determine who someone is (as far as being related to other accounts) if they do rejoin under another name - although this is not information that just 'pops' up to alert me, it's something I have to go looking for. Despite what some people think, I don't sit here behind the 'curtain' and monitor each and everything that goes on here.. not even close.

On another more u2 friendly note... I just read http://forum.interference.com/showth...threadid=99370 Ahhh.. Zoo Station and Elec Co - how nice would that be?
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #294
Refugee

I'd like Elvis to explain how someone he "knew" to be Don from Chicago (or possibly his wife) could suddenly transform into a member of U2. And when did he know AllBecauseOfYou was also Don/Dalkey/The Edge/Jill? Was it before or after they had a nice chat in EYKIW?

This whole affair is shameful. As I've been saying from the beginning, transparency really is the best policy here. The fact that Elvis won't or can't be totally honest with the members of Interference speaks volumes.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #295
Refugee

Local Time: 12:38 PM
OK Elvis... after all this... How do you want us to believe that all those (present and future) "Exclusive interviews" are real?

Did you (or anyone else) met those people in person, or was it (like with "the edge") only made with internet (e-mails, PMs...etc)?

...and BTW I'm one of those that wanted to become a Premium Member because of The Edge posting... lucky for me, I wanted to make it from January... and now I wont do it!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:12 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
I'd like Elvis to explain how someone he "knew" to be Don from Chicago (or possibly his wife) could suddenly transform into a member of U2. And when did he know AllBecauseOfYou was also Don/Dalkey/The Edge/Jill? Was it before or after they had a nice chat in EYKIW?

This whole affair is shameful. As I've been saying from the beginning, transparency really is the best policy here. The fact that Elvis won't or can't be totally honest with the members of Interference speaks volumes.

At this point, I apparently 'knew' nothing, and I'm not sure what to believe or not to believe. I've seen so many conflicting things in dealing with all of this that (to qoute Angela) my head is going to explode.

The name on the email 'Don and Jill Smith' was just that, a name on an email header, but that same person (whomever it was) was constantly changing that field to all sorts of things, including some that were obviously not real names.

In the end, the only thing we KNOW for sure (fact) is what this persons IP address(es) are/were. No one can state anything else as fact, or fiction, including myself w/o based on things that transpire over the Internet. We could sit here and argue about what 'edge' said, or didnt say, but ultimately there will be no way of proving if its true or not. Even if everything 'he' said was eventually proven as true, one could still assume that this 'person' had some sort of inside info, or even was a good guesser.

In any case, even if this ever ended up being even an ounce true (that edge was involved)... I hardly doubt that the real Edge would say on TV or radio "That interview for Interference.com, it was real." He mentioned Interference once before on national radio back in 2000, but if it ever happened again... again I hardly doubt that's what he'd ever say.

In hindsight, to qoute my favorite band... 'everything you know is wrong', real, fake, and inbetween. I've read so many things that arent true about me, the staff, and the site here that I really wonder where people even get/make up this stuff that it's making me ill, literally.

I've already said it, but I'll say it again... if this was a hoax, we got hoaxed too. We fucked up, we brought that fuckup to all of you, and the decision or lack of, was a fuckup.

And still, I'm not sure what to believe.

One other thing, while I did have my own reasons aside from anything to do with 'edge' for removing Angela and Salome, I would like to say that I'm sorry with how everything happened, and how hastily I acted - that doesnt however mean that my decision ultimately would not have been the same. I'm not sure if I said that prior or not, or in public or not.... but I just wanted to make that clear.

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:16 AM   #297
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by bathiu
OK Elvis... after all this... How do you want us to believe that all those (present and future) "Exclusive interviews" are real?
I've heard that the questions in the BP Fallon interview were actually answered in e-mail by an arthritic housecat in New Jersey. Apparently the housecat shared a name with Brian Eno's cat, so the staff assumed that it was actually BP Fallon.

The "BP Fallon" some people saw at the recent fan gathering was a cleverly designed marionette.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

I've heard that the questions in the BP Fallon interview were actually answered in e-mail by an arthritic housecat in New Jersey. Apparently the housecat shared a name with Brian Eno's cat, so the staff assumed that it was actually BP Fallon.

The "BP Fallon" some people saw at the recent fan gathering was a cleverly designed marionette.
LOL
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #299
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

At this point, I apparently 'knew' nothing, and I'm not sure what to believe or not to believe. I've seen so many conflicting things in dealing with all of this that (to qoute Angela) my head is going to explode.

The name on the email 'Don and Jill Smith' was just that, a name on an email header, but that same person (whomever it was) was constantly changing that field to all sorts of things, including some that were obviously not real names.

In the end, the only thing we KNOW for sure (fact) is what this persons IP address(es) are/were. No one can state anything else as fact, or fiction, including myself w/o based on things that transpire over the Internet. We could sit here and argue about what 'edge' said, or didnt say, but ultimately there will be no way of proving if its true or not. Even if everything 'he' said was eventually proven as true, one could still assume that this 'person' had some sort of inside info, or even was a good guesser.

In any case, even if this ever ended up being even an ounce true (that edge was involved)... I hardly doubt that the real Edge would say on TV or radio "That interview for Interference.com, it was real." He mentioned Interference once before on national radio back in 2000, but if it ever happened again... again I hardly doubt that's what he'd ever say.

In hindsight, to qoute my favorite band... 'everything you know is wrong', real, fake, and inbetween. I've read so many things that arent true about me, the staff, and the site here that I really wonder where people even get/make up this stuff that it's making me ill, literally.

I've already said it, but I'll say it again... if this was a hoax, we got hoaxed too. We fucked up, we brought that fuckup to all of you, and the decision or lack of, was a fuckup.

And still, I'm not sure what to believe.

One other thing, while I did have my own reasons aside from anything to do with 'edge' for removing Angela and Salome, I would like to say that I'm sorry with how everything happened, and how hastily I acted - that doesnt however mean that my decision ultimately would not have been the same. I'm not sure if I said that prior or not, or in public or not.... but I just wanted to make that clear.

Joel
So it was just a case of gross incompetence, then? I'm honestly not trying to be mean when I ask that. I would just think that after the earlier unpleasant situation with fake band members posting you would have checked more thoroughly before jumping headfirst into this.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:21 AM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:38 AM
wow, i really defended whoever the fucker was that was acting like edge.
i told people to stop being so negative and doubting.
normally im not a trusting person
and now that i was
im a total fucker