A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
Well, for as long as this post has been going on for...has any answer been acceptably answered? Do you think they are going to be acceptably answered.

They may be answered, they may not be, but they never will be if we go away and let this incident fade into memory as so many other incidents have.

And frankly who are you to tell us to give it up, already? What do you care, really?

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't think I ever really said that. And I never said go away....I think you guys made your points perfectly clear already without the need for repitition. You guys are suggesting people to certain things yourselves....let's not be one-sided. Don't know why you're trying to aruge with me specifically.

I'm arguing with you specifically because I disagree with you and you're replying. :)

I understand that we may be repeating ourselves, but that's only because no one's answering the important questions. And why do you care, anyway?

Can I jump in here and be a mod for a second...

PLEASE stop the infighting. Everyone is free to believe as they like about this situation, but if you really think it's stupid or pointless or whatever, then it's incredibly simple to just not post anymore--in fact, far more simple than it is to go to the trouble of posting. You've made your respective points, and if you really want to demonstrate how stupid and pointless this thread is, go post elsewhere and willfully ignore this thread. You will then help it to fade into oblivion.

And for those who want to keep it going...stick to the facts and issues at hand. There's no need to keep fighting with and attacking those who disagree with you. You are much more likely to keep the issues you want dealt with at the forefront if the powers that be don't have to wade through pages of pettiness first.

Know what I mean?

Thanks.

ThatGuy said:
I'm arguing with you specifically because I disagree with you and you're replying. :)

:)

I don't think I care in the same sense of weight you're giving to the word.

I'm not saying this to mean anything, I'm seriously asking....when's the last anyone has heard from Elvis either on here or through PM?

paxetaurora said:

And for those who want to keep it going...stick to the facts and issues at hand.

Mod, it is very difficult to stick to the facts when we have be given almost none. All we have been told is that there has been a mistake, that no one on the interference staff had any culpability in this, and that they were mislead. We have not been told how the interviews were conducted that could have lead to the mistaken identities. Nor have we been told why Joel repeatedly affirmed that the edge poster was genuine and now is not sure.

Can you give us any facts or details about these things?

Believe me, if I could give you facts, I'd be selling them for ten bucks a pop.

All I mean is that I want people to stop fighting between themselves and instead focus on the questions and problems related to this issue.

I don't know if any more answers are available or forthcoming, but if they are, the best way to get them is to not be distracted by insignificant side scuffles.

ThatGuy said:
:uhoh:

Look above you.

And to answer your question, Elvis replied in this thread this morning.

Yep, Elvis replied when he had an easy answer to something.

It is easy to say Kate is not my girlfriend.

It is hard for him to answer as to why he thought the edge interview, the u2 interview and the edge poster were genuine.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Frankly, I think you guys made your points perfectly clear already without the need for repitition.

But they aren't points, they are questions. And they haven't been answered.

how did people actually believe Dalkey was the Edge after he posted the COMPLETELY AWFUL setlist for the next tour? he left off "Streets have no name," thats like sacrilege. And he included full metal jacket, hmmm????

I actually believed for a minute that The edge was really him, but I never believed that phony Dalkey.

I wanna see the look on the face of those idiots who cursed me when i said it wasn't the real Edge posting here.

Where are you now wankers?

Real Edge would never go off like the fake one did comparing Jicks to a terrorist.

And we who doubted it was Edge got slapped and cursed.

Where are you now you bunch of mofos and morons?

PS: the whole story stinks.

And YES staff ppl and Elvis. It's ALL YOUR FAULT. You run this place. You have responsabilities. Much more with the poor little fools who paid for membership.

I can't remember how many times ppl asked here if Dalkey was Edge and you never answered. YOUR FAULT cause if you said "yes, they are the same person" many ppl would know for sure the fake Edge wasn't the real one. And you would not have gained all the publicity, right?

This thread is embarrassing to read.

If the worst thing that happens to you lot is that a site you call "the Blue Crack" didn't do their homework and, as a result, an impostor Edge fooled you losers into thinking you were now 5 degrees of separation away from celebrity, you live a charmed life indeed.

Sorry for the run-on sentence. Appropriate, I guess, for a run-on thread.

Try to accept the net positive here and move on with your life. God help the person who looks at you the wrong way, or the cashier who gives you back the wrong change.

I don't mind the run-on sentence as much as that you managed to miss the point of just about everything posted in this thread

hardly any of the people who post in this thread were fooled into believing we were finally close to the edge (haa, a boom-tish for me really, do I get points for that)
quite the opposite actually
it seemed fairly sure from the beginning that this wasn't The Edge
and still this site affirmed that it was and ignored the people who pointed out that this probably was a fake

getting answers to what on earth could have given this site the idea that it really was The Edge and why it kept affirming it was The Edge while there were sufficient reasons to not believe this are the most obvious questions that should be answered at some point

is this the most important thing happening in my life?
hell no
does that mean that makes this ok?
hell no

I am well aware there is more important stuff going on
that doesn't mean that this therefore is pointless
much like posting on a internet forum in itself isn't the most important thing anyone of us could be doing right now it still has its merrits on a personal level

No, I got the point. It's just that, if you were to take people by the tone of their email, you'd guess that the operators of Interference did something so heinous that the law should get involved.

All I am saying is that, these things happen. People, including site operators, like attention. Ultimately, what transpired is silly. But that's all it is.

This is a law question teebee.
Be sure it is. Both penal and civil.
Don't kid yourself.

I don't know what it is about this thread that is bringing out such hostility in people who are only coming here to say how stupid it is, what "losers" we are, and how full we are of BS.
Every couple of days I have come back to this thread to ask, politely, the same couple of questions which should have been answered ages ago (and which I was told in a PM would be answered), and I find pages of entries from people (the same people) telling us we are wasting are time, we are being divisive, etc. I'm not sure who is being more fractious and divisive here, but I will keep coming back and asking my two questions, even if that makes me a "loser". There are principles involved here. (And no, I never for a moment was "fooled" into thinking it was Edge, that's not what's driving this for me. It's a question of ethics and accountability.)

starsgoblue said:
Secondly, I'm not saying they've been trying to answer and unable to because of the din but if you keep knocking on a door and nobody's answering do you stay on the porch?

We will if we know that the person we want to speak is at home and has some answers we want to have.

What if your questions are never answered? Are you going to keep this thread going? This is beyond silly at this point.

I find it very interesting that up to now the only explanation/description of the situation came from an administrator. An administrator who was first banned some weeks ago, could only return after the community made a lot of fuss about it but hasn't been an administrator since. In short, her data is at least some weeks old, but that's all we have.
In a way I have no problem accepting her explanation. If Elvis doesn't refute it, then it must be true. So Elvis knew many, many weeks ago that this was all a fraud, but the only thing he did was ban the people questioning the situation. Why? Was he behind it all? Remember that it would not have been the first time for him. He didn't ban the people who help him keeping this site in control because of some personal reason ('mod-abuse'), but simply because they didn't want to go with the game. Or rather, he banned the administrator and as an additional bonus to him he banned the only other non-US moderator (yes people, during European daytime this site is one big anarchy! :macdevil: ).

If Elvis agrees with this viewpoint, that he's conning the 300-400 premium members and the thousands who aren't (BTW, do the calculations, 400 x $12 and you know what the premiums pay per year), that he wants the content/news on his site to be unreliable and that he doesn't mind to remove those who don't blindly follow everything that's been said, OK. Let him say it. So we can learn from it, so he can learn what the possible consequences are and so we can move on. At least there will be some clarity then.

C ya!

Marty

Last edited:
it just amazes me how quickly people can start jumping on someone's back with one misstep-- we can do better, please people, get off your knees... teralin was late by about 30 minutes posting the bootlegs of the bbc show and everyone already started jumping on his back, i hate to see stuff like this

Mrs. Edge said:

We talk about marriage constantly. I am trying to pretend that we don't though so that I will be "surprised" when he actually proposes. I told him I have to be completely surprised when it happens! :D

Cool. Surprising an intelligent woman should be a fun challenge for an intelligent man. :wink:

bcrt2000 said:
it just amazes me how quickly people can start jumping on someone's back with one misstep

If you've read this thread you'll realise it's more than one misstep, and it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened. Plus the way it was carried out - and for the amount of time - I think we're more than justified in coming down on the people in charge. There's no crime in wanting answers.

People don't like being played for fools, treated with like they're of sub-intelligence which, face it, we have been in the way nearly every single question has been blown off and ignored [except, of course, if it's a question about that REM gig Joel went to].

teebee said:
This thread is embarrassing to read.

No way Jose!!

This is drama at its best. This has kept me going for days. Waaayyy better than CSI Miami dubbed in Spanish.

:lmao: off wanking!! I think I laughed harder at that than I should have.

edited: for bad sentence structure.

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:

PLEASE stop the infighting. Everyone is free to believe as they like about this situation, but if you really think it's stupid or pointless or whatever, then it's incredibly simple to just not post anymore--in fact, far more simple than it is to go to the trouble of posting. You've made your respective points, and if you really want to demonstrate how stupid and pointless this thread is, go post elsewhere and willfully ignore this thread. You will then help it to fade into oblivion.

thank you for saying this. I think there's a few people who can leave this thread for good now. I do not understand why they keep posting and asking us to stop posting about this topic....espcecially newbies who haven't been lied to like this in the past and who haven't paid any money to be lied to. I'm still going to wait for an answer from Joel. I'll either never get it or never believe when it does come. But I'm happy waiting and if that's a problem for some then you coming back here to tell me I'm wasting my time waiting is just as much a waste of your time to keep telling me that.....

Why is the best explination for the entire debacle written by a fired MOD?

Doesn't that seem strange?

I would like to know if the owner of this palce we love so dearly was contacted by a lawyer about this, because the vagueness of everything would be explained. This would be a better explination than what we have received so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom