Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #241
The Fly

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa71
I've been a lurking for a long time but I wasn't here during the other fake Edge incident. Somehow, even reading the explaination by this dsmith person, I still don't completely understand what supposedly happen. It all seems odd. But the most interesting issue no ones' brought up is where did that picture come from that the fake Edge posted? Did the teenager take that photo of him so close?? It kinda looks like Popmart era so that doesn't seem to jive. I guess she could have gotten off the internet??
This was discussed in the "Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate" thread some days ago. Check it out:

http://forum.interference.com/showth...&pagenumber=11

The Elvis' quote from U2dork is quite interesting indeed.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #242
War Child

Local Time: 03:29 PM
The whole thing is just a big let down...and too bad it was all fake.

However, it really makes me wish the band would take the time to stop for a minute and really "talk" to the fans. We've got the internet, which creates a bridge between us...if only it were used more frequently.

Perhaps someday we'll have the REAL Edge stop by for a chat...

Old 10-15-2004, 09:20 PM   #243
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy
If a detailed report is being compiled, you can bet it's the official U2 camp asking for it.

Otherwise, we'd all have answers by now.

Is it possible Elvis was fooled? Well it's not impossible but it's sure not probable considering his self-proclaimed web savvy.

What has happened to people here was not only immoral, unethical and unprofessional (things that are not uncommon on the net, especially message boards), but in the context of interference as a business (non-profit or not) it's also illegal.
That's simply untrue.

There is no contract which says "if The Edge doesn't post here then the website is deemed to owe you everything"...
Old 10-15-2004, 09:20 PM   #244
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy
Is it possible Elvis was fooled? Well it's not impossible but it's sure not probable considering his self-proclaimed web savvy.

What has happened to people here was not only immoral, unethical and unprofessional (things that are not uncommon on the net, especially message boards), but in the context of interference as a business (non-profit or not) it's also illegal.
Well, gee... Was Elvis fooled the first time this happened back during ATYCLB? I mean, we were told then that it was REALLY Bono. Then we find out it wasn't, and it was swept under the rug. Lots of people who were around then remembered that. So, hmmm. Can he be fooled twice? Can WE be fooled TWICE?

You are sooo right. Anytime a person receives money for services rendered, it becomes a business, regardless of how much money is made. It's still a business and as such, the consumers on this site should expect respect, dignity, integrity, PRINCIPLE, and scruples.

I haven't seen any of that. Really, Joel. A lot of people are telling you the same thing: We can't believe you didn't have anything to do with this because of your actions NOW and your actions in the PAST. There is so much more to all of this other than this one little Edge debacle. It's impossible to believe someone who has spoken openly of hacking into Bono's e-mail account and being proud of said venture. Trust is so easy to destroy and so hard to build back up. You have a lot of explaining to do, and saying that you are "looking into it" because you were "duped" is a bunch of bunk. How can you possibly be duped twice? In the space of three years? You said that you would check, double check, and triple check sources the next time a possible "it's the BAND!" post comes in. Hrm. You'd think the check, double check, and triple check would already have been done *because* of what happened the last time we had a fake Edge.

*edited to fix Bono's name*

Moonie
Old 10-15-2004, 09:21 PM   #245
The Fly

Local Time: 07:29 AM
we all swallowed the kool-aid
Old 10-15-2004, 09:24 PM   #246
Refugee

Local Time: 11:29 AM
like I said before...this same thing happened here about 3 years ago, maybe a little bit more...although if I remember correctly it was a fake bono then. I was a moderator on the forums here and an op in the chat as well. NOTHING happens on this site without Elvis knowing about it. That's all I have to say on the subject....and I will likely get banned for saying that...but it had to be said.

*****edited to add: it may have been edge back then too. I can't recall but it caused a big stink back then and people left and some were banned. But, life went on at interference.

This is a great site, I wish things like this would stop happening because the site is strong all on its own without junk like this taking away from it.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:27 PM   #247
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LoveTown
like I said before...this same thing happened here about 3 years ago, maybe a little bit more...although if I remember correctly it was a fake bono then. I was a moderator on the forums here and an op in the chat as well. NOTHING happens on this site without Elvis knowing about it. That's all I have to say on the subject....and I will likely get banned for saying that...but it had to be said.
I stand corrected. A fake Bono. You're right. For some reason, I thought it was Edge.

I'll go change my original post.

Moonie
Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 PM   #248
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by TC2290

That's simply untrue.

There is no contract which says "if The Edge doesn't post here then the website is deemed to owe you everything"...
You simply don't know much about misrepresentation as it relates to the use (misuse) of a celebrity's image for financial gain. U2's management does, and I hope they are investigating this with better results than we're getting here.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:03 PM   #249
The Fly

The Edge "self-portrait" from this Pleba thread:
http://forum.interference.com/showth...5&pagenumber=6

What Elvis said in this thread:

http://forum.interference.com/showth...0&pagenumber=1

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
I got to hang out with the band back in 2000 (my story is in the u2 meetings forum) and didnt take a picture with them - although I did get a funny picture of Edge posing/waving about a foot infront of the camera - and its slightly blurry.
Whaddya think?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:06 PM   #250
War Child

Local Time: 11:29 AM
Thanks Maude. You answered my question....
Old 10-15-2004, 10:22 PM   #251
The Fly

Your welcome Lisa71. If this isn't it, I'm very interested in seeing the picture Elvis was referring to in his post.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:22 PM   #252
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:29 AM
Facial hair...hat...say no more. NOT current!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:28 PM   #253
The Fly

Oh yes Biff, it's definitely not current, but more than that it seems to fit Elvis' photo description far too well. Of course if this isn't the picture you took Elvis, this particular matter could easily be cleared up by showing us the picture you did take that you were referring to in that post. Now that's not too much to ask is it?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #254
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveTown

*****edited to add: it may have been edge back then too. I can't recall but it caused a big stink back then and people left and some were banned. But, life went on at interference.

This is a great site, I wish things like this would stop happening because the site is strong all on its own without junk like this taking away from it.
i thought edge too but it may have been both.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #255
Babyface

Good grief how unprofessional, this site has lost any sense of credibility.