A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBrazilianFly said:
Yeah and the supposed Edge said that he likes Dime Bars on one of Beli's polls.

if you're looking at the psychological aspect of this... if the guy wasn't Edge, why would he go onto another forum and post something SO random like this? if it was an imposter he would have to be masterful to keep the right balance of posting on non-u2 related topics and still sound like the Edge... i think if it was an imposter he'd probably go on a power trip and start making outrageous claims, or he would be WAY too conservative, and wouldn't be going on those sections of the forums, and he wouldn't commit himself to anything (like the tentative setlist and those lyrics to a song that they were planning on playing)

indra said:

Shame on you then.

It's a fucking MESSAGE BOARD! It's NOT a big deal.

Well, maybe it is to you, and if so, that is pitiful. Or great. I guess it could be great if this is what you have to complain about.

Shame on you! It would be a big deal to you if you had worked as a MOD, a DAMN GOOD ONE, fair to all parties in FYM and you had lost your position and been banned.

Salome and I rarely seemed to agree on anything politically, but Salome was a TERRIFIC MOD!

Shame on you for treating someone who has put many hours into making this place a better place for everyone, so disrespectfully.

bcrt2000 said:

if you're looking at the psychological aspect of this... if the guy wasn't Edge, why would he go onto another forum and post something SO random like this? if it was an imposter he would have to be masterful to keep the right balance of posting on non-u2 related topics and still sound like the Edge... i think if it was an imposter he'd probably go on a power trip and start making outrageous claims, or he would be WAY too conservative, and wouldn't be going on those sections of the forums, and he wouldn't commit himself to anything (like the tentative setlist and those lyrics to a song that they were planning on playing)

Maybe you got me wrong there. I was just adding more info for martha. I wasen't saying anything more than that. I'm still not sure if that was or wasen't Edge. I still think there's a possibility that it could have been him. I'm still confused. :huh:

I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think there can actually be a chance that this really WAS Edge.

For god's sakes, take a look and use your brains people!

It's NOT the Edge!!

Stop being naive.

Ok after going through all 25 pages that I missed...

Yeah the interview was an obvious give away that it wasn't the real thing...ie we who really DO have REAL connections would know that.

Having Edge's REAL cellphone number???? Please c'mon like any random person would have that in the first place...even for an interview...you would obviously be the one contacted...not vice versa.

You should have NEVER started this in the first place...you wouldn't be in this situation and I hope you learn from this NEVER to deceive the members here. :mad: You're lucky that you still have Interference...for all we know PM are in the process of checking everything that happened here to investigate what to do about this.

bcrt2000 said:
by the way, anyone noticed how the so-called "Edge" mentioned that they are going back to their punk-rock roots, and now after listening to ABOY & the new version of Desire, and seeing the new attire (ie straw hat) that they really are trying to recreate the punk-rock image? also him mentioning electric co and exit were being rehearsed.. i think there are too many coincidences for it NOT to be the real Edge or someone else close to the band

:huh: Most fans heard the ABOY snippet from outside Hanover a looooonnnnnng time ago. Just one listen to the snippet and you knew it had a punk rock feel. Oh and Bono's been sportin' that hat or a version of it a very long time as well.

One hour and eight minutes has passed since I started reading this thread. I read almost every word. I clicked on every link. I am now brought up to date. Now I'm going to make a cup of tea and put it all behind me for the night.

:sad:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Maybe you got me wrong there. I was just adding more info for martha. I wasen't saying anything more than that. I'm still not sure if that was or wasen't Edge. I still think there's a possibility that it could have been him. I'm still confused. :huh:

Based on the things that have happened in the past on this site (just read this thread... there have been several instances of not being credible and duping the people here), as well as the things Joel has a reputation for outside of Interference, I don't believe for a second that it was Edge at all.

I think this was orchestrated from the start. I don't believe that the people who run this site were as duped as the rest of us. :no:

Sure, this will peter itself out and life will go on here... but there are several people who have been here for quite some time who will not forget about it so easily.

As for the comments about it being a "FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD" and "beating a dead horse" well, just like others have said: nobody's making you read this stuff. If you don't like the discussion here, there are plenty other threads to choose from. This thread was set up for the sole purpose of trying to get some answers (haven't yet, really. but that's no surprise, is it?). Sure, there are lots of important things in life. But for me, credibility, integrity, and honesty are just as important. When those things are so glaringly absent and become a problem, we as members, have a right to want to know what the flying fuck is going on.

If you don't like the dead horses lying around here stinking up the place, then go plant daisies in another thread somewhere else. :shrug:

Moonie

EPandAmerica said:

:huh: Most fans heard the ABOY snippet from outside Hanover a looooonnnnnng time ago. Just one listen to the snippet and you knew it had a punk rock feel. Oh and Bono's been sportin' that hat or a version of it a very long time as well.

the snippet sounded like a EBTTRT more than anything, and while ABOY does have influences from the EBTTRT outtakes, it sounds a lot more punk-rocky, Desire/Last Night On Earth type of song now, at least with the live version

Dreadsox said:

Shame on you! It would be a big deal to you if you had worked as a MOD, a DAMN GOOD ONE, fair to all parties in FYM and you had lost your position and been banned.

Salome and I rarely seemed to agree on anything politically, but Salome was a TERRIFIC MOD!

Shame on you for treating someone who has put many hours into making this place a better place for everyone, so disrespectfully.

And you would do well to get the stick out of your ass. Your opinion is not the only one that is acceptable...it certainly isn't acceptable to me. Obviously you have no idea what kind of deal it would be to me. It's only a messageboard.

To be perfectly honest I had no problems with Angela Harlem as a mod, but I found Salome to be a bit of a power tripper. You can have your opinion, but I can also have MY GODAMNED OPINION TOO! EVEN if you don't like it, dearie.

I don't give a rats ass who moderates and who doesn't here, but I can't see how Salome would even want to be here if he's been treated so shamefully. So that leaves me to conclude his goal is to harrass. The fact is, this is the board of the owner, no one else, and he and only he chooses personel. And he can ditch them for any reason (and it does seem he often has, but that is his right). You don't have to like it, but that is life in the big city.

Again, it's only a messageboard. Big damned deal!

DaveC said:
I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think there can actually be a chance that this really WAS Edge.

For god's sakes, take a look and use your brains people!

It's NOT the Edge!!

Stop being naive.

i don't think its that simple

Having Edge's REAL cellphone number???? Please c'mon like any random person would have that in the first place...even for an interview...you would obviously be the one contacted...not vice versa

I hade made that my last post before but okay again as I mentioned it was regine's number . feel free to varify that with RMP..I came off wrong to Kim and I apologized to HER for that which again nothing to do with the interview or this forum..

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

I'm sorry but I agree with dreadsox here. Shame on you, Indra!

agreed. for someone who thinks it's only a fucking MESSAGE BOARD! It's NOT a big deal, you're the one getting your panties in a twist.

indra said:

:der: I just love it when people say that but continue to spend tons of time around here.

Do not act like it's such a casual thing and you are too damn good for this place because you certainly seem to spend an awful lot of time on this message board.

I met two of the closest friends I've ever had in my 30 years on this earth at Interference. I'm sure there are several people who can say the same thing. You have no idea the bonds that have been formed because of this place. It runs so much deeper than "just a message board" or even U2. If you think it's ok for us to be screwed again by this place then that's your problem. But do not act like this place doesn't mean shit to you and then come back over and over again.

indra said:

You're obviously of the mind that "it's only a message" board, and if this is the case then why are you getting so worked up about this? You're coming down on everyone else for it, yet it's all right for you to be?

Okay! :rolleyes:

Elvis said:

Kate has brought an incredible professional experience and personality to our team. ...... I can honestly say some of my best friends are people that are on the Interference team. If you want to attack my credibility, the sites, or that of the team as a whole... I'm surely more willing to accept that, than if you go out attacking an individual of the team.

I think on the one hand it's nice that all of the senior staff is sticking up for each other.

I do wonder, on the other hand, why some others (Angie and Salome, most notably) seem not to have been extended the same courtesy. That's all that really gets to me about this thing. I don't care if Edge is real or not, wtf do I care what chocolate bar he eats? Seriously. I wish I had that kind of time on my hands.

Just wanna say 4 words words about all this:

"A bloody fine mess!"

Heres my 2 cents what I think:

When "The Edge" first allegedly appeared here, I was initially surprised about his appearance in the forum and posting quite a few comments along the way. But somehow I wasnt 100% convinced that it was him cos first of all, he had posted quite a few random comments like "Love Dime bars" and his attack on Jick simply tells me that this is not the normal Edge that we all know and read about. So why do it? I think it was someone else taking the mickey out of us rather than the real thing...If so, its downright disgusting that we, as Interferencers, are being used in this way! :rant:

And, another thing, this is aimed at Elvis, Im sorry I had to ask you this.....you must have been worn out by now from all this shit but I gotta ask you this... When you told us that all Band Members by their names are allocated places on the forum ie Bono, Larry, The Edge and Adam which led me to think: did you send out to the band via PM all the details of how to log on and so on using the unique passwords that none of your staffers know except perhaps yourself?

I would have thought that is the pretty sensible way to go cos if someone "posed" as The Edge and not using the unique password allocated to the real thing, then you would dismiss that "poser" out of the forum.....its called stealing identity that is.....a very serious (and illegal) thing to do in a place like here

So tell me how it got that far with Edge's cellphone number and all that palaver, you tried to convince us that it was HIM? Surely you would have kept your mouth shut and wait for the real thing to pop up and not the other way round.... After all, this is just a message board which makes it so much harder to distinguish between the real people of U2 and the fakes..... and I have every reason to believe the real U2 have posted on Zootopia under U2.com precisely cos its official site, not unofficial.....

Anyway my last word.....Just be so damn careful next time Elvis and dont do it again ever! Your reputation may be damaged by all this imo but if it wasnt for someone else, you, obviously, would have been in real serious trouble! (BTW Glad you enjoyed REM the other night!)

cheers

dougal

indra said:

...I found Salome to be a bit of a power tripper. You can have your opinion, but I can also have MY GODAMNED OPINION TOO! EVEN if you don't like it, dearie.

I don't give a rats ass who moderates and who doesn't here, but I can't see how Salome would even want to be here if he's been treated so shamefully. So that leaves me to conclude his goal is to harrass. The fact is, this is the board of the owner, no one else, and he and only he chooses personel. And he can ditch them for any reason (and it does seem he often has, but that is his right). You don't have to like it, but that is life in the big city.

I speak from possible bias, but ego is not even close to a word I'd use for Johan. Blunt yes, power tripper never.

Tis indeed only a message board. Not the kind of place you'd expect such behaviours.

I also dont agree that people can treat others however they please. Doesn't matter what environment it's in. Elvis is no different. None of us are.

anitram said:

In any business, heads would roll for this. And rightfully so. But it seems that here, instead of really getting down to the bottom of it and openly admitting which senior staff was responsible for what communication and which staff was responsible for what verification, we're being given vague answers.

If this was a business, we would get an "official" response from Elvis that the matter had been dealt with, and that is all we would get. Because this is not just a business, but a community, we all get to express how we feel - and get more information than we would otherwise get.

If this stuff up is enough to make you leave the forum then goodbye - sorry to see you go - but please lets all get some perspetive here - we were all taken for a ride and are pissed about it, including, as is clear from this thread - Elvis and the Interference staff. Lets just all let it go...

Oh and by the way Indra...I think maybe Salome wants to be here because there are people here he cares about a lot. I know when I was banned it broke my heart because I lost touch with so many of my online friends. I also think he sticks around to tell the truth about the whole situation which I am VERY happy he and Angie are doing!

suzieq said:

- but please lets all get some perspetive here - we were all taken for a ride and are pissed about it, including, as is clear from this thread - Elvis and the Interference staff. Lets just all let it go...

This is the hard part to swallow. I mean come on, if people smelled a rat weeks ago, and let it be known. Then how could the staff been taken for a ride? I think they were driving the damn car. :| :| :| :|

Indra, its time for you to take YOUR broom out of everyone else's arse, love, its quite painful.

I love when newbies come along, sprout shit about nothing they know about, like they have a clue and think they are high and mighty.

Keep up the good work though, you're gonna win Interference 2004's funniest poster of the year award.

Have any of you posting here ever made a mistake in your life? Perhaps one that definetly was from bad judgement or a poor choice? Did you want to have your nose continuiously rubbed in it and be constantly reminded of it day in and day out? I think we have all been there, and I think we all know that feeling. This is a chance to excercise some mercy and grace....

We can argue all day and night about hurt feelings and betrayed trust--where is that going to get you...do we really need 30 more pages of this? We need to strive towards a sense of forgiveness and reconciliation if we are ever going to have a chance of community. This world has enough ugliness and bitter hearts, let's please let Interference be a safe haven for a little bit of happiness...please I'm really asking each and everyone of you personally to take a step back here for a moment.

I am not a perfect person, not by a long shot but then again, neither are any of you...I wouldn't have been the person I am today though unless I was afforded the chance to be able to make mistakes because it was only through mistakes that I was able to learn how to make things right. I couldn't have done it though unless I knew it was ok to fail, that I would still be allowed to get up and not have my errors held over me forever...

Can we please find some way that we can move on from this together as a community in the spirit of love rather than as a group of individuals throwing rocks at each other from behind boundary lines?

Last edited:
Salome said:
pretend that weeks of being misled, lied to and ignored equals to someone just making a mistake for once in his life
it probably would be a nicer world if I could just believe this
then again I might end up buying some swamp land instead of proper real estate from some nice lady with a good story if I were that gullible
ja

starsgoblue said:
We need to strive towards a sense of forgiveness and reconciliation if we are ever going to have a chance of community. This world has enough ugliness and bitter hearts, let's please let Interference be a safe haven for a little bit of happiness...

:sad: :up: :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom