A Message to Our Readers - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 05:34 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:22 PM
How did the supposed teenage girl know things at the time about U2's new stuff that wasn't confirmed as public knowledge at the time? That sounds hinky too...

Old 10-15-2004, 05:35 PM   #182
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
How did the supposed teenage girl know things at the time about U2's new stuff that wasn't confirmed as public knowledge at the time? That sounds hinky too...
That's one of MANY questions we, the staff, still has..... and the reason we still feel there is a chance of being mislead about being mislead.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

Just to be sure...the D Smith w/ the teenager on the @U2 forum is not our DSmith2904 here, right? I'm not saying anything....I'm just making sure...
Old 10-15-2004, 05:39 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
Just to be sure...the D Smith w/ the teenager on the @U2 forum is not our DSmith2904 here, right? I'm not saying anything....I'm just making sure...

Correct.. NOT the same person.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:39 PM   #185
Refugee

Local Time: 08:22 PM
Hey Elvis...i did just sign up for a premium account do to the fact that the edge was posting here. It sucks that it wasnt him, and i do feel ripped off. On the positive side i appriciate the fact that you are owning up to your mistakes...we've all made them. I know that you and your staff have learned from this and it will only make the site better. Thanx for your time and the great site, i along with many friends really do enjoy it!
Old 10-15-2004, 05:40 PM   #186
The Fly

Local Time: 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000
whoa.. not the edge? this guy must have had the band down left right and centre if it wasn't the edge... for some reason i have a feeling maybe edge regretted joining the forums or the publicity company thought it was a bad idea and thats why they are doing this, i find it really hard it wasn't edge given the nature of the posts.. he didn't really get into any flames or anything (even with the "terrorist" remark it was a just thing), always tried to be polite, and posting frequency was consistent with what the band was doing in real life
I agree with this. I've noticed things were said in some of the posts and the interview are almost the same wording as interviews that are just hitting the stands NOW in magazines, a full month later. A little ESP? Don't think so.
| http://www.U2photos.com
Old 10-15-2004, 05:41 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally posted by theedge111
Hey Elvis...i did just sign up for a premium account do to the fact that the edge was posting here. It sucks that it wasnt him, and i do feel ripped off. On the positive side i appriciate the fact that you are owning up to your mistakes...we've all made them. I know that you and your staff have learned from this and it will only make the site better. Thanx for your time and the great site, i along with many friends really do enjoy it!

Thanks
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #188
War Child

Local Time: 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Excuse me... but why would you think that everyone here is entitled to every discussion that goes on amongst the staff, in this matter or any other? That's insane. First, because frankly it's private... secondly, because it's not public information and if it was, it was have been discussed in public in the first place. And let's not forget this is about 1.5+ months of MANY private emails, mailing list emails, personal conversations, telephone calls, private messages, etc etc.

I'm not saying we arent going to put together some sort of list, but to ask for what you have is not going to happen. We also do not have a timeline on when this will be done, but we do have interest in doing it not only for people to see here, but for ourslves.
Translation: Fuck off we'll do it when we feel like it.

Response: It should have already been done. This thread is a chance for you to redeem yourself and the reputation of the staff, but instead you choose to make a mockery of the whole situation.

Personally, I don't care if you think the conversations were private. This community deserves to know what they were. Anything less and you have no defense against accusations of prior knowledge, despite your feeble protests of "I was fooled too."

Who are you trying to protect?
Old 10-15-2004, 05:45 PM   #189
Refugee

The more you talk in circles, Joel, the more it sounds like my speculation is right on the money.

No pun intended.

Not to mention that only 2 days ago, Katey told me by email you guys got "raked over the coals so we have to remove it all" by PM, pulicists and U2.com
Old 10-15-2004, 05:49 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally posted by Tip Top Prince

Translation: Fuck off we'll do it when we feel like it.

Response: It should have already been done. This thread is a chance for you to redeem yourself and the reputation of the staff, but instead you choose to make a mockery of the whole situation.

Who are you trying to protect?
a) dont make my words into something they arent.

b) you realize that the staff, and myself, do this in our 'spare time', and that lately we've been doing it far more than that in order to deal with this? We still have other things to do, accomplish, work on, and real lives to tend to. This has been overwhelming, and we will get to the 'list' as we have time - its not something that is easily put together, nor short in duration for a task.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:50 PM   #191
The Fly

note from Elvis: this is not legit... obviously.

Hey, everybody. This is Bono. I'm sure you're all going to love the new album. Thanks for supporting all my causes, too. (There's nothing more depressing than a pop star with a cause.) But right now, I have something very important to ask of you. I want you all to open your minds, and more importantly, your wallets, to support interference.com. Just $20 is all they need. Can Elvis have a lend of $20? Thanks, and keep that money coming in!

Sincerely,

Bono
Old 10-15-2004, 06:04 PM   #192
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

b) you realize that the staff, and myself, do this in our 'spare time', and that lately we've been doing it far more than that in order to deal with this? We still have other things to do, accomplish, work on, and real lives to tend to. This has been overwhelming, and we will get to the 'list' as we have time - its not something that is easily put together, nor short in duration for a task.
Well pardon us for bothering you in your spare time. You make it sound like everyone here has no life now but you and the "senior staff." In MY real life I'd demand a refund if I wasn't happy with the product or service I've received......I'm unhappy that this happened and all the posts I read from you while "Edge" was here made it sound like you were more than 100% sure this was really him.

Did you honestly expect to not be overwhelmed by this situation the minute you started promoting that a band member was posting on you site?

You take money from you members so this is a business and not something that should just be considered something you do in your spare time when you're not doing other things. If this place was free then you'd have a point. My brother works full time and owns his own business. So that's basically two full time jobs. I can't imagine him telling his customers that he'll take care of something after he tends to his real life first. He'd probably lose a ton of customers. I suspect that's going to happen to you as well.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:13 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

Well pardon us for bothering you in your spare time. You make it sound like everyone here has no life now but you and the "senior staff." In MY real life I'd demand a refund if I wasn't happy with the product or service I've received......I'm unhappy that this happened and all the posts I read from you while "Edge" was here made it sound like you were more than 100% sure this was really him.

Did you honestly expect to not be overwhelmed by this situation the minute you started promoting that a band member was posting on you site?

You take money from you members so this is a business and not something that should just be considered something you do in your spare time when you're not doing other things. If this place was free then you'd have a point. My brother works full time and owns his own business. So that's basically two full time jobs. I can't imagine him telling his customers that he'll take care of something after he tends to his real life first. He'd probably lose a ton of customers. I suspect that's going to happen to you as well.
First, I never said anyone here didnt have a life. I simply said that we'll get to it. We hadnt planned on having it, and we cant simply and instantly make it appear upon someone demanding it.... and that is what I've gotten frustrated with. As for your brother, I'm sure with his business he is also trying to make a profit, as any business would.... however, no profit is made here, I do this for fun and a hobby - it does not bring me an income. I spend MANY hours doing consulting work for clients in order to make my income, and at all hours of the day and night. I hope you can respect that not all of us can simply drop everything to create a document on demand with so much detail. I'm sorry for coming off as hostile... but I was really taken back when such demands were made of us. If interference was a real business as you infer, I would have closed the doors LONG ago.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

What I find hilarious is that some of you on this thread actually STILL appear to believe this was Edge!! WOW! I fell for this crap a 2nd time myself. Never again.

If you guys dont think there were copies of Vertigo (and a few other tracks) out prior to the official release of the single on the radio by parties that are not even close to the band you are very naive. So the info given by this source was nothing earth shattering when you look back at it. Most of it is extremely vague actually. Seems obvious now (at least to most of us! ) that its the case, but like I said, I fell for it when it happened.

Oh, here is new one some of you defenders can apply. Maybe it was one of Edge's daughters and the Dsmith Dad is Edge!!!! LOL
Old 10-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #195
Babyface

Elvis,

I am a new member, but have lerked here for MANY years. No one here is going to take your word for it that this place doesn't make any money.

Why don't you tell everyone how many premium members there are and the costs associated with running the website.

Also, I think what happened was completely YOUR fault and totally irresponsible. If I were U2's publicist, I would have a law suite rammed up your a** quicker than you can blink (especially since you charge for this).

I only come for the people and topics, but you and your staff disgust me.

Edited: punctuation and spelling.

Peace.