Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #166
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy

Deserve, yes, but that will never happen.

If Elvis were to disclose any real specifics about this, he would be personally liable for financial fraud.

Would anyone actually sue? Surely not anyone who shelled out a mere $20, but perhaps the folks over at PM might be inclined to take action when a U2 hoax is perpetrated for profit. Particulalry on a website with 22,000+ members (do some math there).

Seems they have reached a deal.

You accusation is unfounded and untrue. As I've stated, we were hoaxed right along with everyone else. Sheesh. Is this fucking embarassing for us? YES. Did we screw up? YES. Did we intended or purposely mislead anyone? NO.

Please stop making things up like "Seems they have reached a deal." that you do not know of personally. Speculation and assumption will really not help this matter at all.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #167
Refugee

Local Time: 10:35 PM
whoa.. not the edge? this guy must have had the band down left right and centre if it wasn't the edge... for some reason i have a feeling maybe edge regretted joining the forums or the publicity company thought it was a bad idea and thats why they are doing this, i find it really hard it wasn't edge given the nature of the posts.. he didn't really get into any flames or anything (even with the "terrorist" remark it was a just thing), always tried to be polite, and posting frequency was consistent with what the band was doing in real life

Old 10-15-2004, 04:44 PM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Regardless, don't you feel some sort of sense of decency to at least offer them their money back if they signed up and paid 12 bucks for a hoax?
Cut the crap Dave

You have been enjoying this board for quite a while. So have many many others.

If you think you can "demand" that Elvis provide documents to you here, I think you will find the real world a harsher reality.

I wish everyone would stop and consider the fellowship that exists here outside of the "Edge" posts. It is quite substantial. I would hope my fellow Interferencers would take a deep breath and realize how much they gain by being part of this community, and will continue to do so.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #169
Refugee

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
Speculation and assumption will really not help this matter at all.
People have been telling you that for weeks. You're the only one who can stop it.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #170
War Child

Quote:

Did we intended or purposely mislead anyone? NO.

Prove it.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:35 AM
Hmmm this reminds me of the lack of WMDs in Iraq.......

In no way will i be leaving interference. I love it too much here and feel a sense of community. Am I disappointed? Sure. But life goes on.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:54 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally posted by Tip Top Prince

Prove it.

How the hell can you prove something you didnt do? geez.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:35 AM
to the ones that feel personally hurt, to the ones that feel sad:

take a moment,
staring at the sun

Old 10-15-2004, 04:57 PM   #174
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Better yet, listen to 4 minutes of CBOL.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #175
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I wish everyone would stop and consider the fellowship that exists here outside of the "Edge" posts. It is quite substantial. I would hope my fellow Interferencers would take a deep breath and realize how much they gain by being part of this community, and will continue to do so.

This is the main reason I AM staying Doug...I know several other people are too. But that doesn't mean we have to like or accept at face value what has happened in the past month.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:04 PM   #176
Refugee

Quote:

A timleine of events would help. What happened when, how you guys dropped the ball and what you're going to do to make sure it never happens again. If that's part of the document you have in the works, then that's great.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

A timleine of events would help. What happened when, how you guys dropped the ball and what you're going to do to make sure it never happens again. If that's part of the document you have in the works, then that's great.

I believe in an earlier post in this thread I addressed how the ball was dropped and what we will be doing in the future to make sure this NEVER happens again.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:13 PM   #178
Refugee

Quote:

I believe in an earlier post in this thread I addressed how the ball was dropped and what we will be doing in the future to make sure this NEVER happens again.
Well it's obvious you didn't do enough to check the validity of the fake poster. I don't need a special post to tell me that. But a lot more questions have come up, questions that you seem to be content to let slip by unanswered. For example, if Angela Harlem and Salome weren't fired as mods because they didn't believe in "The Edge," then why do they seem to think that's the reason? If you have another reason for their firings I don't think it would be breaching any confidential trust to tell us. They certainly haven't been shy about posting about it. Also, what proof did the faux Edge have to provide so that you believed it was actually him? These are just two of the many, many unanswered questions we have if you'll take a look back at the pages of this thread.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:21 PM   #179
War Child

Quote:

By proving what you did do.

Are you really that stupid? You expect people to hear "oops - we messed up sorry. We'll do better next time"

That's the sum total of your explanation so far - and it's pathetic.

Here's a start - who first contacted "Dalkey" and what did they say. The actual email would be good. Then you can follow up with the reply and go from there with all that correspondence. Then you can show us the correspondence between yourself and the staff member(s) and what discussion there was regarding how you could check the validity of the claim(s).

... etc etc.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:32 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally posted by Tip Top Prince

Here's a start - who first contacted "Dalkey" and what did they say. The actual email would be good. Then you can follow up with the reply and go from there with all that correspondence. Then you can show us the correspondence between yourself and the staff member(s) and what discussion there was regarding how you could check the validity of the claim(s).

... etc etc.

Excuse me... but why would you think that everyone here is entitled to every discussion that goes on amongst the staff, in this matter or any other? That's insane. First, because frankly it's private... secondly, because it's not public information and if it was, it was have been discussed in public in the first place. And let's not forget this is about 1.5+ months of MANY private emails, mailing list emails, personal conversations, telephone calls, private messages, etc etc.

I'm not saying we arent going to put together some sort of list, but to ask for what you have is not going to happen. We also do not have a timeline on when this will be done, but we do have interest in doing it not only for people to see here, but for ourslves.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Closed Thread