A Message to Our Readers - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:54 PM
Like I said, you have no right to bitch and moan about us being pissed off because you haven't contributed even a penny to this website. Until you spend your hard-earned cash here, go away and don't tell me how to feel.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #137
Babyface

Local Time: 02:54 PM
That's your choice iacrobat...

This just happens to be a battle that some people here think is worth fighting. They choose this one.

Your tirades against them will not change that.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #138
War Child

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

I'm not suggesting that Interference is a major corporation, but it is a business in that it provides a service in exchange for money.

Perspective: I might pay $1 for a doughnut, and I will assume that it's not filled with baby spiders. If it is, I'm going to hold the business I gave my money to responsible. It doesn't matter how much I spent.
Would you demand to see their kitchen and their cooking process?

Also remember, you would have paid full value on that donut, Mr. Dunkin would have made a profit.

BTW, I would be much more upset about the spiders than this whole Edge ordeal.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #139
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Excuse me iacrobat...why are you jumping all over these people? Are you the clever decoy brought in to take the heat off the real issue and problem?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:54 AM
I know this has been addressed already but the thing that has bothered me the most about this whole fiasco is the terrible way that angie (and salome by virtue of being her good friend) were treated for bringing up legitimate concerns about the validity of this supposed edge.

I would argue that it is very relevant to the matter being discussed in this thread. If you had listened to angie in the first place instead of trying to shut her up you could have nipped this in the bud before it got out of hand.

You claim that their banning was not a direct result of this situation and had been building up over a long period of time but forgive me if I don't believe you. The timing is just too perfect.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #141
Refugee

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by iacrobat

Would you demand to see their kitchen and their cooking process?
I'm sure it would be an issue, yes. Wouldn't you want to know why your doughnut was filled with baby spiders? Or would you just shrug and say, oh well?

We're getting way, way off topic here, though. If you really want to discuss this further let's do it in e-mail. My address is in my journal.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #142
Babyface

Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Calluna
I know this has been addressed already but the thing that has bothered me the most about this whole fiasco is the terrible way that angie (and salome by virtue of being her good friend) were treated for bringing up legitimate concerns about the validity of this supposed edge.

I would argue that it is very relevant to the matter being discussed in this thread. If you had listened to angie in the first place instead of trying to shut her up you could have nipped this in the bud before it got out of hand.

You claim that their banning was not a direct result of this situation and had been building up over a long period of time but forgive me if I don't believe you. The timing is just too perfect.
I agree with your assessment Calluna. It is all too convenient, particularly given Salome's insistence in later threads.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #143
War Child

Tirades! I'm honoured! I thought I was just offering some perspective.

Come off it DaveC, it is not as if I don't understand how you feel.

Boy, $20 Canadian buys you a lot more than I thought it did.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #144
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by iacrobat
Tirades! I'm honoured! I thought I was just offering some perspective.

Come off it DaveC, it is not as if I don't understand how you feel.

Boy, $20 Canadian buys you a lot more than I thought it did.
iacrobat, can you please drop it? DaveC is entitled to his opinion. You've stated yours.

thanks
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #145
Refugee

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

We've had barely any new Premium Memberships in the past month, compared to the month prior or that before it. Premium Memberships had nothing to do with 'the edge', and posting or replying with the edge, nor do the 'zine' or 'news' part of this site.
Obviously you have not read my 'Zoo confessional' Elvis, I have stated, clear as day that seeing the Edge post was the very thing that made me finally, after two years, decide to become a premium member.

Mate, when are you ever going to grow up........you just dont treat people like this, you really have toyed with peoples emotions and love for an immense and wonderful band, and you still just dont get it or appear to take any genuine responsibility.....sorry to get personal here, but is your heart black? I could never in a million years treat people like this and yet you seem to think that the steps that you have done to rectify this are OK, well they are not...............me now thinks, that @U2 may become the biggest un-official forum for now. How could anyone stay here, when all of this has settled down, how could anyone take anything that you or your team says seriously, how could people trust you again and then pay for it????

sorry but I cant, and I am still yet to have ANY e-mail from you in regards to the return of my $20 bucks.....I definately dont want to be donating any money towards the Joel Tanner slush fund
Old 10-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #146
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by youtwohearts
Excuse me iacrobat...why are you jumping all over these people? Are you the clever decoy brought in to take the heat off the real issue and problem?
Yes. Yes I am.

Really now, I have been reading through the Edge related posts since yesterday while flabbergasted at the attitude at some people. When I read that Thatguy actually expected Elvis to put aside his vacation for this, I burst out laughing and felt compelled to say something.

Ironically, I am now guilty of breaking my own rule.

Edited to add:

No thanks Thatguy, I don't want to talk about it any more.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #147
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora

sorry but I cant, and I am still yet to have ANY e-mail from you in regards to the return of my $20 bucks.....I definately dont want to be donating any money towards the Joel Tanner slush fund

I just got home yesterday and am just going through my mail... I've gotten one check from Australia for $20, and a note with a bear on it... would this be yours? If so, I'll destroy it as or send it back as requested. Please let me know.

Joel
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by youtwohearts
Well I have read everyone of these forums. I am one of those who did believe it was him until, thank god, someone was nice enough to open my eyes.

I paid my membership dues before all this happened. It didn't make a difference, I wanted to join.

However, the truth of the matter is YOU JUST HANDLED IT COMPLETLY WRONG. In doing this you also upset many people. I haven't been on long but seeing how many long-time members are angry and leaving makes me wonder what else has gone on here.

U2 is my muse in life and it is a shame that this has to go on and we can't just enjoy posting on this bored. It is a shame that nobody could voice their suspicions or their thread would be closed, so much for freedom of speech.

I just think you owe these people the real truth not some half-assed answer. Just come clean, you'll get much more respect and it is the only way this will truly go away.

The fact that mods kept saying everyone's credibility and the site itself was on the line, why would they make it up is even more pathetic....
Old 10-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #149
Refugee

Local Time: 06:54 PM
About Katey and the phone thing...

Katey was gracious enough to agree to do me a favour which had nothing to do with interference or this topic but DID have to do with communication directly with Edge for other purposes.

As a matter of my own due diligence, I wanted to confirm that she had DIRECT contact with Edge and asked if she herself had spoken to him on the phone. The clear as day answer was yes. Otherwise, I would not have asked for this particular favour.

That question and answer was in no way related to cell phones which came up later in the convo. Perhaps she misunderstood me, but I understand EXACTLY what is going on here.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #150
Refugee

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

I just got home yesterday and am just going through my mail... I've gotten one check from Australia for $20, and a note with a bear on it... would this be yours? If so, I'll destroy it as or send it back as requested. Please let me know.

Joel
That would be from me,
You can send it back to me, its not a cheque, but an international money order, my address is on the back of the envelope or if you dont have it anymore, you can e-mail me for it

vanessabh77@bigpond.com