A Games Forum In Lemonade Stand and EYKIW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Whilst I rarely come up with a good idea (and this is no exeption) but instead of flooding Lemondade Stand and Everything You Know Is Wrong with games.....
Would it be possible to create a games sub-forum thingy in both of those areas of the forum?

Just a thought......

Zoo Station has become a wasteland lately with the increasing amount of game/list threads in that forum.

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of TV shows, celebrities, and movies.

I don't recall Lemonade Stand, EYKIW, or B&C ever containing game/list threads that nearly take up half a page. It's hard for TV discussion threads there to get off the ground because page one is pretty much game thread after game thread; threads about anything else get bumped off. Yes, I can scroll down the page and do so regularly when I look for threads that interest me, but it'd be nice if game threads could reside in their own forum.

Last edited:
I think it would help but as Sicy said in the thread suggesting a seperate book forum, Joel is super busy right now and no sub-forums are likely to be created any time soon :shrug:

as this is the third thread on the subject in recent memory, i hope it is given serious consideration if/when there is time to create a new sub-forum.

Zoo Station makes me laugh at the amount of game threads there are! I can create a new thread about something, then come back in 2 hours and find it's already on the 2nd page!:ohmy::wink:

I play in a few of the game threads, and I agree with the idea that a few ppl have suggested.:up:

This topic has been beaten into the ground. And honestly sometimes I dont think people really think things through before they make a suggestion.

Do you all honestly think that putting every single game thread from every single forum into one forum is going to please people?

Where would the forum be located? Lemonade Stand? So we'll have games about TV, U2, describing stuff, etc all mashed together in one spot, regardless of the subject? What constitutes a game thread exactly? Are these different from 'chat' threads?

I agree that it gets annoying to sift through game threads, believe me. And I think Zoo Station is the absolute worst. I just dont see that the majority would be pleased with this solution. However, I am more than happy though to pass this along to Elvis and see what he thinks about it.

this is just my two cents, but i think most people have been for a games forum rather than against it. i think these questions raised (where would the games forum be if we had one, etc.) are valid and i think we should discuss them to see what people think. just my opinion. :shrug:

Is saying some have no sense of humour 'discussing'? Just curious. You seem defensive, and I cant figure out why.

I hate them as much as anyone, but Sicy is right. There doesn't seem to be a practical way to deal with this to please the majority.

Angela Harlem said:
Is saying some have no sense of humour 'discussing'? Just curious. You seem defensive, and I cant figure out why.

I hate them as much as anyone, but Sicy is right. There doesn't seem to be a practical way to deal with this to please the majority.

You have no sense of humour. :tsk:

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:

But he does have the most adorable avatar. :yes:

(yeah, I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, but you gotta admit that is one damned cute pup. :) )

Angela Harlem said:
it seems to me that the game players hop from forum to forum to play the games. wouldn't they appreciate them being all in one place? couldn't we let the current games run until they hit 500, and then any new games be created in, or moved to, the new sub-forum?

obviously, i'm not a mod and am not aware of logistical details.

just throwing my thoughts out there.

lmjhitman said:
it seems to me that the game players hop from forum to forum to play the games. wouldn't they appreciate them being all in one place? couldn't we let the current games run until they hit 500, and then any new games be created in, or moved to, the new sub-forum?

obviously, i'm not a mod and am not aware of logistical details.

just throwing my thoughts out there.
i even have no idea how difficult it is to create a new forum (i'm sure it's a bit harder than creating a new thread
greenwink.gif
), but i think if we were to have a games forum, this suggestion of letting the current games run and starting new ones in the new forum would make the most sense.

lmjhitman said:

do you have anything constructive to add to this?

Apparently not :tsk:

.....except that I agree with everyone who wants the game threads moved from the normal forums.

:hmm:

That wasn't constructive :tsk:

then you should've posted that before. this isn't lemonade stand, we prefer if people refrain from filling up threads in this forum with nonsense and stick to the topic at hand.

KhanadaRhodes said:
then you should've posted that before. this isn't lemonade stand, we prefer if people refrain from filling up threads in this forum with nonsense and stick to the topic at hand.

Well, I've seen other people joking and throwing nonsense in this forum without being told off for it, but it's OK. It's understood.

......and of course apologies to everyone in here who doesn't know me as well as Aardy and didn't get that I was joking and might have taken offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom