45 Second Rule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Hi!

Is there any way of reducing the 45 second rule between posts? Sometimes there are a lot of replies you need to do, and the 45 seconds feels like an eternity!!

it's already been reduced from 60 to 45 but i doubt elvis will shrink it more. i dunno though :shrug:

i could've sworn we had a thread on this recently but i don't see anything so i think i'm just on crack again :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
it's already been reduced from 60 to 45 but i doubt elvis will shrink it more. i dunno though :shrug:

i could've sworn we had a thread on this recently but i don't see anything so i think i'm just on crack again :wink:

:yikes: I didn't remember the 60 second rule...that would suck!

and :shh: that's supposed to be BLUE crack :wink:

In over 3000 posts, I've been inconvenienced by this maybe 5 times. I don't find it a problem.

The only time I find it a problem is in a setlist party, where you want to say something, you wait 45 seconds, and post your really important comment, only to find that everyone else has already said it in that 45 seconds.

:wink:

phillyfan26 said:
In over 3000 posts, I've been inconvenienced by this maybe 5 times. I don't find it a problem.

You're very lucky then!! It's a daily occurance for me!! Maybe I just type too much!?!?! :wink:

corianderstem said:
The only time I find it a problem is in a setlist party, where you want to say something, you wait 45 seconds, and post your really important comment, only to find that everyone else has already said it in that 45 seconds.

:wink:

That's a really good point. Because those threads move incredibly fast. Take The Temple Bar and times it by like 30. The Hawaii party was :crazy: I was posting and there would be like another 10 above after I'd posted.

Maybe we could change it to 25 seconds or something just for the General Tour Discussions room next tour? Just for the parties?

For me it was never a problem until I got broadband and I no longer had to wait four friggin' hours for a page to load. :madpit:

lol ever been to a PGP? we're much faster than temple bar,, and on a good night we outspeed any setlist party! :lol:

I think 30 seconds could be ok :hmm:

Oh no way!!

You know, I do intend to go premium. But I keep forgetting to go to the bank.... cos I'm paying but money order. I hope I don't have to do any sums converting Aus dollar to US dollar :crazy:

COBL_04 said:
Oh no way!!

You know, I do intend to go premium. But I keep forgetting to go to the bank.... cos I'm paying but money order. I hope I don't have to do any sums converting Aus dollar to US dollar :crazy:

Its in US Dollars

Elvis said:

Its in US Dollars

Yeah I know, but $18 US will not mean that I have to pay $18. At the moment I think I'll have to pay like $21.50 something like that and I'm hoping the bank will do that for me.

Does the FAQ have the full list of premium membership incentives?

Back
Top Bottom