Will Dazz get her 1ST (light)Walking Cast this Tues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
thanks again for everyone who's sent prayers/ghood wishes/vibes my way since got word to you.

Of course IF my surgeon says I have to wait another week or 2 I'll be rather dissapointed ( I want to be able to walk - right NAO! :lol: :( :wink: ) I'll just have to practice MOAR patience! :sigh:

Tho I sure HOPE I make the first transition this Tues.

Just about all the various staff here at this Nursing Home (where for those who don't know is where my parents lived the last 8 (mom) and 10 (dad) years of their live) are quite nice. Lots of staff remember one or both of them!

I'm working on a Spring Green Trees painting ( Activities groups) and copper enameling which my mom taught me decades ago- in fact she donated her equipment to the NH when she moved in.

The PT & OT people have been very good and I try to push my self each time tyhey have me walking with the walker which IS for me 80% + better than those :yikes: scary Crutches!

For longer distances like getting to this computer room I use the wheelchair. Actaully right now they're having me do longer and longer distances I think also --so that @home the distances won't fgeel as long as well.
Though having to get into a car service for future ap[ppoinemtns will be dome with some kind of walker ...but i'll probably have an aide for that too- I'll need that extra longer walking distance experience! gak! :uhoh:

for those dropping 1st time I fractured my right ankle on 4/6 missed the last step on wood stairs and whammo. I reaslly thopught i only had a bad sprain b/c 1 of my previos sprains ( left ankle) I "saw Stars" SOOOO PAINFUL this wasn't as bad , needed surgery with screws ! (4/19)

anyway addtional prayers/good wishes/ vibes for this specific day gratefully excpeted! :heart:

Thanks again!!!

:) and :(

My docotr/surgeon is very happy that
the swelling has gone done ALOT, if not all gone. :yippie: And that I've experienced very little pain once past the IV pain killer drip was removed.

On the otherhand

I've got 4 more weeks with
STRICT Non-Weight Bearing
instructions.:ohmy::crack:

\
He wants me to stay in the rehab place since he dosen't think i'll be safe enought at home to
comply with the instructions... (not b/c I don't want to ....... )

The Rehab person (very nice, all the PT/OT folks I've been with are very nice)sez she dosen't think she can justify that amount of stay. I'm now scheduled to leave on 5/16. :|

SO now I have to fight over this to get aleast 2 -3 weeks more! 4 week is just too DAUNTING even w a part time aide and PT 3 days aweek from a Visiting Nurse Service.

It's partly my bathroom configuration space( not much). I don't think they call install heavy enough bars by the loo- like they have here to feel at least mostly safe .
UGH.

And my doc didn't write down he really prefered mne to stay the full 4 weeks....just wrote not safe enough to go home and have an next apptment ealy June.

SO I have tocall one of his aides to get me a fax of him stating just that!

I'm trying to fight for at least 2 - 3 weeks. doing 2 will be hard but better than 4!!!
I want more strength exercises!

In a Better Amercia/USA I wouildn't be having this problem....like a bunch of you here now and in earlier years who have run into this "INSURANCE pay for....NOT!!!" serious problems ! :sad:

The nurse took the stitches out. Thats the most pain I've felt in a while.
Never had stitches taken out before. (luckily)

WHAT FUCKING WEIRD SENSATION!!!! I've sewed here and there - so iknow the feeling of pulling thread through materials.....
ONLY this time I'M "the Material" :ohmy::huh::crack:

ANY good lucks etc are appreiciated !

the one FUN thing Is when the supplier of the new big black 2 part boot finished velcroing me up I :lol: and assked where was the rest of my Darth Vader costume! :D

But NOW I have to get used to it b/c it's a bit longer than the orignal cast and the "imprimnt" of the "foot" is wider as well so it's (gently so far) touching the ground when befoer it wasn't. SO I have lift my leg higher etc :/
The one good thing OS that this IS a walking boot (rounded bottom to help simulate the roll of foot motion when walking) which I'll be right readt for when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom