The Return of the Sad_Girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello! anyone out there remember me? I've been AWOL for several months now - no internet connection and the responsibilities of parenthood have taken me away, but I'm back!

I've missed my girls terribly! :hug: I think about this place and our boys all the time though, and now that it looks like I may get to be back here once in awhile I wanted to catch up; but it's hard to search threads with the baby in one arm, chewing on my shoulder andpulling my hair :lol:

So I thought maybe I could post a forum where you all could catch me up on how you've been, what the boys have been up to, etc...

Looking forward to chatting with you all soon! :heart:

:hyper:

SG!!??!!

I've missed my girls terribly! I think about this place and our boys all the time though, and now that it looks like I may get to be back here once in awhile I wanted to catch up; but it's hard to search threads with the baby in one arm, chewing on my shoulder andpulling my hair

:giggle: One of the many skills a Modern Mom, or Modern Dad @ Home must learn!

{{{ BIG hugs}}} to you & (less little) Mercy Rose! :heart:
How are you doing?!?

Definitely missed ya, very glad to see you! So.....
Welcome back sweetie!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Various Updates........

If you remember Elissarian she's just popping back in (separate thread) for the first time in a while, with her mommy-hood in tow! :)

There's New Premium Member Categories, Bells & Whistles even for non-premium members!

Wel--l the boys delayed their Nov album till ? Feb '09. tho some Interlanders are skeptical and think it'll show up in Nov '09. Hope not!

There have been threads in EYKIW a with people who have had links to various BEach Clips- some which may be part of the new album (some pretty exciting stuff on some IMHO :D )
B's been runnin' 'round the world as usual.

Look at GG2 (galeon girl's) siggy in the PGP there's a very HOT Adam :hyper: pic you're sure to drool over!!!

---------------------------------------------
I wish I could say my year has been gggrrreeaaatttt..... but it hasn't been as good :sigh:........

Yes, {thank the powers} there have been SOME good, very fun & wonderous times......
...but (I don't remember if you saw my thread in May-- but my dear, sweet :heart:Mom:heart: died after a relatively short & unexpected condition, which because of decaedes old complications from the older asthma medicines caused her too much effort & complications to go on.... she had enough of fighting (this time), and wouldn't aacept certain life-saving procedures, so it was a matter of days .......

It's now, of course, the First Christmas/New Year Without A Beloved Parent and... it's getting tough again as the Holidays approach.

ANd about a month ago I just had my big cataract removed in my Right Eye removed order to see what was happening with my retina-- it appeared to be detaching. :yikes: It was, of a certain type.
I have had nearly a month of very good healing, but all of a sudden since late Sat I'm getting what appear to be similar early symptoms of what I had in the first place. NNnnOOoooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

I'm seeing my doc tomorrow....
at least I am seeing him a week earlier than the first time -- I didn't realize what was happening at first back in early Nov because the symptoms were fleeting and differt at first-- NOT like the things I'd been warned about to cal lhim if they happened (which was only a 5% chance once I got diagnosed with a retina problem around ?5 years ago) . ... so maybe it will be much less of a problem to fix. :help:

To leave you with a more fun piece of news-- I've taught myself via Web instructions to crochet! : D It's been lots of fun!
ANd it perks up certain sculptural possibilities in me , besides doing typical crocheting which I am doing now.

Drea-- will remain Afghan Queen of Interland b/c I'd find that TOO boring to do for me.

Bri pops by on occasion.
Wild's having medical issues and her dear aunt bad stuff too.
Even Russty's popped in too.
Dis remains mostly away.
VP spends a lot of time in LS in the cats thread & sometime in the Political stuff, too.

Until I see I see you on-line in real time take care-- Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2009 !!

Hey SG! Hope you and the baby are doing ok! :hug:

I'm sure I must have done something interesting the last year, but alas, I can not remember it, if that is the case. Ehm... I'm sure I'll come up with something... some other time... :D

I'm around on all the wrong times, but hopefully I'll catch you sometime! :hug:

SG?? :shocked: :faint:

We've missed you! Dazz gave a pretty good summary, so I won't repeat it :lol:

So when do we get to see more pics of our Pleban niece? :wink: :hug:

It's nice to see you back SG :hug:

My updates: Like Dazz, I also lost a parent. My mom died in July after months of rehabs and hospital visits that started in Febuary. She died of basically blood infections (but her certificate says something that I can't spell).

Again, Like Dazz..this will also be my first holiday season without my mom...but she wasn't as big on the modern version of Christmas because she felt like everyone lost the true meaning of the holiday.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f234/deepest-condolences-to-weldy-on-the-loss-of-her-mother-188436.html if you want to check it out.

I'm doing fine otherwise :D :hug:

:hug:
I've turned into a bit of a lurker. Mr. LG and I bought our first home earlier this year, then got into a car accident a month after we moved in. Nothing major, but $9 grand worth of damage to our car. My 18 year old niece had a baby (my avi, but I kind of pointed her ears a bit). And one of our kitties got diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a few weeks ago. It's not terrible, she just needs a pill twice a day. Other than that, I'm just still trying to work my way out of the U2 debt I incurred from the last tour so I can go to more shows on the next tour!

If you come to Seattle, let me know. :)

OMG SG! :ohmy: :hyper: :hug:

We have missed you for sure. I've been wondering how you and Mercy have been too...
I wonder how many new mothers decide to get their hair cut... :giggle:

Nothing very interesting going on in my corner of the world... short holiday in Queensland, thinking of moving to the UK next year to work for a while, but this economic stuff may defer that. :grumpy:

Great to see you! :hug:

PS:... I LOVE your avatar. Animal rules!! :rockon:

SG. :hyper::kiss: We've missed you. :hug: Hope you are both doing well. I still haven't seen a pic yet of Mercy, i kept missing you online when you posted them.

Whats new with me?

Not much. Still with Craig, had an holiday with him. I went ith him his sister and her family. They failed, they were quite selfish but thats a whole other thread. :wink: I enjoyed the bits with me and craig by ourselves. :lol:

I haven't been on here much either, RL caught up, was often feeling too tired. I've recently got into Gossip Girl ( the outfits :drool: ) and got back into Buffy. I am looking forward to Xmas as i get time of work. :lol:

:hyper: I passed my driving test and got a car recently. :love:

Oh and you will see in my signature I MET BONO at last. :hyper: It was in May at Hanover Quay. Also met Edge there and Adam. Bono asked my name the day after the original meeting, i was like :faint: If you want to check the story out its here: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-meeting-bono-and-edge-21-05-08-a-186860.html

Thats about all my news. Hope to speak to soon. :kiss:

So nice to see you, SG! :hug: I too hope you're able to post some pictures of little Mercy!

I don't stop in the PGP as much these days, but saw this thread and had to come say hello.

I'm doing well - keeping busy and out of trouble (mostly :wink: ) with lots of work, training for various 10k runs (I did my first in April, and am addicted!), and so on.

I went to South Africa for 3 weeks this summer, which was a dream come true. It was an incredible, life-changing experience, and I hope to get back to Africa again some day. There's a possibility of me going to Uganda to work in AIDS clinics and orphanages in 2009, but there's a lot to figure out before I can even apply. I hope it does happen, though.

All in all, life is good. I miss you lots, and hope to see you around again soon! :hug:

portraitsadamcoolcf3.jpg

:sexywink:

SG! Hows that baby doing?:heart: She must be growing like a weed....they tend to do that.

I now have another munchkin..she's 2 and a half months now, Wilder is 20 months..time is FLYING by.

I don't get on here as much as I'd like..but I do think about you girls alot. Glad you're back:wave:

SG! :hug: Good to see you back

Everyone! :hug:

Sorry I haven't been on as much lately ... I've had a talent for coming on when no one else is around. And I keep hanging out in the Springsteen thread, too.

What I've been doing: Last August my family and I went to Alaska to visit my stepsister. Very nice trip -- and we were there when Sarah Palin was nominated as vice president.

I've also received my share of bad news lately: I had a health scare this summer (I turned out to be okay, thank God).

And I found out Thursday afternoon my job is being eliminated as of early January due to economic reasons. So now I'm just trying to get through the holidays and preparing myself to job hunt in earnest.

Looking forward to the new U2 album (and a new Springsteen album in late January)!

:giggle: I love you guys!

I hav limited time and access to the 'net at the moment, but every chance I get I check in. I don't always get the chance to type anything though!

My little Mercy is precocious and usually if I try to type it ends up with a lot of extra letters and spaces from little hands grabbing at the keyboard. She's six months old now and the absolute love of my life! But to call her a handful would be an understatement! :lol:

I was working as a school custodian for awhile but the school district ran out of money and decided to privatize - sub-contracting with other companies for such things. They are trying to do twice the work with half the people and I just couldn't keep up. So it's back on the old job hunt - like a lot of other people are these days! :sigh: But I have a great family, so I'm doing alright and I'm sure something will turn up before too long.

Dis, congratulations on the second little one! :ohmy: :heart: they are truly amazing creatures, aren't they? I swear she get's bigger and smarter right before my eyes every single day!

:hug:'s to all of you, especially Weldy, Dazz and Wild :heart:

Thank you GG! :combust: I can't believe I forgot just how nice the view was around here :drool:

ah noooo, missed you by like 15 mins!
I just remembered to get back here after 6PM when you seem to check in......

My little Mercy is precocious and usually if I try to type it ends up with a lot of extra letters and spaces from little hands grabbing at the keyboard. She's six months old now and the absolute love of my life! But to call her a handful would be an understatement! :lol:

:cute: :lol:
all squiggly, wiggly & Big Eyes looking out at the World, with little hands soon to follow!

Wait! Wouldn't that be like....DRUKEN POSTING? :lol:
I'm sure WE could dechipher it!

:hug:'s to all of you, especially Weldy, Dazz and Wild :heart:
aaawwww

Thank you GG! :combust: I can't believe I forgot just how nice the view was around here :drool:

AND just think how great the view will be at Tour TIme !:hyper::drool::hyper:

:giggle:

SG! :hug: Glad to hear everything is good with you and Mercy!! Nothing too exciting going on down here...just got home from school for winter break. Hopefully I'll catch you in PGP one of these days :heart:

Sami! :hug: I was just thinking about you! Hope everything is going well for you; and to see you around soon :heart:

Dazz - yes, my dad comes home from work, has dinner and then likes to play with the baby on weekdays so about six o'clock is when I usually have a chance to pop in. :) Of course, with the holidays, everything will probably be off schedule for awhile :shrug:

and as far as U2 on tour :drool: I'm totally going to start training Mercy to dance to my U2 concert DVD's so B won't be able to resist pulling her up on stage - just as soon as she can stand :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom