Some good Pleban Vibes needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHoney

Blue Crack Distributor
A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are R
I ask for you prayers and good vibes for my Aunt Theresa

Tomorrow she'll have surgery, to discover what is making her ill. For the last 18 months she has been sick, she's had to have bi-weekly iron infusions, and since January this year she has only been able to eat soup and baby food as she can't swallow solid food.

The hospital have done scans, x-rays, etc and still haven't been able to find the "blockage". She has polpys just like me, although hers are a lot worse. They do know that her stomach is literally covered in them, but insist that they aren't what's causing it.She's lost so much weight it's scary.

So they operate tomorrow, the surgeon may have to remove her stomach. They honestly have to idea until they open her up what will happen.

My grandad (Her dad) passed with from Stomach, bowel and Pancreatic cancer and my nan (her mum) from Pancreatic cancer.

My poor mum is trying to be brave but she's scared it's cancer, my dad who hates hospitals even went to see her. We wonder if the hospital have told my aunt everything as this operation was scheduled for 22nd September and she's been called in now. Believe me our local hospital are more likely to cancel your operation than move it forward.

So if you can send some love our way, if anything else it makes me feel better knowing that my friends worldwide are sending good vibes and prayers to help us through

How i was saying to Zooey, today i did a promise that i won't eat chocolate and meat anymore and is for your aunt and her sister :hug:
(i believe in these things :reject:)
i really hope that everything get fine :hug:
so now it's official. :pray:

Thanks girls :hug:, it means so much :kiss:

Just spoke to mum, still no news. The operation nearly didn't go ahead as my aunt's blood count was too low, but the surgeon insisted that it can't wait so she was given some. She's meant to be in surgery now and my mum was told to call at 7pm

Thanks girls :hug:

My aunt is still in the ICU and in a lot of pain but otherwise ok. The surgeon came around when my mum was there.They had to remove her stomach and have made a small dummy one. They removed a polyp the size of a melon which the lab is doing tests on. He said he'd never seen anything like it and he intends to do a paper on our family condition.

We're at a bit of a loss how a melon sized mass didn't show up on a xray :shrug: but hopefully for now she'll get better. I hope and pray that no more polyps grow.

Thanks girls :hug:

My aunt is still in the ICU and in a lot of pain but otherwise ok. The surgeon came around when my mum was there.They had to remove her stomach and have made a small dummy one. They removed a polyp the size of a melon which the lab is doing tests on. He said he'd never seen anything like it and he intends to do a paper on our family condition.

We're at a bit of a loss how a melon sized mass didn't show up on a xray :shrug: but hopefully for now she'll get better. I hope and pray that no more polyps grow.

MASSIVE :hug:'s to you and your family Wild. I really hope the surgeon get to the bottom of all of this for your Aunt and your family. We're all here for you :hug:

Oh my gosh, I've never heard of someone having their stomach removed! Best wishes for her speedy recovery so she can get out of the ICU but I'm sure it's the best place for her right now. :hug:s to you and your family.

Wow. That's incredible... Lots of :hug:s for you all!!

I've never heard of people having their stomachs removed either... :yikes:

I hope your aunt makes a speedy recovery! :hug:

ARGH! that just sounds painful. But hopefully this will have her on the right path to mending up. :hug:

I cannot begin to imagine experiencing a surgery like this. But then I am sure it's been done before. I just hope it's not going to be a long and difficult recovery filled with complications. So positive vices and prayers from me. For sure. :up:

I spoke to my mum, last night my aunt had a bad turn and they took her down for a CT scan. She also contracted Pneumonia but hopefully they've caught it on time. As far as we know the CT scan came back ok.

The surgeon told her that if he'd waited the 3 weeks ( until 22nd Sept) he is in nio doubt she wouldn't have made it :sad:

She was a bit better today although it's 2 steps forward. 3 steps back. As yet they haven't feed her solids, just Interveinusly at the moment.

As i said to my mum obviously the angels are with my aunt :hug:

Thanks once more for all your support, it means so much to me that my friends are with me in thought & prayers :kiss::hug:

Back
Top Bottom