So, I'm thinking about shaving my legs again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: seriously?

I just use shave gel and the Venus Vibrance razor. Use a gel with aloe if you havent shaved in years. (yikes?)

I use a body wash by Olay that has some hare-brained thing called "creme ribbons" in it. It works great to shave with as well, after lathering up.

I like it because the magical "creme ribbons" keeps my skin moisturized and I don't need to put on body lotion - and I am a gal who loves her body lotion!

Prior to the miraculous invention of "creme ribbons," I used plain old soap to shave in the shower. Never had an issue, but some people find it too drying on their skin with the razor and all.

I think that's the razor I use, too. Venus something. With gel strips! Ooh, so fancy.

I used to like shaving gel, but then I got annoyed by having yet another bottle or this-or-that in my shower when soap worked fine.

yeah, using shaving lotion also bugged the crap out of me because i'd go through it so quickly. i've not bothered with that for 10+ years, but i think i went through like a freaking bottle a week or something. nothing a little extra moisturizer after the shower won't fix.

It's the Venus Vibrance? Best.

Bild-1_360x300.jpg

I'm Italian so I really need the shave gel. Soap just doesnt cut it. :reject:

I am blonde but I have black hair on my legs which seems to be a little evolutionary souvenir. When I was born, I had black hair but it fell out a couple of days after birth :lol:

So yes I have to shave my legs if I want to wear short skirts in summer, otherwise I'd look like a little monkey.

I only use a razor and cream or gel and afterwards some mild lotion, because my skin tends to be irritated and I often get a rash from shaving. I cannot have any other shaving method because I'm too sensitive. However, I just love the feeling of freshly shaved and creamed legs.

Ahhh. This is the help I needed. Thanks.

Yeah, Sicy, it's been years. :reject:

So, we like Venus razors and shave creme/gel mostly. Any particular brand of shave gel?

I'll check these out when I get back from Flagstaff next week. My problem, aside from laziness, is that I can't balance in the shower when my leg is close enough to my eyes to see. No balance and bad eyesight is a bad combination.

i like skintimate shave gel. i love their strawberry tangerine one. :reject:

and i hear you about the lack of balance. i love my shower because each of the four corners are level with the edge of the bathtub. so i can actually balance my foot on something. whenever i shave elsewhere i'm always afraid i'm going to fall over. i used to be able to balance at least somewhat, but after my foot surgery it's gone. (apparently this happens, wtf?)

I am blonde but I have black hair on my legs which seems to be a little evolutionary souvenir. When I was born, I had black hair but it fell out a couple of days after birth :lol:

So yes I have to shave my legs if I want to wear short skirts in summer, otherwise I'd look like a little monkey.

I only use a razor and cream or gel and afterwards some mild lotion, because my skin tends to be irritated and I often get a rash from shaving. I cannot have any other shaving method because I'm too sensitive. However, I just love the feeling of freshly shaved and creamed legs.

I"m blonde with really pale skin and dark leg hair. Even when I shave every day I still have little stubbly bits you can see. :angry:

Does the vibrator-thingy really make it better?

I only turn on the vibrator part if I'm going around my knobby knees or other hard to reach places.

Why the hell would a razor need to vibrate?!

See above. :wink:

i like skintimate shave gel. i love their strawberry tangerine one. :reject:

That's the one I use too.

yeah, waxing sucks. i only bother with that for my eyebrows. there's nair and other depilatories, but i think they suck. plus they smell.

This. Eyebrows only.

I had my legs waxed once, and was disappointed in the results. Yeah, I didn't have to shave for quite a while, but it still left me with very fine hair on my legs. It wasn't the end of the world - you couldn't see it, but I could feel it, and that bugged me.

I had someone tell me that was common with the first time you had a leg wax, but I wasn't sure if that was BS or not.

yeah, waxing sucks. i only bother with that for my eyebrows. there's nair and other depilatories, but i think they suck. plus they smell.

I got a horrible chemical burn from Nair once, because my skin is ridiculously sensitive. So yeah, there's another drawback...
I tried it because I get sick of shaving. Never again.

I'd rather shave everyday then deal with the itch that I get from that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom