Send some prayers please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shocked:

OMG! JC :hug: I had NO IDEA!! I'm so so sorry to hear this sad news. Sending you massive hugs from downunder :hug: :hug: :hug:

{{{ Big Hugs}}}

for you jcos & your fam.......

I'm doing pretty well to good. Sometimes i get more forgetful or cranky, a tad mixed-up etc, but that's to be expected. I did have some nasty (5) weeks a few weeks back (to be expected). Then I suddenly noticed a few days in- that I wasn't feeling like that anymore (for now). I expect I'll have more like that again. I'm relived I don't feel like that for now (past 3 weeks or so)

As you probably reckon......
keep an extra eye out for your kids.... for their reactions over the next few weeks. :hug:

{{{ Big Hugs}}}

for you jcos & your fam.......

I'm doing pretty well to good. Sometimes i get more forgetful or cranky, a tad mixed-up etc, but that's to be expected. I did have some nasty (5) weeks a few weeks back (to be expected). Then I suddenly noticed a few days in- that I wasn't feeling like that anymore (for now). I expect I'll have more like that again. I'm relived I don't feel like that for now (past 3 weeks or so)

As you probably reckon......
keep an extra eye out for your kids.... for their reactions over the next few weeks. :hug:

I will, thats really good advice!!! :hug:

Glad to hear the kids seem to be doing OK. For now anyway, they may ask more questions or show some emotions later. That happened with my son when my dad passed. My son was 7 and he didn't shed a tear. Then several months later he started asking questions and acting out, crying and missing his grandpa. Now he's 22 and he says he doesn't hardly remember any of that let alone when my dad died. Thankfully he remembers all the good times they had before my dad got sick. I am happy with that.

You'll be surprised when you least expect it your son will talk about him, no doubt. He may not remember now. Give him time. Sometimes (as with my son) he didn't really fully understand death and just didn't want to talk about it or his grandfather. When he was ready once he was older, he began remembering and talking about him (teens).

:hug: jcos

everyone reacts a little to very differently...a big spectrum and mix of of when/how/mild to intense/ frequency/ single to multiple waves etc.

:scratch:
With me....when my only grandfather died (dad's side)
....he was sick for a while and my dad took me with him to the hospital he was in, and had me wait outside.......
He never came home again after that bout w throat ? voice box cancer....( did not want the surgery to become voiceless, or that thing they use- this was way back in ? '59 or '60- for some kind of speech).....he had been a heavy alcohalic and a smoker.

Somehow I understood right away that he was never coming back, that he was GONE, and I was only 7. He was the first person, and only person in my fam/extended fam for 2 decades (till '80) that died of people I knew pretty to very well. ˆwas very Lucky.

Okay, so we're in Cooperstown New York, at Baseball Tournaments until Thursday. While walking to one of the fields, my husbands cell phone rings...it's my motherinlaw calling to tell my husband that her mother passed away this morning. This is my husbands grandmother who was 94. She was living in a nursing home and had gotten pnemonia for the second time. So now we are just waiting to find out arrangements, before we tell my son who is playing. We will probably have to leave in the middle of games to attend the funeral. Its like a repeat of last week. When it rains it really does pour!!!!

Oh noooooooo....that is a horrible string of bad luck you guys are having to deal with! Sooo sorry to hear this news. You poor kids! That's just too much death in one family. All my best wishes, prayers and condolescence to you and the family. :hug:

Since you dear friends have given me a heads up I did notice a couple of things outta character with both of my kids. Thanks again.

aaawwww :hug:
glad to be of help in tough times

good to know you caught some stuff (IF it was going to happen) :hug:S

BUT i just caught the top of current page saying ??? something else bad happoend???

am continuing to read....rest of thread.....

Okay, so we're in Cooperstown New York, at Baseball Tournaments until Thursday. While walking to one of the fields, my husbands cell phone rings...it's my motherinlaw calling to tell my husband that her mother passed away this morning. This is my husbands grandmother who was 94. She was living in a nursing home and had gotten pnemonia for the second time. So now we are just waiting to find out arrangements, before we tell my son who is playing. We will probably have to leave in the middle of games to attend the funeral. Its like a repeat of last week. When it rains it really does pour!!!!

:ohmy::ohmy:

:( :(

:yikes:

:hug::hug:

Thanks, so yesterday up here in Cooperstown we made the decision to leave my son up here, since it is a once in a lifetime chance to play here, with another family to supervise him. We took a 4 hour drive home, went to the wake and then went home to sleep. While we were in the funeral home we got a call saying that my son hit a home run. Thats a biggie to do in Cooperstown. I took it as Gods way of sayinng you made the right decision. Then this morning we went to the burial and right from there made a 4 hour trek back to Cooperstown. My son was playing another game at that time and hit another home run. I'd like to think it was Gods grace!!! We made it back in time where we watched a playoff of game that they lost. Now we have some time together until we leave on Friday!

I did notice that the black cloud that was following us disappeared today. :applaud:

I hope its all over and we can move on now. And my son had a wonderful experience after loosing his grandfather and came home with 2 homerun balls!!!

Back
Top Bottom