Prayers/Good Vibes for Dazz's Sister (please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:|:|:| ....................
UPDATE

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
M ysis has to go for a UNEXPECTED procedure:crack:

while as my friend tried to get me out of my"worser-case scenario" kind of thinking after
I just found out ( THIS PAST Mon - too little time where i am to post till now)--
THAT this "is good" in that they're taking no chances....

the team didn't wholly come to an unamoinous descision on the take or not take the Radioactive Iodine..... tho i think more than not did

here's the kicker....

they found inside the thyroid TWO OTHER Cancer--- i think she called them ?? "Loci"-- she's not the best w med stuff in "wanting to know everything" and tend to deny or not attend to some things....

so BESDIES the radioctive drink she comes back ?next day or so and

has a Full Body Scan to see if the stuff picks up :yikes::yikes:
any other cancer spots :sad::sad:

NOW-- they are more hopeful than not that they WON'T FIND anything but they want to BE sure .!
which IS a good that they're checking thing BUT WE WERE NOT EXPECTING THIS as of previous consult... period!

It'll be sometime ion ?3 - 4ish weeks from now.

AND Because of our friend-- who also got slack in checking out certain things symptoms etc or not pushing her docs enough----
AND WE'LL never KNOW...

If she had gone and found out about her cancer in Jan 09 instead of April 09 whether she could have pulled through.
AS it was my sis's other friend who's a nurse (who's our consultant) she said ...
that our friend having the surgery in May did prolong her life by several months. B'/c from her( nurse's) observation of how she physically looked (cancer mass) before and after surgery... she would have most likely died by end of June.

it's my sis can't totally since she experience much more how her friend looked before/after and then later as she got worse.

She and I kept canceling on each other in Jan - Feb '09 getting together. She was wearing cloths that were hiding her stomach area.

And then she didn't reschedule because she was having more problems that led up to the diagnosis in April. I was still recovering from my eye operation and we were getting ready to bury our mom's ashes so all that was occupying my mind in April, as well.

so it's a few weeks off and i'll post when we have a set date.....

advanced*** thanks *** again
:hug:S

:hug::hug::hug:

thank you ali, purple and Kristen!

had a nasty, bad :sad: dream last night, but more balanced now in my thinking today. :)

and unfortunately as you have said Ali your friends have suffered the cancer chemo side-effect :sigh:

you're what in your late teens early 20s? are these older friends or unlucky younger friends?

:der::der::der::der:

It turns out that the Body scan IS a MUCH More\\COMMON procedure than I thot it was!

I was told by a friend how also had that cancer and they do do this afterwards.

SO my sis wasn't surprised, only me! ( which better than the other way around)

:der::der::der::der:

It turns out that the Body scan IS a MUCH More\\COMMON procedure than I thot it was!

I was told by a friend how also had that cancer and they do do this afterwards.

SO my sis wasn't surprised, only me! ( which better than the other way around)

Exactly. My mom has had several of them, it's a precautionary thing. :up:

Hang in there sweetie, I'm sure the news will be good. :hug: :hug: :heart:

thanks Purple:hug:

UPDATE

her set up & procedure
starts April 1 and finishes April 8th.

She goes in for ? 3 plus out patient visits.... 2 involve getting meds and other final checks and tweaks...... then she drinks the radioactive iodine.

I'm guessing the fourth is the reporting and hopefully CLEAN BILL of HEALTH.

and as we get there she'll let me know what i can do for her.

Back
Top Bottom