Prayers for my friend Janice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's Doll

New Yorker
My friend of many years Janice last week had to have surgery for a ruptured appendix & the doctors found a tumor on her kidney & well they said it's pre-cancerous--but anyway just the mention of that C word puts us all in a panic. Her prognosis is good but she has to have further surgery next week to remove part of her colon. Prayers & positive vibes her way please. She is one of those people who always thinks of others. :heart::pray:

:ohmy:

:hug:babydoll :hug: janice

WHat I've heard from people in somewhat similar situations, and read --

sometimes a person gets one pre-cancerous tumor, and maybe they don't ever get another one ever again.

Other people have yearly check-ups to see if there are polyps - which can turn cancerous if left alone for years on end. But the check-up usually catches them before hand b/c many are slow growing. And it doesn't mean necessarily that they're going to have them( polyps) every year.

From what you've been told-- your friend does sound like she has a very good chance of being really good after everything else is taken care of.

While not sure (taking some what educated guess from decades of family & now friend's medical conditions and emergencies, and just reading on medical stuff off & on) - I'd think the ruptured appendix didn't effect most of her colon, so not much is being removed>. (if that's any comfort)

yes surgery (esp if the person is under full anethstisia, but not always) is major-- its degrees of Major, Very Major, Urgent (and if you don''t get the urgent stuff done often that turns into) Emergency surgery.

And it's very stressful........

be with your friend as much as you can/she wants you to be --whether in person, by phone, by text etc

Share alot of fun stuff, and well as be a shoulder for her to lean on..

IF she's into any Holistic approaches along with mainstream medicine--

getBorion's Arnica Montana 30C Homeopathic remedy-
little round pellets you put under your tongue-

it works on a vibrational level- so very rare for drug interaction-

and this one helps speed healing of injuries (like in sports), bruising, inflamtion etc

MY sis & mom have used it for their surgeries & heavy dnetal work.

I've used it for heavy dental work (and have never needed to use the heavy duty pain-killers afterwards, just plain aspirin sometimes, and usually only one round of such)

Also for what it's worth-- people who have eye surgery -often have the "racoon", or "barfight"eye bruising afterwards--
I had a cataract removed, and a micro-torn retina which caused partial detachment as fluid got behind the retina- repaired at the same operation.

Other than some mild swelling of the lid I had no discoloration-- except in the white part of my eye for 3 days or so? Quite amazing, I thot.
I attribute it to prayers/good vibes from friends & fam, (and here) plus the Arnica montana.....
.....so I recccomend it!

Also if you feel up to it and feel ok with it--

you could also google up-
Hand Asanas (Muhdras) I have A SET i printed out - there's one SPECIFICALLY for Immune Boosting which would be helpful for your friend in the long run!
I'm using that one (as preventive re Immune System) b/c it also works on the eyes!

good luck again & keep us posted bdl :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'll send postive vibes and prayers for her :hug:

My friend Betty needs prayers too--she was let go yesterday after working here 21 years. We are all in shock. :angry:

Thanks for your prayers-Janice had her surgery Friday & all went well. She does not have cancer-but the doctors removed some of her colon that was suspicious. :heart: Betty still isn't working. My daughter have moved out & I'm happy for her (sad for me-miss her:sad:)

Hey you guys--sorry I have not been around much--I guess as I get older time seems to just pass by so quickly. Janice is back at work & doing well but feeling really tired (she came back two weeks ago & the doctor said not til Sept 14) She was worried about her work. Betty still hasn't found a job--keep praying for her--she's devistated. Love to you all & sorry for all the Birthdays I have missed. :hug::hug:

:hug: glad to hear your friend Janice is on the mend :up: and huge :hug: and positive energy to your friend Betty :hug: . . . thats' tough, I'm not suprised she is devastated . . . it might take her a little while to get over the shock of it all and regain her confidence but am sure the perfect job is just around the corner :hug:

Back
Top Bottom