Prayers for Dazz's Sister's Friend needed!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:sigh:
Just found this out now.

This friend is named Debbie. She is one of my sis's longest time close- friends met as an adult in her 20's which is arouind 25+ years ago.

She has a very bad case (had to go the hospital) of diverticulitis which has turned into an infected, and abcessed area as well. She has some health issues already compounded by strtess from a lot of other family medical issues in the past several years. She will have some surgery done. The have to figure out which type to do.

Shle's a lovely woman: funny, caring, smart. Becuase of her many years working in hospital setting, she has picked up alot of info, and has helped my sis and our whole family at times of varous medical crisis.

She also was one who survived the WTC (North) towers fall b/c she had been fired friom her job 2 weeks earlier from the 104th floor, which of course at the immediate time was a big lousy thing to have had happened and then.... Very few people made it out from that tower. She never would have made it down the stairs.

My sis lost one of her longest time friends (from HS) last year...... :crack:

Any ~~prayers, good luck, good vibes, good wishes~~ sent her way are MUCH Appreciated!

*** Thanks in Advance***
Dazzled

Oh, my good lord, she's been through a lot! Sorry to hear that about her losing her friend, and the WTC thing-freaky :ohmy:!

She sounds cool. I'm sorry to hear about her painful situation, here's hoping they can figure out the best way to treat her and she gets better as soon as possible :hug:. Definitely keeping her in my thoughts :).

Angela

Oh my gosh, send her my best. :hug: My dad had diverticulitis (or diverticuolous or something those lines :crack::lol:) earlier this year and it was really scary for us all. But if my dad could get through it, then anyone can. :hug:

:hug:s thank you laura, amy, casmaras, BLP & rachel

and some good news!!

she does not have Crohn's Disease,
and the surgery ( preformed today but haved heard yet) is akward but Non-invasive! she'llbe home in a day or so.

thanks again!:heart::wave:

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

i just found out my sister's friend died yesterday afternoon!

The surgery had to be longer there was a bit more complication, and had to go under general anethesia but worked out ok.

She was sent back to the smaller non-surgical (but part of the bigger) Hospital after she got a all clear.

A few hours later- she hadn't been eating for almost 2 weeks so she was weak, and she did have some other problems but still.
A different friend (that my sis was also friends) was with her. She had some bit of a breathing problem but wasn't serious, and was coughing here and there but she'd been doing that off & on.

At one point she came out of the bathroom feeling weak, hanging on the wall. She got helped back into bed. Not too much later she collapsed back into bed. Her freind screamed, the docs came running. Had the paddles and she was gone within about a half hour.

My sis is in shock. And feels very guilty that she wasn't there, because since the surgery went longer she had to do things, and she switched places with the friend who was there. An my sis was then going to go last night instead. Or something like that It's a bit mixed up in my head.

She was my sister's best friend, best Bud. And those who do know she lost her 2nd longest time (about 40 yrs from HS) friend ( while sometimes she got frustrated with over the last ?20 yrs but still loved her dearly, and spent plently of time with her as well) only at the beginning of Sept LAST Year.!!

this is SOOOOOOOO FUCKING UNFAIR!!!! :scream:

(I just worry alot when things like this happen for the people most affected )

As I said first post she was very sweet, very funny . We almost only saw each other later on vs occasionally running into each at certain events-- when there were faimily emergencies in my family (including my mom's funeral & then the year later when her ashes interned last yr).

Back
Top Bottom