Postitive thoughts please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes. I just saw this. What a horrible experience. Hope you're feeing better and that they didn't find anything worse.

And funny, I was in a pretty bad place this weekend and watched Outside It's America to make me feel better too.

:hug:s for you!

Ok. This is a long story but I just need to get it out.

I have been out of school for three months because I have been diagnosed with an illness called mesenteric lymphadenitis. It is when the lymph nodes near my appendix and such, are inflamed and they hurt. I've been getting bad pain attacks about every day for these past months. It also comes with fatigue so I'm extremely tired and sometimes sleeping for 14 hours or more. There's also an upper respiratory infection that stays with me until this is over. I find it hard to breathe a lot of the time so I have an albuterol inhaler that I take twice every four hours or so. It's gotten so bad that I've used it 4 times within a half hour.

I've been extremely depressed lately since I'm basically staying in my house all the time with pain. At least my friend visits about every week. :)

Now on Monday, I'm going in to get a colonoscopy and an endoscopy to see if I have anything else other than this illness since it isn't going away (something like reflux or diseased tissue). I can't eat anything tomorrow and take laxatives all day. Just drink things without red or purple dye, I think. Then on Monday I'll go in for the actual surgery. I'll be put out with the general anesthetic.

I'm not sure why, but I'm extremely nervous about this. Not even nervousness really...just...a feeling of apprehension. Not even a specific emotion!

I am extremely happy that new U2 music has come out because Breathe is the uplifting song I needed. :)
Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam are my saviors. :heart:
The doctors said I can bring my iPod to listen to while I'm waiting to be seen and also afterwards when I finally wake up.

I'm just going through a tough time right now. :( Good wishes would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Love,
Liz

I just read this thread for the first time. :sad: You're almost 15 right? Way too young to have to deal with stuff like this. :(

When I was diagnosed with diabetes 3 years ago, U2 definetly helped me get through the hard times. I remember my being able to watch the Vertigo DVD in my hospital room. Definetly cheered me up. :)

Stay strong sweets.

:hug: Liz. Isn't it wonderful what a difference U2 music can make in our lives? I am so glad you have the new music to lift your spirits. Hang in there. I hope you are well soon and back to a normal routine. I wish there was something more we all could do for you. I DO however know what a difference it also makes to us Interlanders just knowing that fellow posters are sending prayers and positive vibes your way when times are tough. It's comforting to know that on a bad day or through troubled times you can log onto Interference and find friends to help make you laugh, smile, and generally keep you going one day at a time.

I hope too that you can wean yourself off the inhaler soon. Hopefully the colonoscopy will come back with answers so you can get necessary treatment and get well.

:hug::hug::hug:

U2 music is such an amazing force. :heart:

Interference provides me with laughs. Never a dull moment around here. :rolleyes: :hug: :hug:

Thanks again for all the laughs and smiles. U2 and you guys are the only thing I have, really(apart from parents and such :) ). U2 music is the soundtrack of my life! :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Interference provides me with laughs. Never a dull moment around here. :rolleyes: :hug: :hug:

Thanks again for all the laughs and smiles. U2 and you guys are the only thing I have, really(apart from parents and such :) ). U2 music is the soundtrack of my life! :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I found in the past and now, U2 get you through so much fear, heartache (insert crisis moment here) in life! They have done for the past few decades for me :heart:

Good luck young un :hug:

U2 is the only thing that makes me happy when I get depressed. I am so glad it works for you as well.

:up: Beautiful and true thought, bonogirl777

Didn't see this thread before... your ARE too young for this crap.
(That junk to drink is the worst of it, i thought, and i was really nervous when i had mine done, too.. YOU ARE VERY BRAVE) I hope it gets sorted out soon very soon, and you are feeling a LOT better. U2 music makes everything better.. no doubt.
:hug:

:hug: :hug:

Aww!! :hug: :heart:

Without music, life would be a mistake. :D

Very well said, Liz! :up:

Doctor got back to us today. She said that all of the results were normal except my colon was extremely swollen. She thinks that it is still the illness I had in the first place. Back to square one. :sigh: Now if only the guidance counselor at school would get back to us about a tutor. :angry:

Now, it's getting hard to stay strong. I just feel like crap. I can't go anywhere or do anything. U2 is the only thing that keeps me sane. :crack: :)
I'm getting grumpy too. Everything just annoys me. I don't know, it's just that when you've been stuck inside your house for so long, you get REALLY bored with day to day things I guess. :sigh: But breaking down into tears a lot isn't good is it? :|
Thank you so much for your kind wishes! :hug:

^ :hug: by the same token you do need to acknowledge that the feelings you are having are real, they are justified, they need to be processed in order for you to get to a better place and often times its healthier to vent, to let them out . . . in order for that process to begin . . . I wish you continued love and peace and patience :hug:

Back
Top Bottom