Positive Vibes please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
As some of you know I have a half sister who disappeared when I was a kid. She was 'gone' for about 18 years until she called me 4 years ago. Since then we've gotten very close. She's had a rough time of things, and just recently left her husband, a soldier back from his 3rd tour in Iraq who came back messed up and abusive. So she was driving a u-haul to Colorado where she was going to stay with a relative for awhile. I hadn't heard from her in a week and was very worried. Got an email from the husband today - she's in an ICU in Kansas with pneumonia - they say for days maybe weeks. She is not very healthy (former drug user, heavy smoker, overweight) and not strong emotionally. I'm so worried she may not have much fight in her. So please, if you can, fight for her. Thanks.

I am sending lots of positive vibes, get well thoughts and prayers your way as well as to your sister. I believe in the power of positive prayer and thoughts! Keep us posted. :hug:

Thanks guys. Right now she's on life support - her lungs are not working. The dr gives her a 50/50 chance of pulling out of this. Please keep us in your thoughts and "if you're the praying kind..." My extended family is helping me through this. Shit, life sucks sometimes.

Thanks guys. Right now she's on life support - her lungs are not working. The dr gives her a 50/50 chance of pulling out of this. Please keep us in your thoughts and "if you're the praying kind..." My extended family is helping me through this. Shit, life sucks sometimes.

I'm so sorry, zooey, that is really scary. Do you know many details? It just seems odd that she would get that sick with pneumonia and not know she was sick, cuz didn't you say she was in the middle of a cross-country move when she ended up in the hospital? That is just so sad, that she was moving and getting ready to start this new life, and then wham! she gets hit with this pneumonia thing, and now she's on life support. Not that she can't still beat this thing! Heck, I was on life support a month or 6 weeks or so ago, and look at me now.

Def. sending good vibes to you and her both. :hug:

Thank you Molly! :hug: My guess is that she's been sick for awhile but while dealing with all the shit with her husband, she didn't really either want to deal with it or it just didn't register, the physical problems were outweighed by the emotional ones.

My aunt, the most spiritual of us all, is on her way to her bedside to help her to the next step of the journey, whatever that may be.

OH man I'm so sorry your family is dealing with all of this. Your all in our thoughts and I'll be praying for her. :hug:

oh my,
i'll really stop eating chocolate and meat, this is a promise... i did this promise but i wasn't getting serius but now i'll stop eating chocolate and meat for your sister and WildHoney aunt.
:hug::hug:
(i believe in these things :reject::reject:)
now it's official.
:pray:
(I did it when i heard that Sian was sick in 2006... :reject:)

Thanks everyone. No news is good news, right?

Last night was the big "Who's going to fly out to Kansas to be in the hospital with her?" debate. I feel like total shit for not going but at the same time, I'd like to think our bond transcends geography - at least that's what I'm telling myself. The second she wakes up (if) I'll be at her side. I just can't... well you know.

Thanks everyone. No news is good news, right?

Last night was the big "Who's going to fly out to Kansas to be in the hospital with her?" debate. I feel like total shit for not going but at the same time, I'd like to think our bond transcends geography - at least that's what I'm telling myself. The second she wakes up (if) I'll be at her side. I just can't... well you know.

I know it's hard. And this is where positive thoughts, vibes and prayers come in. :up: Take care and I'm hoping for the best for you all.

Back
Top Bottom