Positive Vibes please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is off and on awake, and responding to voices. I made a reservation to fly out there a week from today. Wish me... something... luck seems the wrong word... peace? that seems better.

I've been thinking of you too... are you still up there with her, or back home now? I can't remember if I saw something...

:hug: Best vibes and hopes. :hug:

I'm back home now. While I was out there, she made a great deal of improvement early on and they've decided to fight the cancer with radiation and chemo. She can eat liquids and mushy solids and she can move her hands, arms and legs but can't sit or really move herself in the bed (she was unconscious for 2+weeks). She has a trach tube so she can't talk but she can mouth things. I'm the only one who can read her lips really well so she gets frustrated with everyone else. For that reason, I was worried about leaving but, what are you gonna do.

Not much difference between Tuesday and today, improvement wise and the treatments make her really tired which slows down any improvement with the physical therapist and the speech therapist.

Thank you all so much for the prayers and good wishes and all. It means a lot to me. I was just really glad that I got to spend some time with her while she was conscious.

That sounds like such a better outlook than when you first posted! I'm so glad you got to spend time with her :hug:

I hope she can beat the cancer and recover fully. It sounds like you're supporting her as much as you can, and we're here to support you. :hug:

That sounds like such a better outlook than when you first posted! I'm so glad you got to spend time with her :hug:

I hope she can beat the cancer and recover fully. It sounds like you're supporting her as much as you can, and we're here to support you. :hug:

I don't think anyone, including her doctor, is hoping for a full recovery. We're hoping for a few more months of quality life, time to process and get things in order. Palliative care the doctor called it, reducing the symptoms and pain rather than actually fighting the disease.

But thanks again for all the love. It definitely helps. :hug:

I don't think anyone, including her doctor, is hoping for a full recovery. We're hoping for a few more months of quality life, time to process and get things in order. Palliative care the doctor called it, reducing the symptoms and pain rather than actually fighting the disease.

But thanks again for all the love. It definitely helps. :hug:

Wow, that's tough - hope you are holding up okay :hug:

Its gorgeous that you got your wish to spend time with her, hope you both reach a place of peace :hug:

Back
Top Bottom