PLEBAN Holiday Card Exchange 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got cards from Bono Mot and bonocomet today - awesome U2 themed cards, ladies! My son especially loved Comet's card. He was highly entertained by the photoshopping :D

With any luck mine should go out Monday morning! Missed the post today as it wasn't our normal carrier and thus the carrier was like 2 hours early today o_O.

:applaud:I've got 2 cards waiting for me!! :heart:

I'm very upset, I replied almost straight away to your email about taking part in this years card exchange and have been waiting patiently, ever since for you to get back to me with a list of names, and during that time I've been making my own cards, printing them out and everything, but haven't heard back from you! So I decided to come here to check out whats with the delay, only to find that cards are already being sent out and received!?! What happened? Did you not receive my email, which I sent on the november 6th? And is it too late to be included? :sad:

I'm very upset, I replied almost straight away to your email about taking part in this years card exchange and have been waiting patiently, ever since for you to get back to me with a list of names, and during that time I've been making my own cards, printing them out and everything, but haven't heard back from you! So I decided to come here to check out whats with the delay, only to find that cards are already being sent out and received!?! What happened? Did you not receive my email, which I sent on the november 6th? And is it too late to be included? :sad:

Hey don't be upset! errors can be made,
Carek posted here when all the lists where mailed out and asked those who didn't receive to get back to her to sort out any problems.
Did you do that ?
She's really busy and doing the exchange next to that, and she's human ,
so I think something just went wrong here, but no one can be blamed for that.

Carek posted here when all the lists where mailed out and asked those who didn't receive to get back to her to sort out any problems.
Did you do that ?

No I didn't see that message, I've been busy myself with work and Christmas preparations etc. so I don't always have time or even remember to check all the threads here. All I can presume is that Karen didn't get my email, but I contacted her now and she's sorting somthing out. The reason why I'm upset is coz I've got everything ready, special cards made and printed, even bought extra stamps, and all for nothing! :sigh:

Please don't be upset, Helen. I've sorted things out and you have a list of names to send cards to. I've sent it via email AND PM. This year I started the exchange early since I had so much going on and this is my favorite thing each Christmas :heart: In addition to the thread here in PLEBA I also sent emails to those from past years whose email addresses were in my yahoo address book. Some emails were returned to me, but I heard back from quite a number of people, happy that I'd taken the time to send the email (not everyone regularly hangs out in PLEBA). I honestly do not recall receiving an email response from you. Unfortunately the address information from past years was lost when my hard drive crashed this past summer. I did end up sending the lists about a week early this year, trying to stay on schedule with everything I'm currently juggling and keep everything as straight as possible!

Did you do that ?

Thank you for the kind words Joyce.:hug:

No I didn't see that message, I've been busy myself with work and Christmas preparations etc. so I don't always have time or even remember to check all the threads here. All I can presume is that Karen didn't get my email, but I contacted her now and she's sorting somthing out. The reason why I'm upset is coz I've got everything ready, special cards made and printed, even bought extra stamps, and all for nothing! :sigh:

Helen please let me know you have received the list I sent via email and PM please.

NOW....we are in need of volunteers to send 1-2 additional cards to make sure EVERYONE gets cards this year. I'll take the first 8 or so people willing to send 1-2 cards, one int'l and one US. Thanks all....now back to our regularly scheduled holiday card event......

:reject:

The Internet never ceases to amaze me! Helen has confirmed she received the list I sent and she is already working on getting her cards mailed! :applaud:

I feel much better that she is happy and not feeling left out. I don't want anyone to feel left out!!

Got my cards in the mail yesterday and today I got cards from U2Girl416 (Diana) and BluRumGrl (Lisa)!!! Diana, you should come visit me when you're in Cary! And Lisa, omg... this is going right ON the fridge, do not pass go!!! :)

Glad you got my card! :hug: we'll have to plan on something next time I'm in your neighborhood...between my family and some in-laws, I'm booked already. :lol:

I received my first card today, too, from Diana (U2Girl416). Thank you! :wave:

Most of you are way ahead of me. I'm hoping to buy my cards this weekend, and get the international ones out by early next week, US ones by the end of the week.

It was just Thanksgiving last week, how can it be time for Christmas yet!:lol:

You're welcome! :hug:

I might have been on the ball for my US cards, but I haven't gotten my intl ones out yet :reject:

I understand :up: I just wanted to tell you there was no reason to panick!
Problem is getting solved now.

Thank you for the kind words Joyce.:hug:

Got your back! :hifive:

I got cards from BluRmGrl, BonoMot (so nice of you to include shirtless Larry!), Comet, Gopher MacPhisto and U2Girl416 this weekend. Thank you guys so much!

I'll be sending mine out tomorrow. 2 batches got printed wrong and I bought the wrong size envelope :doh: Back to Office Max today.

I got cards from BluRmGrl, BonoMot (so nice of you to include shirtless Larry!), Comet, Gopher MacPhisto and U2Girl416 this weekend. Thank you guys so much!

:applaud: Yay, they're making it to their destinations, I'm always fearful I've done something wrong! :reject: I'm edgecited to go to the P.O. now... lovely cards amongst the depressing bills!

I was beginning to get worried that my cards were hiding in a tight spot in the Elk River post office, but then I see that everyone is starting to get them and it's a big relief!

Got cards from BlueRmGrl, BonoMot, and bonocomet yesterday.

And I have one more of my U2 cards left that I can send, should it become necessary.

Back
Top Bottom