PLEBA-girl-in-waiting (maybe??)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valoria

The Fly
Hi everyone,
I just joined this forum today after spending much of an afternoon when I should have been cleaning the house transfixed to my computer, :drool: over pictures of the band posted here, particularly those of Adam (and I usually go for dark-haired guys!). I'm also intrigued by the "love" threads--I don't know what that says about me (I've been happily married for 4 years); except that I am equally intrigued by what sort of psychology must be at work to keep a band together for 30 years, and a big part of that equation is (seemingly) deep friendship. Maybe it's because I lacked that deep sort of understanding and friendship as a child (and still lack it as an adult, because eveyone is so busy, has families, etc), that I kind of envy the closeness exhibited, seemingly without inhibition, between the members of U2. Plus, it's not everyday that you see grown men so affectionate with one another, as it's not emphasized as "normal male behavior" in our culture (in America, at least). So, I find their friendships intriguing on a number of levels.
So, I thought I'd introduce myself here. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and getting to know all of you!
Valoria

Thanks! So, what is the "blue crack" reference (dare I ask?). I'm still a pretty new U2 fan, so if it is some lyrical reference I might miss it!

Thanks! So, what is the "blue crack" reference (dare I ask?). I'm still a pretty new U2 fan, so if it is some lyrical reference I might miss it!

Welcome, Valoria! :wave:

"Blue crack" is a reference to Interference's dominant colour, and its addictive qualities. Be warned! :wink:

except that I am equally intrigued by what sort of psychology must be at work to keep a band together for 30 years, and a big part of that equation is (seemingly) deep friendship. Maybe it's because I lacked that deep sort of understanding and friendship as a child (and still lack it as an adult, because eveyone is so busy, has families, etc)

Aw :hug:. You'll be able to change that by joining this place, I think. We're all pretty friendly people around here, you're bound to make some close friends :) (and yeah, everyone's lives do get full, but true friends manage to make that stuff and their friendships work side by side). I fully agree with your comments about the band's long-standing friendship, that's one of the things I admire most about them. It's so refreshing to see that, given the typical history most bands find themselves in.

Good to have you on board! Welcome to the U2 forum, welcome to PLEBA (you'll have FUN here, I guarantee it :D). I myself am a Bono girl (which reminds me, I really should get back into the habit of checking out the Bono picture threads again. It's been so long since I've done that...), but I can definitely see why Adam gets love, too. It's hard not to love all the guys, really. Make yourself at home, and drool away!

Angela

:wave:
Hi there & welcome to Interference/PLEBA.

I've lived long enough to be blessed with having had long time f2f serious, also joyfully fun & full of laughter (all 3 aspects in each) friendship. I've been involved with this site for around 7 years and have added friends & aquaintances from here to my "chosen" family.

Having been in a few Fandoms previous to here....fans tend to be of generous spirit. Oh, we all have our cranky days, but in general real constant cranks, and people with more malicious intent are the exception, not the norm.

PLEBA can get kind of waky, but it's one of the things I love about it!:lol:

As to U2 thenselves....
Besides their obvious talents, and passion for music/lyrics/vocals/playing live; they have a lot of heart to them, and have showed it in action, not just words.

They ALSO have as you have seen a real friendship with each other (went to school together), and show it in affectionate gestures. And yeah, that still can be rare in certain areas /or sections of Amnerican men. It is a joyful thing to see!

You can tell us over time how you became a new to U2 Fan. C'mon in the water's fine! :D

Back
Top Bottom