PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
30C here today :reject: but picked 3 buckets of bilberries :love: so 30 liters for winter :hyper:

Now picking and selling em 50 euros a 10 liter bucket :applaud:

He is better now thx :heart:

Also I took a weekend trip to Berlin last weekend to see Pink :love: What a performer she is

So glad he's doing better. A cool respite for you! She is quite anazing.

Beautiful! It looks so cool and refreshing--here in Indiana USA today, it was 94F and felt like 108F. I didn't even go outside! :reject:

Oh dear.
The heat (inland up to 110 feels like :crack:) - will break here later this eve, tomorrow! :yippie:

Sitting in a Baskin Robbins right now. Library earlier for AC and wifi. :D
I
30C here today :reject: but picked 3 buckets of bilberries :love: so 30 liters for winter :hyper:

Now picking and selling em 50 euros a 10 liter bucket :applaud:

Never had those, but yay for you!

BTW my sis and I are going to see The Who at MSG on Sept 1! :love: Been a fan since (and seen them alot) 1967!

Take cafe, everyone! :wave:

Last edited:
Was in Germany for 4 days, Wacken heavy metal festival :rockon:

Also have picked 370 liters of blueberries so far, sold 340 liters :D Now going after wild raspberries :love:

Was in Germany for 4 days, Wacken heavy metal festival :rockon:

Also have picked 370 liters of blueberries so far, sold 340 liters :D Now going after wild raspberries :love:

I guess you got some of your internal bank of "Stay AWAKE !!!" Music to put in your for Winter Darkness Reserve Box. Glad you had a good time!

The man with a plan and many buckets!
Ooooo, wild raspberries! Cool. Have had wild blackberries decades ago. Yum!

Hi Ms Purrl. :wave: We're set to have about 3 days of lower humidity and low- mid 80° temps! :love: :zen:

My dog is a bit picky, only eats wild raspberries or cloudberries when out in woods. Doesnt touch blueberries. :lol::D

I loved picking fruit as a kid. We'd [my sister and brother and myself] pick cranberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. My nan would prepare them when we got back to her house and we'd enjoy them with cream.

Wonderful memories.

:lol:

What's a cloudberry like? Cool name.

And JJ they found an Prehistoric Giant Penguin about the height of a human in New Zealand!

Rubus chamaemorus is a rhizomatous herb native to cool temperate regions, alpine and arctic tundra and boreal forest,[1] producing amber-colored edible fruit similar to the raspberry or blackberry. English common names include cloudberry,[2] nordic berry, bakeapple (in Newfoundland and Labrador), knotberry and knoutberry (in England), aqpik or low-bush salmonberry (in Alaska – not to be confused with salmonberry, Rubus spectabilis),[3] and averin or evron (in Scotland).

Cloudberries are rich in vitamin C and ellagic acid,[1] citric acid, malic acid, α-tocopherol, anthocyanins and the provitamin A carotenoid, β-carotene in contents which differ across regions of Finland due to sunlight exposure, rainfall or temperature.[11] The ellagitannins lambertianin C and sanguiin H-6 are also present.[12] Genotype of cloudberry variants may also affect polyphenol composition, particularly for ellagitannins, sanguiin H-6, anthocyanins and quercetin.[13]
Polyphenol extracts from cloudberries have improved storage properties when microencapsulated using maltodextrin DE5-8.[14] At least 14 volatile compounds, including vanillin, account for the aroma of cloudberries.[15]

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/finlan...-finland/40625c8c-8a11-5710-a052-1479d276f73e

human sized penguin? :love::hyper:

cr3fWrb.jpg

Been picking raspberries with dog, he seems to like all the lakes and sea around :lol::D:lol:

:wave::wave:
Hi JJ! HI Doggo!

He looks nice and relaxed.
Thx for the cloud berry info.The bakeapple name sounds somewhat familiar. :D. Good luck with your raspberry picking.

We did a bit of that stuff when our parents would take vacations in New England states. They were happy, I was bored- i didn't like many foods back then; and definitely not berries! I'd enjoy it now. Done apple picking- love that!

Raspberries and real dark chocolate- yum. Blackberries, strawberries and blueberries in that order.
I have a peach jam from France to open and try. :up:

----------------

On a totally different note - ������������������������

My sis and i are going to see The Who at MSG on Sunday! :hyper:
I've seen them live since 1968, and my sis since 1971.

You have more night now than daylight, right? We are about at the halfway point.

Be well.

VERY happy-looking dog. :love: Good on you, dazz, seeing The Who. I got to see Mark Knopfler this past Tuesday night. Never got to see Dire Straits "back in the day", so very glad to have seen him twice now.

Safe travels and happy weekend, y'all! :hug:

Ms Purrl Saw your Beatles post!

So what did you think? Were you a fan already? Or was that when you became a fan? How about the other people at the fair?
Tell me! :D :wave:

I had been listening to them on the radio since the previous autumn, and got "Meet The Beatles" for Christmas 1963. Of course, when the appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show on TV, I was front and center in front of the TV each time. Can't remember when we learned about tickets going on sale for the fair in September, or how we even got them. My sister, a friend of ours, and I went--the friend's father drove us there (an hour away). There was a big crush when the doors to the coliseum opened, and it was hotter than hell, but we got in. And the screaming was so loud, we could barely hear them. John's hair looked red. And we were there! Everyone was into it. :love:

Hey guys!:wave: It’s been a minute, just stopping by to say hello. I’ve been lurking on the app, but the nostalgia of the blue forum has not been lost on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom