PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I need to post at least enough times to hit 67K... :D

and well you should, comet. hullo :D

I think m y tablet broke, i have to double check. I didn't drop it ( i have in the past a 2weeks ago but it as a soft short drop 2+ weeks back and nothing happened- yes i know there can be accumulation factors).

one ting had gotten a bit glitchy (removing screen grabs) but as far as i can tell a big warning flag. A friend grabbed it for me in late 2015 a then new KF 5th gen for a fabulous discount which i paid her. I can't afford to pay full price. hopefully it was some temporary "burn out" of some sort. :( :(

how was the concert comet?!

and well you should, comet. hullo :D

I think m y tablet broke, i have to double check. I didn't drop it ( i have in the past a 2weeks ago but it as a soft short drop 2+ weeks back and nothing happened- yes i know there can be accumulation factors).

one ting had gotten a bit glitchy (removing screen grabs) but as far as i can tell a big warning flag. A friend grabbed it for me in late 2015 a then new KF 5th gen for a fabulous discount which i paid her. I can't afford to pay full price. hopefully it was some temporary "burn out" of some sort. :( :(

how was the concert comet?!

It was great! :D My kids being big U2 fans too had the best time. JT is one of their favorites so this was huge for them. We did seats this time. After doing Red Zone at the last Rose Bowl show I had to skip the stress this time. LOL. (Last time was worth it tho since we got on the rail for the 360 show, but none of us wanted to go thru that again this time. But hey you can see for us for a split second on the 360 Tour Blu-ray!):lol:
Highlights for us were Exit (my daughters favorite U2 song), Bad: they had never seen that one live, and only my second time. Running to Stand Still which I'd never seen live, and if you can believe it, New Years Day :D Which after seeing 15 shows now, this was the first time they played it at any show I've seen. Finally! :lol:

It was great! :D My kids being big U2 fans too had the best time. JT is one of their favorites so this was huge for them. We did seats this time. After doing Red Zone at the last Rose Bowl show I had to skip the stress this time. LOL. (Last time was worth it tho since we got on the rail for the 360 show, but none of us wanted to go thru that again this time. But hey you can see for us for a split second on the 360 Tour Blu-ray!):lol:
Highlights for us were Exit (my daughters favorite U2 song), Bad: they had never seen that one live, and only my second time. Running to Stand Still which I'd never seen live, and if you can believe it, New Years Day :D Which after seeing 15 shows now, this was the first time they played it at any show I've seen. Finally! :lol:

:heart: I won't be going to any of the JT shows. Could have gone to Soldier Field in Chicago or to Louisville, but I couldn't convince any of "the usual suspects" to get off their duffs and go, cos we NEEED to! Maybe next tour?

:shifty::wave:

'Tsup. Thought I'd check in again and I see I'm not the only one!

Waiting my dates but not staying spoiler free. Gonna be amazing to see the JT in full. Lots of songs I haven't heard before. :heart: I feel lucky the band is still around to do such a thing. And sounding more than okay.

Also.

:shifty:

Just had my meet from a few years ago with Bono and Edge at HQ come up on FB memories. :love: I came to read my meet thread as someone reminded me about posting in there. Such fun reliving memories :lol::love:

I thought it would be rude not to check into here :shifty: Hi all :hug:

Only doing 2 shows but am so excited. :hyper:

I can't wait to see you in Berlin :hug::hyper:

:heart::heart: LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN! :heart::heart::hug::hyper:

Buddy and partner in crime. :D

Honestly you being there will be another highlight! Berlin is fantastic. We need to go out for dinner :D
I know some place's for good burgers and cocktails !

Last edited:
:hmm: starts counting on fingers...
Uno, dos, tres ... :wink:

Yay, for you and your kids having a great time! Ah, yes, def looking forward to hearing Exit live!!! Yay for hearing RTSS, and NYD first time. It will be hearing full electric IGC that will have me near Swoon!

Don't remember my actual JT concert :huh: music/vocal-wise, but i do have drawings i made from little sketches i must of drawn (unless from memory) of the show. We actually couldn't get tixs to MSG, we had to go out to Long Island to see them!

We were practically behind the stage, eh, a third of the way up ir so. I think i had binoculars. I guess Bono's beautiful JT self :drool: drowned out the aural memories!?! :lol: Adam was smoking on stage.

NYD was the first song I ever heard (partially) live in person. I had to give up my tix to be somewhere else. But a friend and had given me a free or half price Coke can for the Circle Line boat around Manhattan. The pier for that was right next to where U2 was playing (1983). I figured maaaaybe they'd be sound checking around the time the boat took off.

And they were! Adam kicked off the bass line, and Edge started up on the piano. They were pretty far away so i couldn't see if Edge had his guitar on too. Bono and Larry were not yet out. It was soooo cool, exciting!

By the time I got back people were heading into the outside venue, and I partly sullenly headed elsewhere. But I can say I first heard them live in 1983! I guess I missed the ad in he Village Voice in 1980 where they were playing first time in NYC.

My sis and I will but outside Met Life Std listening unless it's 95°+ and seriously humid or serious thunderstorms.

heart I won't be going to any of the JT shows. Could have gone to Soldier Field in Chicago or to Louisville, but I couldn't convince any of "the usual suspects" to get off their duffs and go, cos we NEEED to! Maybe next tour?

:( Aww. That's too bad. I do know a few other fans who are also not going to make it to this tour as well. Yes for sure next time, new album! :)

shifty: wave

'Tsup. Thought I'd check in again and I see I'm not the only one!

Waiting my dates but not staying spoiler free. Gonna be amazing to see the JT in full. Lots of songs I haven't heard before. heart I feel lucky the band is still around to do such a thing. And sounding more than okay.

Also.

:wave:

:shifty:

Just had my meet from a few years ago with Bono and Edge at HQ come up on FB memories. love I came to read my meet thread as someone reminded me about posting in there. Such fun reliving memories :lol: love:

I thought it would be rude not to check into here :shifty: Hi all hug

Only doing 2 shows but am so excited. :hyper:

:wave:

Uno, dos, tres ... wink

Yay, for you and your kids having a great time! Ah, yes, def looking forward to hearing Exit live!!! Yay for hearing RTSS, and NYD first time. It will be hearing full electric IGC that will have me near Swoon!

Don't remember my actual JT concert :huh: music/vocal-wise, but i do have drawings i made from little sketches i must of drawn (unless from memory) of the show. We actually couldn't get tixs to MSG, we had to go out to Long Island to see them!

We were practically behind the stage, eh, a third of the way up ir so. I think i had binoculars. I guess Bono's beautiful JT self :drool: drowned out the aural memories!?! lol Adam was smoking on stage.

NYD was the first song I ever heard (partially) live in person. I had to give up my tix to be somewhere else. But a friend and had given me a free or half price Coke can for the Circle Line boat around Manhattan. The pier for that was right next to where U2 was playing (1983). I figured maaaaybe they'd be sound checking around the time the boat took off.

And they were! Adam kicked off the bass line, and Edge started up on the piano. They were pretty far away so i couldn't see if Edge had his guitar on too. Bono and Larry were not yet out. It was soooo cool, exciting!

By the time I got back people were heading into the outside venue, and I partly sullenly headed elsewhere. But I can say I first heard them live in 1983! I guess I missed the ad in he Village Voice in 1980 where they were playing first time in NYC.

My sis and I will but outside Met Life Std listening unless it's 95°+ and seriously humid or serious thunderstorms.

I can see why "Bono's beautiful JT self" might have obliterated any other memories from that show. :lol:

And I remember that NYD boat story! So cool. :applaud:

San Diego show in September. :panic: I have actually never seen U2 in my home town. Yet.

They haven't been here for 13 years. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom