PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smUnLU2.gif

the rereturn of dazzy : )

I'm sure she will check in as soon as she can!
:grumpy:
:shifty:

:wave: :happy::happy::heart::happy::happy: :wave:
Helloesssss, everyone!!!

The only reason I included a grumpy face was it's taken me SO LONG to
get back here beacause I I STILL can't seem to log in at least on my tablet!

Remember I managed to get on once after comet and others suggested I clear my
cache and cookies...
it never worked again! :madspit: As far as I can tell idid exactly the same set of steps.

I had a book to returnto this library before I could get back on their computers. I finally did that just before I went up to computer floor.

My trip was glorious, extroidinary, fascinating and fun!!!!!!!

Oh, sure there were a few glitches here and there but overall~~~
***AMAZING***

posting this BRB

Last edited:
:happy:
well, let's see...

I was incredibly lucky...
My first International, long flights- NO ONE in Other seat each way! :lol::hyper::love:

I flew SWISS... very nice attendents. Tasty dinner & breakfast going out ( 7:30PM - land ?9AM ish)
and lunch, dinner returning home.

I stayed up the whole flight... very interesting to be up withthe whole cabin pretty dark... and very smooth flying - light vibrartion, hardly felt like we were moving! Flew at sunset and got great pics of NYC manhattan skyline in silhouette. Around 4AM (euro time) I started to parly open the window shade bc I didn't want to miss the dawn.

As we got near Geneva I got photos of (in early morning silouette ) of The Alps! (swoon!)

One set of cousins picked me up and drove me to their parents (my Aunt & Uncle's) house. (these cousins live in Geneva). The villiage is full of almost all traditionally built houses. Stone biult and stuccoed over in white OR in tinted colors! ANd shutters of different colors on different houses.

The country is is SOOOO beautiful and it was still Sooooo green! Yes, it was still the last 2 weeks of summer ( and first week of fsall when I left), but wasn't sure what with the (Jura, not Alps) mountains right there, what weather had been this year etc.

In between the villages , towns and city's ( in their area it was villages and towns) much of it is agricultural land. So wonderful the patch work of different fields. Bold and sutble curves of the hills. Stand alone trees, little clusters and patches of small forests. Ocassional fields with cows.

The MOST SUPRISING thing...

Vinyards! :ohmy: Lots and lots of vinyards! So pretty to look at! Swiss wine is local or regionaliy shared and doesn't seem to get over the borders too much.

My aunt's atelier (art studio) is incredible. So many decdes of work, files of prints, bnig draw files of papers, metal type. A type press. A printing press ( etchings, engravings, monotypes). Tools, tools and more tools! :hyper::love: Lots of windows! I triend things I'd never triend before artwise , and a bit of things I have done, as well.

We made several trips over to the big town three miles away, where another cousin and her family for amrkets and a special festival. One time she drove to her folks, picked me up and took me back to her town so we could walk by the biggest canal and by the southern edge of the Lake (Nuechatel). That is the biggest lake that is totally in Switzerland.

Paris was fabulous as I knew it woiuld be. The glitch there was the hotel did not seem to get the fax for theone medication my Aunt needed ( she had all the rest of her medications). RThat ended up waiting to get that settled over like ? 1 day plus? did mess up our planned schedule.

She sent me and my cousin (my cousin's oldest kid) off to see the Musse d'Orsay - a mojor place fopr the history of the Impressionists.

more another time...
i have to catch Dieman in FYM and ask him about my log in problem.

Big {{{hugs}} everyone! :wave:

:sigh:
:wave:
finally at a computer. Still can't log in on my tablet, damnit!!! :angry:
esp to my international pgp peeps
:hug::hug::hug:

u know that many of the rest of us are :scream: :sad: :crack::crack:

*stillpinchingself* and stages of grief don't always go in order, and can repeat (cycle & rinse)
good god WHY!!!???!

yes, i have at least 8+ reasons making a "perfect storm" so i can aswer my own question. Still, whhhyyyyyyyy?!

:hug:sto all who wept in their beer

oh, yeah, thanksgiving drama? i wasn't with my bigger family so no clashes
i hope yours went well...

Last edited:
I know it's been ages and ages since I've properly visited, and I blame the fact that my phone hates the app and doesn't like to load this site properly in its browser. I'm not on the laptop much when it's not tour season so thus I never remember to pop in here.

I'm on twitter constantly though. (@claytonskitten)

Things are okay here. Holidays are going to be rough without MrCK around (cancer SUCKS, have I mentioned that lately???), but on the bright side of things, I'm seeing someone. The bf is someone I've actually known since I was 15, and have been extremely close friends with for the last five or six years. (When we reconnected as adults, MrCK and I were neighbors of his!) So he and MrCK were really good friends as well. It's weird in that good comforting way. LOL. I know, hard to describe. But hey, the CK-BF is a good thing, def.
For those who are curious, he is of Irish heritage, almost full blooded, to be exact, and YES, he is a musician. He does bass, guitar, drums, AND vocals. He's even had a couple of bands in the past that were of decent note locally. He has stuff uploaded on ReverbNation....I shall have to find links and post them at some point. :lol:

:ohmy::ohmy::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm here on my tablet on MTA (subway transit)!!! Not the :heart: library computer!
First time since I got locked out in ? late Sept/early Oct except that one time where
I cleared the cookies ( as younall suggested) and hot on. Then it never worked again.

It's a Holiday Miracle!!:love:

A very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Solstice & New Year 2017 to all!

Be back in a while and tell a trip story if i can. :wave:

Last edited:
:ohmy: :hyper::hyper:

Oh wowit worked again ! On on subway (train) free WiFi!

Has my "no tablet connection to I-Land" finally been lifted?!
It started back around the last week of August!
Hope all of your had some good holiday memories from today! :heart::wave:

See u soon!

Will be at the library some time this week, will tell a trip story or two then . :)

Last edited:
Popped in here to see what's been up, as it's been a while since I've posted here, too, and I first off want to extend :hug: and condolences to you, CK, regarding your husband. I'm so sorry.

I'm very glad, though, that things are starting to look up for you of late. I hope all works out with this new guy (he sounds pretty awesome!) and I hope brighter days in general continue to come your way.

Second thing I want to say is that I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday season and that things are going well in your lives :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom