PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you need to buy an entire phone when you already have one? Just buy a cheap european sim card and put it in your own phone!

Oh! That would be soooo much better, as in 87 € (=97.00$) is way too much for me!
Thanks, GG!

Do you know if there's a difference in size between a smaller 'non-smart' phone like mine and your typical smart phone? Do they still have the simpler cell phonesg in Europe!

I don't have a smart phone bc I can't afford the Internet on it, basically.

New Topic :lol:

Past my building southward is a ?10 ft/3-ish m swatch of grass, then a pair of
free standing or attached private small houses (vs apt buildings).

Either some people are eager to start The 4th of July early as there have been
fireworks set off ? the roof or somnething that I could see earlier tgru window (fun!). Mostly the past hour+ now has been boomers, poppers, and sizzlelers :lol: Or maybe hey have to work tomorrow night so setting them off tonight instead.

Happy 4th to my USA pgp'rs! :D

Last edited:
Oh! That would be soooo much better, as in 87 € (=97.00$) is way too much for me!
Thanks, GG!

Do you know if there's a difference in size between a smaller 'non-smart' phone like mine and your typical smart phone? Do they still have the simpler cell phonesg in Europe!

I don't have a smart phone bc I can't afford the Internet on it, basically.

The sim cards made here are still the old 'big' sized ones. Most new smartphones use smaller microSIMcards, but those are just the regular ones cut off, so the one you get is just a regular one. Just make sure they don't cut it for you.

Happy 4th to my USA pgp'rs! :D

:wave:

Doing any sort of holiday sucks right now but I am making an attempt (for the kiddos, ya know).

Went to a picnic/pool party last night and saw fireworks. Silver lining to this was the fact that there were Jello shots for the adults. That helped. :lol:

Am headed to another picnic later today so we are just taking it easy and watching movies right now. I did post pics of the kiddos on FB and took a really cute pic for Instagram. :shrug: So I suppose the day isn't off to that bad of a start lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHcer0JAFx4/

Greetings from sunny Prague :love::love:

My feet, head and every muscle hurts but damn Iron Maiden rocked last night :rockon::rockon:

Two crappy days in a row. Two and a half if you count the fact that our plans for the 4th got rained out. Ended up microwaving dinner for the kiddos that night and improvising with popcorn and M&Ms.

Saw the lovely pics of B in France. Am hoping the break means he is well rested and ready to get the album finished soon. Yet....emotionally I am not sure I'm ready for a new album/tour just yet. :sad:

Two crappy days in a row. Two and a half if you count the fact that our plans for the 4th got rained out. Ended up microwaving dinner for the kiddos that night and improvising with popcorn and M&Ms.

Saw the lovely pics of B in France. Am hoping the break means he is well rested and ready to get the album finished soon. Yet....emotionally I am not sure I'm ready for a new album/tour just yet. :sad:

CK, I have been away for over a week and am just now seeing your posts. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and am sending prayers and healing light for your and the littles. :hug:

rock on, jj! :applaud:

CK, you've been through hell so your emotions can
be going in all manner of directions, or sometimes
no feeling at all.

sorry you holiday weekend fizzled out.

as far as EYKIW... been in the SOE threads. Lots speculation
about when single, album , tour. Or how close they r to finishing
There's been possibly new photo shoot, short vid of some bit of music.
some notes saying x deadline is ready. whether album done, ready to be sent out for production etc

extra :hug::hug: for you and kids.

That rooftop shoot was for promo stuff to do with Ordinary Love. Not SoI, I recall. They made them on top of the rooftop of a studio where they also recorded the clip, and such.

Apart from that , there's no telling what's gonna happen with them , ever?!

:wave: so I started relooking at trains Geneva to Paris to Geneva again. The TVG Lyra at 2nd class is still to expensive about 109$ each way. But I saw at least one longer 4+ hrs starting d at 39€ with one connection. So mayyyyyybe .... Be investigating further.

And I have to try and find a decent simple hotel in Paris: a stay over was not at all part of my plans but suddenly now ...
Some one close to me, their bosses whove known me a long time and like me (being told about my trip and hope to do a side trip to Paris ) have offered to pay part of a night's stay. HAPPY :sad: !

Which then the longer train ride would not cut down on a single 'day trip'. WOW :ohmy: :happy:

:wave: so I started relooking at trains Geneva to Paris to Geneva again. The TVG Lyra at 2nd class is still to expensive about 109$ each way. But I saw at least one longer 4+ hrs starting d at 39€ with one connection. So mayyyyyybe .... Be investigating further.

And I have to try and find a decent simple hotel in Paris: a stay over was not at all part of my plans but suddenly now ...
Some one close to me, their bosses whove known me a long time and like me (being told about my trip and hope to do a side trip to Paris ) have offered to pay part of a night's stay. HAPPY :sad: !

Which then the longer train ride would not cut down on a single 'day trip'. WOW :ohmy: :happy:

109 is very expensive. you might wanna check out skyscanner for flights.
I've found return flights from geneva to paris for about 80 euro's.
It would save you a butload of time.

Trains are nice if you want to enjoy waiting. aaand waiting..
aaand getting stuck, or delayed. And pay too much for them in the first place. If you want me to help out, let me know :)

Aw, thanks! :hug:

But I'm not sure I could tolerate extra airplane flights :crack: :lol: it's going to be challenging enough to be on the longest flights I've been on!!! :crack:

New subject>
> fan of baby sea turtles? Got a 25 on a scale of 1-10 adorable video to link to!

Trains are nice if you want to enjoy waiting. aaand waiting..
aaand getting stuck, or delayed. And pay too much for them in the first place.

:lol:

Well, I take the NYC Subway all the time. Waiting and waaitng.....aaaand delays, getting stuck
:wink:
Actually a good amount of time the subway's alright. :up:

Getting stuck inside one of those Swiss or French mountains tunnels? :yikes:
But I think that's a low probability.

And don't tell me otherwise! :crack: :lol:

I know I'll enjoy the on the ground view/scenery! :love:

If you're looking for a cheap decent hotel in Paris, we stayed at the Best Western hotel in 2009, that was nice for a decent price. No huge fancy rooms but a comfy bed and good shower.

Oh cristh :laugh: I just looked up and there are a gazillion best Westerns in paris... well that won't help then. I know it was next to a Metro line, not sure which one though. And we could see the Eiffel tower from a distance, hmm, let's see. Looks like it might be the Victor Hugo one. Not 100% sure though but that seems most likely. I didn't book it myself so I can't look up the details from back then.

I'm streetviewing :p It's not Victor Hugo.

Maybe it wasn't a BW.. maybe it was an Ibis.. HA that's it. Found it. Hotel ibis Cambronne. Very close to metro station Cambronne, there's a lot of nice bistros nearby where you can eat, walkng distance from Eiffel tower..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom