PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm exited you are comming over to our continent Dazz! Travelling is good for the soul.

Thanks, JJ & domo-k!
Yes, traveling can be/is amazing, fascinating, so interesting.

Totally interesting to be on another continent!
Being in the USA, it's so big yet you're traveling between States. There are some major differences in various ways, especially climate, terrain and then customs - but nothing like traveling the equivalent physically between the size of some of our States and your countries with them often being quite different from each other in customs.

I'd imagine that Russians, Indians (India) & Chinese might feel similar visiting Europe, South America, Africa, other parts of Asia ( and so would Americans).

Enjoy your weekend everyone! :wave:

Oh & last night on James Cordin (late late show)
Jack Hana brought our an adorable penguin :cute:

Last edited:
Yeah dazz. Love travelling in continental Europe, 500km and in different country with different language and culture :heart:

Come and get it. It's too cold and expensive for me to buy it there.

Cold ???

It´s summer here :lol::lol:

pDoNi3e.jpg

2tWnegY.jpg

So as soon as my passport arrives, then my aunt will book my flight.

She might have me land in Zürich instead of Geneva.
I wrote back if I go land in Zurich then I have to get a German phrasebook too, then?
Already have the French one, plus a Kindle Fire French phrase app which I better now get back to studying. :lol: :uhoh:

At least I have a few phrases in French I remember from grade school! :lol: :huh:

I certainly enjoy the sound of French. German... not so much. Oh, well. : )

Last edited:
So as soon as my passport arrives, then my aunt will book my flight.

She might have me land in Zürich instead of Geneva.
I wrote back if I go land in Zurich then I have to get a German phrasebook too, then?
Already have the French one, plus a Kindle Fire French phrase app which I better now get back to studying. :lol: :uhoh:

At least I have a few phrases in French I remember from grade school! :lol: :huh:

I certainly enjoy the sound of French. German... not so much. Oh, well. : )

Oh honey, it doesn't matter if you know German or French. :wink: The Swiss have their own language and it's absolutely uncomprehensible. Schweizerdeutsch. It's a mixture of German, French, Italian and random babble. :lol: So don't bother, haha.

Also, if you land in Zurich and got some time, if you walk out into the main street from the train station, there's this awesome chocolate shop that had the best chocolate I've ever tasted. :shifty:

You people are funny :giggle:

I'll add that their small town (pop. some what above 1,000) is around
3 miles/4.8 klms near the French border at its closest. So I'll ask them
if more French is spoken there then the Swiss language, or there it's
peppered with a lot more French.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Last edited:
If it's near the French border, they'll pretty much all speak French. But a lot of Swiss people speak English as well so don't worry. They're not half as chauvinistic as the French who refuse to speak English. :wink:

If it's near the French border, they'll pretty much all speak French. But a lot of Swiss people speak English as well so don't worry. They're not half as chauvinistic as the French who refuse to speak English. :wink:

Thanks, I figured some would at least. :)

Still I'll do my best to get some more French in place, it's the considerate thing to do.

My youngest cousin of the 6 of them was born in Switzerland, and French is her first language. Her daughter is the one who visited us last Summer.

Tsss. Poor Germans. Than You wont like the Dutch either. Our language Always gets confused with German.

Also RE : Belgium - Italy

:lol: I think I'll Just skip discussing anything soccer related at work tomowrrow. I might get lynched.

Beautiful goals by the italians thouhh.. Even by shitty Pelle:down:

Daz, they indeed speak gibberish :lol::lol: just talk in english and you´re good :lol::D

Hey, it's not gibberish we speak, it makes sense I promise. [emoji6]

Hi btw, I don't think I've ever been to this part of the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom