PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had a breakdown over it last weekend. I know I should be thankful for my 5 shows, meeting Dallas for the first time, and seeing Bono face to face again, seeing all of my old U2 friends again and making tons more new friends, getting into soundcheck one night, plus I added not 1 but 3 whole shows to my tour. I originally planned on Chicago 1 & 2 then my awesome friends talked me into adding 2 more shows in another city (country!) and go to Toronto. Plus I added a last minute spur of the moment decision to go to one more show. My friend (not a U2 fan) and I were 3 hours away from Chicago relaxing on a lake in Wisconsin for the weekend when I looked at her and I said I was bored out of my mind and I'd do anything for her if she drove me back the next night to see U2 again in Chicago. We live 6 hours away by car in Chicago and all we had to do was drive 3 hours home the next day. But instead we drove all the way back to Chicago, found amazing seats for the show, and then had to drive 6 whole hours home the following day. I've never cried at a U2 show before until that moment. The minute Bono started to sing the "oooh…..ooooh…." at the start of The Miracle, tears of joy came flowing out. I was so happy and just completely stunned to actually be there in person.

So anyways back to what I was originally trying to say…I should be thankful I went to 5 shows in two different countries in just two weeks and had an amazing time, but I want more. Much more. Going to Europe is just not an option for me this fall but don't think I haven't explored the idea! Not only am I out of money but the fall is always busy at work and I just can't realistically take time of like that, which is why I always have so much vacation time available in the summer. My awesome job didn't hesitate at all to give me two weeks off (I did go back to work for 4 days in between but I'll admit while I was physically there I was definitely not completely mentally there and not a lot got done and no one said anything to me about it). There has to be another US/Canada leg next year because I need to see them again very soon. I love this band so much and all of the people I've met and places I've been because of them. :heart:

Meanwhile.

Europeans have fossilized waiting for the tour to come over. :lol:
Can't believe how lucky we where last tour that they started in Europe, and came back too.
So I'm all happy for you galls getting the first leg this time around. :applaud:
Also very glad that i don't have to deal with PostConcertDepression yet.

Also... a certain smart someone is now in fucking NYC... not fossilizing and probably having a blast. :hyper:

I am still on a post Boston concert high! The shows were amazing. And it's interesting to see how much the show has changed since the beginning of the tour. The subtle changes made such a big difference.

I still haven't been able to process yet the whole experience of seeing the band for the first time in years but I have to say that I think Boston 4 was one of my favorite U2 shows! From the moment Bono came out on stage he owned that arena! I never realized how much charisma the man had until he walked out on stage for Boston 3. The energy the man exudes is incredible! Wow!

I was blessed with seats close to the main stage and the e stage. You'd think I'd have a camera that could take a decent photograph? NO!!! Or maybe it was the photographer? :hmm: :reject: Had to rely on my phone. And so the saga continues on how to use a digital camera! I'm old school--love film. If I have any good Boston pictures, I'll post them here.

So now on to New York!:hyper:

My first time being in GA was back in 2005 in Chicago. When I saw Bono and the boys (esp Bono) come out onto the stage I was in awe. I can't describe the feeling that I felt that night. I saw them the night before but I was up in the loge section so I couldn't really see very well! lol

I'm still very excited any time I see them but I really wish I could turn back time to how I felt that night. It was magic. :heart:

My first time being in GA was back in 2005 in Chicago. When I saw Bono and the boys (esp Bono) come out onto the stage I was in awe. I can't describe the feeling that I felt that night. I saw them the night before but I was up in the loge section so I couldn't really see very well! lol

I'm still very excited any time I see them but I really wish I could turn back time to how I felt that night. It was magic. :heart:

Magic is such a great word! I completely understand! There is such an excitement to seeing their shows--especially the first one. It's an amazing experience to see the band up close. The GA/floor section makes me think of being a part of something that is greater than ones self. Actually, I think the band is really good at making the whole concert experience feel very intimate no matter where you sit. But I do have to say, I have a lot of respect for GA folks. The other night was my first experience of witnessing at how the GA works. It was really cool but I don't think I could do it. :reject:

The show last night was a reminder of how uplifting and joyful a U2 concert can be. Boston #4 will definitely be a show I will always remember. :heart:

My only regret is I wish I could have appreciated the Zoo shows with the lens of life that I have now. I think it would have been a totally different experience.

There's only 8 more shows left of this leg of the tour and then they're off for a month. :crack: Not sure what I'm going to do with my time during that month….

I am still on a post Boston concert high! The shows were amazing. And it's interesting to see how much the show has changed since the beginning of the tour. The subtle changes made such a big difference.

I still haven't been able to process yet the whole experience of seeing the band for the first time in years but I have to say that I think Boston 4 was one of my favorite U2 shows! From the moment Bono came out on stage he owned that arena! I never realized how much charisma the man had until he walked out on stage for Boston 3. The energy the man exudes is incredible! Wow!

I was blessed with seats close to the main stage and the e stage. You'd think I'd have a camera that could take a decent photograph? NO!!! Or maybe it was the photographer? :hmm: :reject: Had to rely on my phone. And so the saga continues on how to use a digital camera! I'm old school--love film. If I have any good Boston pictures, I'll post them here.

So now on to New York!:hyper:

I hear you. All I could think when looking at my photos was, Damn it, next time I'm using film. Point and shoot is shit.

best shots I got from Helsinki was when filmed it for multicams on HD was from checking a moment from vid and then goin through frames :drool::drool:

My digital camera seems fine. Heaps better than any old film camera. Especially in the hands of a pro like Domo I got some brilliant shots.

I hear you. All I could think when looking at my photos was, Damn it, next time I'm using film. Point and shoot is shit.

Yes! I couldn't capture any of the moments with my point and shoot. And they are all blurry. My film camera is a Canon SLR. Love the photos it takes and it has a great detachable zoom lens. Don't think I can get into the concert with it, tho.

My digital camera seems fine. Heaps better than any old film camera. Especially in the hands of a pro like Domo I got some brilliant shots.

What kind of camera do you use? My digital is a Canon Pro Shot. Everything comes out blue and grainy. :reject: Not sure if I can take that in. It's larger than a point and shoot. I wish Domo was going to MSG so she can take my pix! :)

try catching cars passing By with your cam, if you get those clear that shutter speed will work fine on concerts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom