PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jep, Domo kun en ik hier in dit topic, maar op het forum zijn er aardig wat. :D er is een NL draadje in Lemonade Stand, maar die is niet erg drukbevolkt.

Sorry gals, we'll go back to English. :wink:

Jazeker! But never knew you where Dutch?

And yeah I have to agree with you, I think its corny when artists tell you to do something. Reminds me of the one time at the Rock Werchter festival. To my dismay , 30 seconds to mars was there. Time for a food and drink stop ofcourse. But I could hear their singer shouting out orders. I think the set consisted of barking orders, more than singing or whatever you call their style. Dude should stick to acting.

How could you know Domo-kun, I'm a real newby here! :cute:

At SJ2 I sat danced behind two guys, noting the names of the songs in their phone (so they knew their shit), but not really singing/dancing as I was. Until B asked everyone to raise their hands, and hup, they obeyed immediately. Scary shit, if you ask me. Needless to say I didn't!

Being part of crowd can be okay, I know. Love to see U2 live obviously and enjoy myself. And remember seeing Prince on the fields of Rock Werchter, not during the festival itself, but a few weeks later. Was great to sing along with everyone during Purple Rain when it poured heavily. I just am always aware what masses can be brought up to. :shrug:

Last edited:
Where are you settled now ? Just corious since I've always been interested in living abroad.

I understand :D Sounds amazing.
Terrible living in California though :wink:

there's an interview where he confirms this but I can't find it. It was a backstage interview from an award show from the last tour. :huh: But I have no idea what it was from….

The Brit awards.

Bono: People need to stop treating me like a sex object. I am a real person, I have feelings, and I won't be treated this way.

Drunk Spice Girl: What about you, Edge?

Edge: I am in fact a sex object.

But now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it!! This is why EVERY thing should be downloaded. :cry:

Last edited:
The Brit awards.

Bono: People need to stop treating me like a sex object. I am a real person, I have feelings, and I won't be treated this way.

Drunk Spice Girl: What about you, Edge?

Edge: I am in fact a sex object.

But now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it!! This is why EVERY thing should be downloaded. :cry:

I thought it was from the Brit awards but then when I couldn't find it I started to think it was from something else. I just saw it a few months ago :scream: :sad:

:hmm: I was pretty sure I had giffed that moment. And yep. :D

edgebendy2comet.gif~original

And a few more for the heck of it.

edgebendycomet.gif~original

stompbouncecomet.gif~original

edge-bootscomet.gif~original

edge-bridge-comet.gif~original

edgecool360comet.gif~original

adam-edge-guitars-comet.gif~original

edgerockcamiyak.gif~original

I am so in love with this picture that I just want to share. It was taken in Cashel, Ireland, recently by the guy who runs the Seanie's Beautiful Ireland Facebook page--he surprised us by meeting us at Hore Abbey down the hill from the Rock of Cashel. My son Shawn, meself, my sister Patt, and her hubby Mike had just climbed over a five-foot rock wall (we didn't know there was a gate on the other side!) and were heading to the ruins of the abbey, which dates to the early 1200s. :heart:

070315-HoreAbbeyBarretts_zpsxx0x43pl.jpg

yeah Edge is far too modest to show all of his funk but the man can move.

I remember seeing him playing UTEOTW in frankfurt and hannover, he was el fuego !
With him bending over the bridge , to strecht out to bono like wtf- a 16 year old. And now he did something similar on his knees during elevation this tour. Plus the dancing :drool:

Hooo ha, yeah!

When I saw the The Fly video in snippets within a longer video around the Vertigo tour, saw him moving as he did in those snippet I was like...
...oooOOOHooo.. look at that! :ohmy: :drool:

That when I began to appreciate E beyond his sonic guitar, singing, humour, smarts and empathy. :lol:

I think he (imho) came into his own in a sexy way on the ZOO TV tour :drool:

WHICH Like ALL my U2 Show Experiences from 1983 UNtil :hug:s dg and laura saved the day for me by getting me my first GA in 09 (!)was usually SO far away that I couldn't really see them well at ALL!
On a rare occasion binoculars helped some when i could get them!

WHen you have seen ALL OF your Other earlier than U2 Ultra Favorite bands over decades Up Close almost ALWAYS never seeing U2 up close till 09 was :scream: exasperating !

MY show is next week! Seats with my sis.
Still :pray: that SOMEHOW I can get a GA for any of the nights except the 22 (my show) and 23 (a second cousin of mine /daughter of a first cousin) is visiting us! very exciting.

I didn't know about the TM phone app rill Fri when I saw it discussed on the Tix Drop Thread. I DON'T have a smart phone but my sis does.
Hopefully she successfully uploaded it last night. She wants to help me if she can.

Last edited:
Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!

:yippie::yippie: :yippie:

w0000000000t!

I knew you'd be floored! (in the best way possible :wink: )

SO HAPPY 4 U! :hug:

Those shows were good. I did North and South. I think Friday was a little better too. It seemed like they rushed through the second half of the show AND dropped a song on Saturday. Never mind that at the beginning of Bullet I thought Bono had a stroke. Took him 3 tries to get the opening words right.

I have come to realise that I am too farking old for multiple shows - especially back to back.

ooohhh, pshaw ! :wink:

I was 56 when I did my first GA (got there around 8:30AM) at the Old Giants Stadium NJfor 360 in 09, and next night went with my sis in seats! And 58 heading from NYC for GA in Philly 360 in 2011. :D

Last edited:
I'm so happy I decided to wander up front for the encore on Friday. I got to spend it with you! :)

You're right about Saturday. It was a great show, just....weird. COBL into Bullet was the weirdest transition ever. I was pissing myself laughing at Bono's screwups of Bullet. :lol:

Speaking of Dallas, on Friday night he walked right up to me and handed me a pick! :ohmy: :faint: I've never met him nor am I one of the tour regulars. It was a shock. I was babbling like an idiot about it for 10 minutes. :lol:

:lol: :hyper: :hug: fabulous!

oh yes and Pic Gift spam! :drool::drool:

I have 2 sets of Lithium Energizer batts to take to MSG... that way I can do some video too! :hyper::drool:

both me AND my sis are taking our Small Digi SLR's. The ones that look like just point and shot digi's!
what I bought for 360 2011 for my 2nd GA!

she liked it so much she bought the same one later on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom