Need some positive vibes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karen , that is great. I am so happy for you. I new everything would work out

Thanks. It's going to be so hard to make it thru the weekend till noon sunday to see if the squatters in my son's condo have moved out as promised to the landlord or not. Cripes :doh: How much more of this can we take?

Can't believe how fast February flew by and it's almost March already!

What an ordeal, sorry to hear about all of this. Have you seen Noah yet? You must be dying inside, I can relate. Hopefully this nightmare will end. Have you seen Noah yet? :hug:

I've not seen Noah since Christmas Day and I miss him terribly. This weekend didn't go as planned (are we surprised?) The landlady is going to court tomorrow hoping for an emergency 3 day eviction and restraining order against this girl's family as well as to evict the girl's mother immediately. They are squatting and going nowhere. A sheriff came and we removed all my son's belongings from HIS condo. That basically left only what these vagabond gypsies arrived with--clothing and the baby with stroller. we left the baby things, all of which my son and our family have purchased or supplied. The condo is trashed and filthy inside. It was not in that condition when my son was kicked out, he is a neat freak and always kept his all of his apts, dorm rooms, etc very neat and clean. We removed EVERYTING but the overpiling trash. They have no towels, linens, soap, TP, paper towels, blankets, TV, cooking utensils, dishes, silverware....NOTHING. We can only hope and pray the court grants the paperwork tomorrow to the landlady and we get it served. I swear I'm going to write a book, this has been the worst experience for us. One of my son's friends is calling Child Protection Svcs about the filth we found in that place. That is no place to have a child. Will continue to keep you posted...thank you all for your kindnesses, positive vibes, questions and concerns!

:hug:

Prayers for you, your son and little Noah. Hopefully this will be settled very quickly. CPS should work quickly, at least they will make them clean up. :hug::hug: Hang in there.

I just happened to read this, and I'd like to offer a bit of a different perspective. Carek, please understand that this is in no way a criticism of you or your son, just the way I tend to think of things like this. :) And yes, I've experienced it myself to a small degree, and through other members of my family to a larger one. In fact, one of my nephews has been through almost this exact sort of thing with his ex.

I personally don't know what happened between the couple, or what your son was accused of, I can only go by what's in this thread. And I do understand that when you're in the midst of a situation, emotions can run high, and the desire for revenge can take over the best of us. But one thing to keep in mind through all of this is the welfare of the little guy, and the thing is, that his welfare is directly tied to that of his mother. In some ways, when she's being hurt, he will be too. Ultimately, your son did choose to have a child with her, and he (and maybe indirectly, you), will have to deal with this woman for the next 18 years. Wouldn't it be best to keep it as civil as possible? Maybe she's done things that are inexcusable, but IMO, sometimes it's worth being the bigger person in order to calm things down and smooth things over, and to establish some sort of a civil working relationship so that the two parents can be the best parents possible to the child. I firmly believe that a child needs both parents, if at all possible, unless there's something abusive going on, and that it's in the best interest of the child for both parents to be as accommodating to each other as possible.

I hope it all works out for everyone in the end, and especially for your grandson. :)

Back
Top Bottom