Missing All My Girls, a short note from GG1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greeneyedgirl

ONE love, blood, life
I've been a bit occupied the last 2 wks.
One of my *kids* was in a tragic car accident 2 weeks ago. He and his best friend were thrown from the car, the friend Eric, did not survive.
I have been spending a good deal of time at the hospital with his real mom and family, praying for his daily progress.

They had been drinking. Not sure which one was driving, but it was Bobby's car. As far as the police can tell the car hit a dip in the road, perhaps to avoid an animal, and the car went airborn. Eric was thrown from the car after the first flip and Bobby remained in the car until the 5th and final flip. They think he went thru the windshield (car is beat up beyond belief)

Bobby was a security officer, a volunteer fire fighter, and worked with local police depts. He will never be able to do any of those things again. He may have some brain damage, has lost use of one eye, and may have some nerve damage in his spine. So far, he doesn't speak, but will flip you off, give you the thumbs up or just squeeze your hand. He sat up on Wed, and tried to sit on side of bed today.

His family has not told him about Eric yet, but I'm sure he knows because he is usually the one that has that sort of conversation with families who have just lost someone in a fire.

We are praying all the time for even the smallest improvements.
I care for this person very much, he is like a son to me. (His dog 'Mohawk' is DJ and Pearl's sister)
I would appreciate any prayers that anyone can offer.

And please.....don't drink and drive.

:hug:

A million hugs sent your way!:hug::hug::hug:

So sorry to hear about this! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Bobby and his family!

Oh, my god. How awful! I'm so sorry to hear about Eric, my condolences to his family and friends on their loss. And my sympathies in regards to Bobby as well, here's hoping he gets better (as better as one can possibly be with such severe injuries) as quickly as possible.

GG, and everyone who's been affected by this tragedy, you are all in my thoughts :hug:. And thanks for the reminder as well-rest assured, I'll follow it to the letter, and see to it that everyone else I know does, too.

Great news on Bobby.
He has had one wk on the rehab floor and is doing amazing!
He is sitting himself up and down in bed, he can walk up and down stairs without help now, he isn't plugged in to anything and taking pain meds by mouth, he can eat whatever he wants. He still has an alarm on his bed so he can't go back to the 7th floor ICU where all the 'Hot Nurses' are :lol:

He is talking alot!!! He has 10 more days of rehab then another surgery to put his skull back together (it is so gross) and one more procedure after that. In 4 wks they will talk about sending him home.

He got to see his dog the other day. Someone brought Mo up and they let Bobby wheel outside to play with her. He has a little helmet that he will have to wear (looks like an Easy Rider Biker thing :wink: ) and all the firemen and police/rescue guys are signing it.

OMG, he is gonna be able to use the eye afterall. Not sure how much, but the little monster is proving to be a miracle at every move.

Thanks so very much for everyones prayers and thoughts!!
They are working :hug:

*Breathes massive sigh of relief* Oh, that is SUCH fantastic news, I'm so happy to hear some positive reports! Yay for him getting to see his dog, nothing like a pet to make you feel better. Love how the rescue people are signing his helmet, that's cool, and LOL at the "hot nurse" thing :D.

Best of luck with the rehab and treatments and such. Thanks for the update, sending along many, many well wishes and love to him and all of you who are supporting/helping him :hug:.

Angela

Surgery was loooong! They said 6 hours, allowed for 8 and took almost 12. Those doctors were tired after that.
He is eating pretty good. Ready for Thanksgiving :applaud: and hopefully in a few wks he'll be home for good.

We got a lot to be thankful for this year :hug:

Thanks Girls :hug:s

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom