Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I bought my guitar and have started lessons!

I know 7 chords now: E, A, D, G, C(add9), Em, Am. Although the last 3 I just learned last night, so I'm very slow at them. :lol:

Here's me with my guitar:

Photo001.jpg

I'm loving it so far! :D

:giggle: Well, I'm sure you're much better than I am right now!

I can barely strum - we've been focusing mainly on our fret hand, and getting our fingers positioned properly. The strumming will come eventually.

Last night my teacher told us that we'll learn You Are My Sunshine maybe next week, and then next Jingle Bells. :lol: By the end of the course (end of Nov) we'll also do a Green Day song, one by Avril Lavigne ( :yuck: ) and a few Pink Floyd and Lynyrd Skynyrd ones.

Hooray! :dance:

My fingers are aching after practicing for at least an hour every day, but I'm so stoked about learning!

sweet!
ive been focusing on my portfolio that colleges want.
i think i might learn in a little while but that means 3/12 songs will be U2 songs...hopefully thats ok??

the only green day song I know is Wake me up when september ends.... I wanna try basket case someday tho, that's the only song of theirs I REALLY like....

:reject: and I know some songs of Enrique Iglesias now...

:rockon: and the super Mario land 2 theme!

The Green Day song we'll be learning is Time of Your Life.

At tonight's class, we'll most likely be learning You Are My Sunshine. :giggle:

The class is such a good deal $$-wise. I'm going to keep my eye out so that I can take Level 2, when it's offered. Hopefully it will be sometime in January.

I finished up Here comes the sun and next week I'm learning In A Little While:drool:

Can't find Two Shots bass tab :sad:

On a totally unrelated note, do any of you find that the weather affects how your guitar(s) stay(s) in tune? My bass stayed exactly in tune for over a week, without me having to do more than tweak the E string a tiiiiiiny bit, once... until we had this big thunderstorm on Saturday night. (First storm we've had in ages... :drool: )
The next day, all the strings were WAY out of tune (flat). :lol:

I'm sure it's got something to do with atmospheric pressure and humidity or somesuch... Anyone out there with a degree in guitar-related meteorology? Or alternatively, weather-related guitarology... :wink:

:lol: I have no clue Ali, but guitars have a much shorter life expectancy in humid areas.... I don'tknow about the strings tho... wait, I do..

the strings are metal.... and my friend told me a friend of hers has a REALLY old bass amp and bass, and if he turns on his amp, his bass functions as a guidance wire and he can hear radio trough his AMP!
so :hmm: I think the electricity in the thunder might have something to do with it... perhaps moving electrons and whatnot in the metals...

Alisaura said:
Can't find Two Shots bass tab :sad:

On a totally unrelated note, do any of you find that the weather affects how your guitar(s) stay(s) in tune? My bass stayed exactly in tune for over a week, without me having to do more than tweak the E string a tiiiiiiny bit, once... until we had this big thunderstorm on Saturday night. (First storm we've had in ages... :drool: )
The next day, all the strings were WAY out of tune (flat). :lol:

I'm sure it's got something to do with atmospheric pressure and humidity or somesuch... Anyone out there with a degree in guitar-related meteorology? Or alternatively, weather-related guitarology... :wink:

yup!
my high e string gets fret buzz during the winter months because the air is so dry so i have to put a humidifier in my case to prevent it

:lol: That's funny about the radio/amp, GG...

Fret buzz... :scratch: I'm guessing that means when your string makes that buzzy noise against the fret (der), but I thought mine just did that cos I suck. :lol: :reject: Maybe I can blame the weather instead!

Back
Top Bottom