Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
upon further investigation if UTTEOTW i find its not so bad... just edgey baby makes it truly gorgeous, but it is quite easy to bang out the chords on an old accoustic. yay

mysterious_jen said:
hey girrrrrls what pieces are you working on now?? im trying to get the intro for SBS atm. finger work not my strong point but im sure i will get it .
I did some bass practice last night for the first time in ages... :reject:
I started looking at Zoo Station... looks like fun once I get the hang of it :D

i know the intro to zoo station :wink:
but im still working on the bullet solo ..specifically the one from hawaii..
UTTEOTW is fun but it took me a while to get the rythem down.

I only have an acoustic and I have a hard time playing because of my fingers, they're small! And the neck of my guitar is crooked :huh:

Here's my guitar :wink:

cestmoi005.jpg

And it sounded awful...I didn't feel like tuning it! :huh:

:drool: Girls with guitar skills...

I'm a guy, but have been playing for 6 years, have a band, and am not too bad if I do say so myself. :wink: Favorite U2 song to play = Last Night On Earth. The verse riff is awesomely simple:

D|---------------------------------------------------------
A|---------------------------------------------------------
E|---0--0--3p0--0--3p0--3s5--5--5--2--2--2--2--0

:rockon:

I attempt to play, bought my guitar a few months back, part of a New years thing - learn something new :giggle:
My friend taught me basics, he's an amazing player (self taught due to a bet that he couldn't learn)and I think he got a little stressed teaching me cos I'm bad :yikes: I'm better at keyboard!

But this weekend I managed to teach myself the start of In a little while (Love it :drool: )

I attempt to play as well. Sort of alright at it. My friend says I'm getting better! :hyper:
I'm in (acoustic) guitar club in school, I know sort of the basics and I sort of teach myself. Slowly learning by learning to play songs and getting some help from my friend. I only know two U2 songs though. But I can play up to 14 songs!

My mum won't buy me a guitar though, so I'm stuck with the old rental guitars from school. I'm fine with it though, as long as I can play. :D

you will get a guitar of your own eventually SS, i got my first one for $3 at a fete !!!! needed new strings and stuff but i still have the poor busted thing .
keep practicing ! :hug:

I'm hoping to get one for my birthday in November. :hyper: And I'm gonna get some new strings for the rental. I asked the band teacher and he said it was alright. These ones are all rusted and green, I don't want them breaking while I play.
And thanks! I will! :hug:

I'm going to buy an electric soon.... but I'll need advice from a music teacher at school first, he's a professional guitarist so he'll be able to help me picking one :D

ha i know me too.
thats why i stuck with my stupid fender strat although its really unique.

okay i like it alot.
i called it stupid because the gibson explorer is like the god of guitars lol

*has no idea what sort of fancy bass brands are out there* All I know is that Adam uses a lot of Fenders with Jazz necks on them, whatever that means. :lol:

*hugs her Yamaha* :wink:

Alisaura said:
*has no idea what sort of fancy bass brands are out there* All I know is that Adam uses a lot of Fenders with Jazz necks on them, whatever that means. :lol:

*hugs her Yamaha* :wink:

noes, you got it wrong :tongue:
he uses Fender Jazz Basses with Precision necks on them, because they're smaller and more comfortable for his hands...

:tongue: and he uses Lakland basses aswell, the wooden ones with the black pickguard are lakland...

:nerd:

:drool: Edge's rickenbacker 360/12, guh... I'd love to have one of those!

Galeongirl said:
noes, you got it wrong :tongue:
he uses Fender Jazz Basses with Precision necks on them, because they're smaller and more comfortable for his hands...

Au contraire :wink:... I am dead sure I've seen it the other way round somewhere. I've read an interview where he says he's still using an old Precision bass, but he put a Jazz neck on it... don't make me find a quote :tongue:

*hunts*

:tongue: and he uses Lakland basses aswell, the wooden ones with the black pickguard are lakland...
I've seen pics of him with a Lakland bass, yes... but since I never heard of that brand before then, and have no idea why they're different to Fender basses, it seemed best not to mention it and betray my ignorance even further.
.... oops. :D

:reject:

ETA:
thrillme said:
(re: '72 Fender Precision.)
"It's a really light instrument, which is fantastic, because it's got this nice brightness without losing any bottom end. I'm always changing something on it, but it's still pretty much the same instrument I've always played. I did put a Jazz neck on it very early on; I find the Jazz neck suits my left hand better. The Precision is a painful, physical thing to do battle with. The Jazz is a bit more ladylike."

"Recently I've actually been playing Jazz basses, though, because I've been using my fingers a lot more, and I've been after a bit more definition. I recorded the new album [ATYCLB] with two Jazz basses -- a '61 and a '72. I also used my old Gibson Les Paul Recording bass. It's a short-scale thing with this great, round bottom that just moves air. It's great in the studio."

So I guess we were both right... kinda... :wink:

Luvs ya GG :hug:

Last edited:
Alisaura said:

Au contraire :wink:... I am dead sure I've seen it the other way round somewhere. I've read an interview where he says he's still using an old Precision bass, but he put a Jazz neck on it... don't make me find a quote :tongue:

*hunts*

I've seen pics of him with a Lakland bass, yes... but since I never heard of that brand before then, and have no idea why they're different to Fender basses, it seemed best not to mention it and betray my ignorance even further.
.... oops. :D

:reject:

ETA:

So I guess we were both right... kinda... :wink:

Luvs ya GG :hug:

:wink: I heard Adam himself say that he plays 'fender jazz basses' ... :wink: 60 minutes interview, backstage parts....

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom