Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

Pleba has really died down over the years. :sad: What happened to everybody? Just thought I'd share the fact the I have learned 'Summer Rain' and 'Flower Child'. Little know and underrated U2 songs that might get covers posted up on Youtube one of these days. :hmm: Keep the ball rolling guys.

:bump:

Pleba has really died down over the years. :sad: What happened to everybody? Just thought I'd share the fact the I have learned 'Summer Rain' and 'Flower Child'. Little know and underrated U2 songs that might get covers posted up on Youtube one of these days. :hmm: Keep the ball rolling guys.

Nice to see this thread back :) You're great, :up: for you. I have learned Angel Of Harlem :) Finally.

God this thread is OLD. Back around Christmas I bought a Takamine G-Series Acoustic/Electric for about $275. The sound of that thing is so warm, I haven't played it through an amp yet though.

396999_10200254499993406_1083605543_n.jpg

This thread! :love:

I don't know much about guitars or acoustic anything, but warm-sounding seems nice, flybabe!

I finally got a real amp/speaker for my bass late last year, I'll see if I can post a pic...

664597_10151144507882651_1182266698_o.jpg

I was not at all influenced by the fact the amp was a "Time Traveler". Not in the slightest. *cough* :shifty:

Hey Alisaura, :wave: it's been a long time. I really wish I could change this thread name to 'All Things to do with Stringed Instruments' :lol: My old amp that I mentioned in previous posts died about three years ago and I haven't had one since.

I'd really like to get a bass, in fact that is my favorite part of music despite the fact that I play the guitar.

I know, I'm not the regular I once was! :reject: Good to see you though :wave:

It's okay, a bass is a bass guitar so it still works. :wink: Maybe all instruments in general if we have some aspiring drummers!

I only had a tiny practice amp until I got this, it made things tricky if the cover band that I'm now in (by the way) got a gig in a venue that didn't have a decent PA system. But I don't have to worry about that now. :D

Our band plays NYD (which I already knew), and the studio version of Crazy Tonight... We did WOWY once but I don't think our singer is confident about hitting the notes that Bono hits in the recording. I should tell him not to worry cos Bono can't hit them any more either. :giggle:

You should totally learn bass... it's one of those things that it's really easy to do the basic stuff (which is all I can do), but I have an even greater appreciation now for what really good bassists can do (and I can't, :lol: ).

Good to see you too. I don't know what it was about the 'old days' when everyone was on and around Pleba. I guess people grew tired of the general run of the mill discussions. I know I haven't been on here much at all in the past couple of years, but I'll discuss what's been going on in the PGP thread if anyone's around.

I've been looking around for some amps, just got to get up the money to 'waste' on one first, and also I'd love to start a cover band that covers The Cure and U2, that would be awesome.

Good to see you too. I don't know what it was about the 'old days' when everyone was on and around Pleba. I guess people grew tired of the general run of the mill discussions. I know I haven't been on here much at all in the past couple of years, but I'll discuss what's been going on in the PGP thread if anyone's around.

I've been looking around for some amps, just got to get up the money to 'waste' on one first, and also I'd love to start a cover band that covers The Cure and U2, that would be awesome.

I think a recent tour helped! I guess it's a cyclical thing and every so often various circumstances all align and the place is jumping again... I know I have less time for internets than I did in 2007-8, and I only tend to check the PGP sporadically.

Yeah, I had to save up a bit before I got that one. I love it though... and I love it when my next door neighbours are out so I can crank it and rattle the windows. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom