Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a Gorilla Amp a while back,it has some age on it but you play that Stagemaster through it and it sounds beautiful,plus it has built in major distortion called Tube Stack so it makes playing certain U2 songs a blast,I'd really like to get one with built in echo,that would be so neat.

I had to dust this great thread off a bit. :D

The other day I was wondering what happened with this thread.

And although I'm not a girl, I like the guitar/gear talking. :D I hope you don't mind me lurking around... :reject:

Don't mind the title,it's for every one who plays guitar,a discussion thread for guitar players :wave:

I got a Gorilla Amp a while back,it has some age on it but you play that Stagemaster through it and it sounds beautiful,plus it has built in major distortion called Tube Stack so it makes playing certain U2 songs a blast,I'd really like to get one with built in echo,that would be so neat.

I had to dust this great thread off a bit. :D

it doesnt have delay? That's odd.

it doesnt have delay? That's odd.

It does,it's just not too noticeable. You have to turn it up loud for it to sound like it has delay with the Tube Stack on. I don't get it either,but I'm going sometime to get some delay pedals.

Another thing is that I have never heard of these the of amps before,it was given to me by a friend,I've done research on it but can't really find much on them. I may just end up having to get something else :shrug:

hmm yeah just get a pedal. I have a delay pedal even though i have built in reverb/delay. there are some relatively cheap ones.

Hey guys, long time since any discussion went on in here. I just went out today and I'm getting myself a (sorta) new guitar, my old one has to have some work done on it so I wanted a fresh start. I've found a different type Fender guitar twice in the same pawn shop, so I'm really happy about this find. This one is a Squire Bullet, and these guys are more popular than Stagemasters. It's like a Stratocaster replica and it's much cheaper and plays excellently, it just needs a little cleaning up and some new strings and it'll be ready to go. It's just to have until I actually get the chance to go out and buy a bigger name guitar.

Hey guys, long time since any discussion went on in here. I just went out today and I'm getting myself a (sorta) new guitar, my old one has to have some work done on it so I wanted a fresh start. I've found a different type Fender guitar twice in the same pawn shop, so I'm really happy about this find. This one is a Squire Bullet, and these guys are more popular than Stagemasters. It's like a Stratocaster replica and it's much cheaper and plays excellently, it just needs a little cleaning up and some new strings and it'll be ready to go. It's just to have until I actually get the chance to go out and buy a bigger name guitar.

That's awesome!

Do you know if the calibration is ok? That's something you should also check while you're replacing strings, cleaning and doing all that maintenance.

I think it's been over 7 years since I got a new guitar.

These are the ones I own:

Ibanez RG470:

Dear-Ibanez-RG470.jpg

Ibanez JS100:

ibajs1.jpg

Finally, a thread after my own heart! :love: I have a guitar, as Mucca can attest to, my Near Clone.she's a Fender Dreadnought 5, sunburst pattern, Spruce back, pine sides. I've had her since 05 and the only chords I know are G, A, C and I can sorta play tequilia Sunrise by the Eagles. I stopped playing jsut as I was getting started because my father passed and his friend was giving me lessons. I need to get going again. I've even named my guitar, the totally dorky name of Clayton Evans.

Awesome, a guitar thread! :D I play classical guitar, but I'm gonna play electric guitar too (my dad's gonna buy me a cheap one heheh)

I'm playing the classic version of "With a Little Help from my Friends" from the Beatles.:D

Drummer girl is taking a daring trip into the guitar thread:reject: I once played acheapo acoustic guitar, But I like to nerd over guitars anyway.

I had lessons in basics for a year, but that was 3 years ago, I now occasionally get behind a drumset in stores or at friends.

I know most of us are good with U2 songs, but is there anyone out there that is a Nirvana freak like me. All of their songs are usually played tuned down, and that is all I play in anymore. I play alot of the Unplugged versions of their songs, with the occasional obscure song like 'Dumb' and 'Pennyroyal Tea'. :heart:

Great thread! I own guitar (Ibanez GRG270B JB) and I'm a begginer. I only know how to play some chords and that's all :( :D

Well, that's great! :) You start with chords and you grow in that direction, and then there's barred chords/power chords, and then it's all smooth sailing from there. I'm really thinking about playing bass, and I'd like to try playing the drums... There's so much I wanna do in the music world! :crazy:

Well, that's great! :) You start with chords and you grow in that direction, and then there's barred chords/power chords, and then it's all smooth sailing from there. I'm really thinking about playing bass, and I'd like to try playing the drums... There's so much I wanna do in the music world! :crazy:

I tried drums. It's difficult, I must say! But veryy cool :D:D

Back
Top Bottom